Take Me. I'm Never Gonna Let You Fall.

I'm just a face for every picture.

“Are you sure this is such a good idea?” Rian asked softly as we seat around the kitchen table. Today, we wouldn’t be talking of the past for the book. Today, it was just catching up. Since everything had happened, the four of us hadn’t really spent time together as a family. Rian moved to Miami shortly after, and Zack moved all the way to Denver. They always called, but it just wasn’t the same. I was lucky that Jack sold his house in Los Angeles to be close to me. He had been my rock through the whole ordeal.

I couldn’t help but narrow my eyes at Rian. I didn’t want to be angry with him. I honestly didn’t. But this had been something I had been bottling up for some time now. I felt abandoned by him. When the tough times began, he left me hanging, to deal with it mostly by myself. And now he wanted to question my judgment?

Having caught the look in my eyes, Jack reached over and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I think she’s doing what she thinks is best. Just leave it, okay? We’re here to support her, not make her second guess herself,” Jack said quietly.

Daniella, having felt the slight tension in the air, stood and left, giving us a little privacy. Rian stared down at his coffee mug for a second, before raising his eyes towards me. “I’m sorry. And not just about me being an ass just now. About everything. I know you’re probably angry at me. Hell, I would be too. I left you here alone when I should’ve been at your side,” he said, his voice shaking. “But I just couldn’t be here anymore. This town…Surely you understand?”

I did. But I had to come back, regardless of how I felt about Maryland. This was our home. It was everything to Alex, and I couldn’t just leave it. Before I could respond, Zack laid his head on my shoulder. “I’m sorry too. I did the same thing, for the same reasons. If Alex knew…”

I cut him off, shaking my head. “He would’ve understood. Don’t talk like that,” I said, my throat thick. Tears were brimming in my eyes as I looked at the three men around me. They were my everything now. They were all I had left of the happiness I had once felt. The memories we had together took up so much of my life. But that reminder…Looking at them, I could see parts of Alex. Especially in Jack. They had been so close, especially after Henry…

My fingers were pressed tightly around my coffee cup. Tears drifted down my cheeks, dripping off my chin onto the table. Zack wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me and my chair closer. Rian stood up from his other side and put his muscular arms around my neck, pressing his face into my hair. Jack placed one of his large hands on my face and pulled my cheek against his. I could tell that he hadn’t shaved in a few days. His facial hair rubbed my skin, making it itch, but I didn’t push him away.

This was all that was left of All Time Low. Just a broken shell of the star they had once been. We were all in our thirties, and completely devastated by the life that had been handed to us. It had been good while it lasted. Hell, we had changed lives. We were inspiring, and good role-models. And now…we were pretty much nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that it's super short. But, I have been getting comments on this story even while it's on Hiatus. So I went through and revamped the layout (I personally like it!). After that, I got my muse back for this story. It has always been my favorite, and it means a lot to me. It's the most emotional, and secretive, one I've ever written.

So. In celebration of me returning to it, I would love a buttload of comments. I would also like to hear what you guys think happened with Alex and Henry. xD