Even If It Kills Me

We Are Not Watching This

I sighed impatiently, following Angelica through the empty streets of my neighborhood.

“I think you’ll like this a little better,” she stated, giving me a half smile before we entered a building.

“Hey, we’re called Motion City Soundtrack,” I heard Josh’s voice, coming from inside a room. We stepped inside. I grinned. It was me and Josh at our first ‘show.’

Wow, is that what I looked like with short hair?

“So imagine this as more electric…and better,” my short-hair self added, motioning to his and Josh’s acoustic guitars. They began playing.

“Oh, God,” I murmured, wincing. “We sounded like shit. I mean, we still sound like shit, but better shit, you know?” I asked out loud, not really expecting her to answer.

She was smiling for some reason. We watched me and Josh play for a few more minutes.

“Okay, we’ve got to get going,” she announced, tugging at my arm.

“Already?” I asked, not wanting to leave quite yet, for some reason.

“Remember this?” Angelica asked me, snapping her fingers. I blinked; we were in my apartment now. How does she do that?

My passing thought was interrupted by muffled laughter and fumbling at the door.

My lips curved up in an involuntary smile at the memory.

I watched as Antonia and I stumbled inside, practically glued together at the lips.

Then my heart stopped.

I suddenly remembered what came after this and I paled at the thought.

“Alright, let’s go now,” I told Angelica desperately, noting that Toni and I were still going at it and it was only a matter of time before things got even more rated-R. Angelica looked amused by my nervousness and fidgeting.

“Justin, it’s nothing to be embarrassed about,” she smirked teasingly. “It’s perfectly natural for people that love each other to-”

“We are not watching this,” I stated, noticing my voice pitching higher and more frantic as my face turned beet red. She laughed before snapping her fingers again.

Then we weren’t in my apartment anymore.

“What are you? The fucking ghost of Christmas past?” I demanded, my face still hot.

“I wish you could see the look on your face right now,” she said, shaking her head as she laughed at me. “Classic.”

“That wasn’t funny,” I mumbled, face heating up again.

“Right. Sorry,” she said, not looking sorry at all. “Well, let’s go, we still have some things to see.” I sighed, but followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wrote a poem…again. A song, actually. Hmm, the second one this past few weeks. I must be easily inspired by assholes... Anyways, if you’re interested, it’s called:
I Laughed When My Friends Called You a Man-Whore

But yeah, comments on that or this story will make me love you. Which is cool, considering you can’t buy my love with money, but with comments…or chocolate. Whatever’s easier for you. ; )

…I’m sorry I’m weird.