Overdressed and Underage

Chapter 10

Love is a hard word to describe. How does a writer or a poet know how to sum up the feeling and sensation of love, it's impossible. Shakespeare apparently had a pretty good idea, but I'm not into the whole Romeo and Juliet thing. It's a bit, well not me. I believe that you should do anything for the one you love yeah, but I wouldn't kill myself. It just proves that people need to make sure that they know the full truth before they blow up and do something they regret. I can understand why Romeo is counted as one of the greatest romantic heroes of all time but still he killed himself over a girl he knew for a week. I mean I thought murder was the ultimate crime of passion. Not suicide. Yeah, Romeo doesn't kick it for me

"I can't believe it," Jack said. "How did this happen?" We were sat in my garden, we were waiting for the other two to show up so we could start practise.

"Well, Jack when two people love each other very much they-"

"I know how it happened Alex but like, I thought you were careful dude!"

"We were like every time, but there was this one time when we were on the beach and we thought nothing of it! But now, I don't know, God we were so stupid," I said, putting my head in the palms of my hands.

"It's not like you planned it to happen Alex, it was an accident,"

"But I think it was meant to—"

"ALEX GASKARTH YOU FUCKING DOUCHE!" I turned around and saw Vicky coming towards us, pulling Kaytee by her arm, Jack and I stood up.

"What?"

"YOU GOT MY SISTER PREGNANT? YOU FUCKING IDIOT! GOD ALEX, RUIN YOUR OWN LIFE BY ALL MEANS BUT NOT MY SISTERS!"

"Victoria shut the hell up the neighbours will hear!" Kaytee said to her sister.

"No Kay! He's ruining your life! You're too young to have a baby!"

"Vicky, they're old enough—"

"Shut the hell up Barakat, this is my baby sister."

"Here us out" Kaytee said.

"We didn't mean for this to happen, it was an accident, but I'm going to be there for your sister every step of the way,"

"And we've worked it out, even though he has the band, we're still going to be a family."

"What about when he's on tour Kay? What's he going to do? Take you and the baby along?"

"We haven't talked about it yet," Kaytee said, "But he'll be there for me,"

"Do you know why? Because he expects you to wait for him! Spend months at home holding the damn baby while he's off fucking groupies and having a good time,"

"Hey! I resent that remark! I have never cheated on—" Vicky's fist collided with my jaw.

"Alex!" Kaytee said, she took my face in her hands. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I whispered. She kissed me on the cheek.

"Jack could you go get some ice please?" she asked, he nodded and went inside.

"Are you insane Victoria? You could have broken his jaw!"

"I'm fine Kay,"

"No Alex, Vicky. You're my sister and I love you but you cannot just punch him! I know you're
upset, but it's me that has to deal with all this shit not you. I'm going to go get Jack; I'll be right back," she went inside and I sat back down.

"I'm sorry for punching you," Vicky said sitting in the chair next to me. "But it's my little sister
Alex; can you understand why I'm upset?"

"Yeah but I can do this, look, before this happened, I was thinking some stuff over and," I ran a hand through my hair, "I was going to ask her to marry me, but now if I do it, she might think that I was just doing it for the baby,"

"Your serious about this aren't you?" she said.

"I have a ring upstairs and everything but like I can't do it now,"

"Why not Alex? She loves you; I mean yeah I've got doubts about the two of you since you're only 18 but I trust you with her,"

"Thanks,"

"This doesn't mean I like you Gaskarth,"

"I know," I said smiling.

"I've got to go, but I'll be round later with something for you, but you have to show me that ring, so I know it's worthy for an Owens ok?"

"Okay sure, bye," I said as she walked off.

I heard Kaytee shouting at Jack from the house, so I stood up and went inside. Kaytee was stood, hair wet and stuck to her face, her whole body shaking and sopping wet. Jack was stood above her with a bucket of water.

"What the hell?"

"He dumped a bucket of ice cold water over me!" Kaytee said.

"She called me fat!" Jack said.

"You sat on me! And you weigh a ton!"

"You kicked me in the shin!"

"Wait you sat on her?!" I said.

"He sat on my legs Alex don't panic!"

"How on earth did me sit on your legs?"

"Well..."

"I don't want to hear this do I?"

"Nope," Jack said, shaking his head and laughing.

"Hey guys! Woah, what is going on in here?" Zack asked as he came through the back door,
looking from Jack to Kaytee to me.

"You don't want to know brah," Jack said, "Where's Rian?"

"On his way, I think, he said he was anyway."

"Alex, do I still have some stuff here?" Kaytee asked.

"It's in the drawer where it normally is," I said, she nodded, kissed me on the cheek, shot Jack a death stare then left the room to go and get changed. Zack looked at us all.

"Is she ok? She looks a little tense? Don't tell her I asked this but has she gained weight?" Zack asked, I looked at Jack and smirked. Jack looked away, biting his lip as she did so.

"I don't think she has, but then I wouldn't ask her dude,"

"So, when are you planning on proposing?" Zack asked as she sat down. Jack's head
snapped to me.

"What? And you didn't tell me this? Your oldest friend? What else are you keeping from me?!"

"Nothing Jack! God. Look, it's something I was thinking of doing, but I probably won't anymore ok."

"Fine, I'll drop it!" he said.

"So, there's a party tonight," Rian said as he came in.

"I can't go," Kaytee said as she came into the room.

"Why?" Zack asked.

"I have other stuff to do," She's pregnant.

"Get out of it," Zack said. "You normally do," No, she can't.

"I can't go Zack," she said, through her teeth.

"A party isn't a party without one of the Owens sisters!"

"THEN GET MY FUCKING SISTER!" She said, storming out of my house.

"Well done Zack," Jack said. "I'll go find her," then he said quieter to me "you have something to tell these two," then he jogged out of the house shouting for Kaytee.

"What do you need to tell us Alex?" Rian asked.

"How serious is it?" Zack asked. "Is everyone ok?"

"Everyone's fine. Me and Kay are in a bit of trouble,"

"Like how much?" Rian asked.

"Like 9 months and a lifetimes worth of trouble,"

"She's pregnant!" Zack hissed.

"Yeah, and we're going through with it," I said.

"But this is huge! Your life..." Zack said

"I know, but we want to do this. We don't want to get rid of something that's apart of us."

"But the band," Rian said.

"Is going to carry on. We're working out what happens when we tour but don't worry. Our
dreams will still be there," they looked a little relieved.

"Is that why you aren't going to propose now? Just in case she thinks it's just because she's pregnant," Zack said.

"Pretty much yeah," I said.

"How much do you guys not tell me? I'm confused!" Rian said. "Tell me everything, why do I not know this? It's because I'm the drummer isn't it!" Zack and I both laughed a little and I leant forward to tell him everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE!

I have an essay on Russia to write for history due wednesdayy :|:|