Even If It Kills Me

Wake Up

My eyes opened. I was in a white room, in a bed, without knowing how I got there.

I vaguely became aware of someone else in the room.

“Fuck, Justin. Wake up. It’s too late to get a new singer,” I heard Josh moaning to himself. My eyes flickered over to him, slumped over in the chair beside me, head in hands.

“Asshole,” I coughed out. He jumped in surprise, turning to me.

“Justin- what did you say?” I coughed again, pulling the tubes out of my mouth and nose.

“You bastard.” Another cough. My voice was still raspy. “You were going to replace me.” His face broke into a grin and he shook his head.

“Guys!” he called, running to the door to retrieve the rest of my bandmates.

I tried sitting up straight, but it hurt a lot, so I just stayed how I was. Josh came back in, followed by Jesse, Matt, and Tony. We were silent for a little while.

Their faces revealed mixed feelings of relief, fear, happiness, and worry.

“Who died?” I joked, breaking the silence. They all rolled their eyes at my lame joke.

“You almost did, dumbass,” Josh informed me.

“You were in a fucking coma for like three days,” Tony added, shaking his head at me.

“I was?” I asked blankly. They all nodded solemnly. I closed my eyes, trying to piece everything together. How long had I been with Angelica?

“I’m so sorry, guys,” I apologized. “I can’t believe I fucked up again, I-”

“Justin,” Jesse interrupted solemnly. “It’s okay.”

“Just don’t do it again,” Matt added with a shaky laugh. We fell silent yet again.

“Is Toni here?” I asked suddenly. They all glanced at each other.

“She went home to sleep for a few hours,” Josh answered. “We can call her for you. And Beth, too.”

“Please?” I asked gratefully, sounding like a little kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is one of my favorites, so I will update quite soon. And also:

Oh. My. God. My neighbor is a fucking psychopath. I fear for my life at times. Does screaming at your roommate for no reason, arguing with your boyfriend in the hallway, singing in high-pitched voices, and making monkey(?) noises qualify you for the mental institution? Because I will gladly send this girl for some help... I mean, I like acting stupid with my friends as well, but there’s a fine line between stupid-funny and insanity. *inhale*exhale* Venting time is over, thanks for reading, comments are sweet.

P.S. to Dorkosaur: I had more to say this time, thank you for forgiving me. : ) haha