Overdressed and Underage

Chapter 5

My dad didn't think Alex was right for me. He said Alex would leave me as soon as his band got big, if they ever did. But I knew Alex wouldn't do that to me. There was something between us. Me and him we felt right together. He made me feel good about myself, he made me smile more than anyone ever has before even with the simplest gesture, like a phone call when he'd written a song and he wanted me to hear it. Or a smile from across a class room. Little things that made my heart melt. Little things that made me stand out from all the other girls. Alex Gaskarth was mine. No amount of girls who claimed to be in love with him would change that. He was mine and I was his. It was as simple as that.

Alex is different to the last few guys I'd dated. He was always there for me, even when he wasn't physically there. Over the summer, when he was away, he'd call me whenever he could, then just listen to what I'd been doing, just because he 'missed the sound of my voice.' He made me laugh, he made my heart skip beats when he'd play his guitar just for me. He was incredible.

I lay in my bed, curled in a ball when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in," I said, sitting up.

"Kaytee?" Alex said, coming in. I smiled at him. "How are you feeling?"

"Like crap, but I suppose you're supposed to when you're vomiting none stop right?"
He laughed slightly, looking at the floor, then he looked up at me, his face serious.

"Kaytee, I have to tell you something," He said.

"What is it?" .

"You promise you won't puke on me?"

"Not today, but I'll try not to,"

"Kaytee, I..." he ran a hand through his hair and sat on the end of my bed. "I'm an idiot, god, why can't I do this!" He scolded himself, I smirked at him.

"Alex, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, it's just. I. Kaytee I love you," he said quickly.

"What?" I asked, totally surprised, I was not expecting that one.

"I love you. I know this isn't the best time because you're sick but I love you,"

"Alex," I said,

"Kay, just tell me I'm an idiot or that you love me, or something,"

"I love you too Alex." I said, he looked at me and grinned like a Cheshire cat. "But next time, choose sometime else to tell me!"

"I will, I promise. Are you sure you're feeling okay?"

"Actually no, I think I'm going to vomit," I got out of bed and ran to the bathroom, as I was being violently sick, I felt somebody holding my hair back and patting my back. Alex. I leant against the bathroom wall. Alex slid down beside me. He put his arm around me and I leant my head against his shoulder.

"You should be at school," I said to him.

"So should the guys but they're all downstairs, sweet talking your mom," Alex said laughing.

"That's not good; you should really be at school!"

"Kay, it doesn't matter now, okay, we have our record deal," he said, stroking my hair.

"Okay," I said yawning.

"Come on, you look like you could use some sleep," he said, I just nodded. He lifted me up, which I was surprised he could do, he wasn't exactly the strongest person ever, and took me into my room; he set me down carefully on my bed. Pulling my covers over me.

"Alex, stay with me," I muttered. He kissed my head.

"I will. I'll just be one second," he said, leaving my room. I lay looking at the ceiling. He loved me. Alexander William Gaskarth loved me. I looked up as my door opened.

"Hey," Alex said. "I told the guys to come back later,"

"Just you and me time?" I asked.

"Yeah, something we haven't had in a few weeks," he smiled, and lay down next to me.

"Damn school," I said, cuddling into him. "I've missed this,"

"I've been meaning to ask you," he said, "spring break and summer,"

"What about them?"

"I know you might want to spend it with your family, but I think we're going touring and recording our EP and I wanted to know if you wanted to come with us,"

"I'd love to," I said into his chest.

"Now come on, you get some sleep, I'll be right here when you wake up I promise," he said, kissing my head again. I nodded and closed my eyes.

I woke up to Alex sat up strumming his guitar.

"Morning sleeping beauty," he said, "how you feeling?"

"A lot better thanks. What time is it?"

"It's around 8oclock."

"Oh, when did you get that?"

"Before, I had to make it home before my mom, so it looked like I'd been in school all day; I picked this up then came here,"

"Oh,"

"You've missed everyone; they all came to see how you were. Morgan looked ready to kill me, I was scared."

"Was my dad okay with you being here?"

"Yeah, surprisingly enough," he said, putting his guitar down.

"He was probably just happy that you were looking after me. What were you singing?"

"Just a new song I was writing,"

"Can I hear it?"

"Not yet, maybe when it's finished," he said, smiling."Do you want something to eat? Your
moms kept you something,"

"So you've already eaten?"

"I ate in here, just in case you woke up and you wanted some,"

"You're so sweet," I said, giggling slightly, "let me just go brush my teeth," He went to get up. "I'm not going to be sick again, I feel fine, I'll be right back,"

I got another pair of pyjamas from my drawer and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, redid my hair and got changed, then I went back into my room and sat next to Alex on my bed.

"Did you do something to your hair?" Alex asked, smiling. I laughed and kissed him.

"Alex?" I heard my dad ask through the door, I broke away from him and sat on my bed.

"Come in daddy, I'm awake," I said, my dad opened the door and came in.

"You look a lot better now princess," he said. "Alex your moms on the phone, she wants to know if you were staying here tonight,"

"I better go take that," he said, kissing me on the head. He got up and left the room.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better. I'm glad Alex made me sleep," I said smiling.

"I'm glad he's looking after you, now come on, your mom's left you some dinner in the oven, and you need to eat,"

"Okay daddy," I got off the bed and went downstairs .
♠ ♠ ♠
Only updating this again because I have so much written up.

Last update of the dayy!!

comment/subscribe and i will love you x