Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Sincere Apology

Troy spins around, grabs both my wrists and backs me up against a wall. He pins one hand over my head and the other, the one with the skillet, over to the side.

I drop the skillet, thankful that it didn't hit my foot, but I am a little busy thinking of something else. Troy's angry look.

That and the fact he’s two inches from my face and that it’s only me and him in the house for the next hour or two. They’ll never find the body.

“Why do you hate me so much?” He hisses at me, his grey eyes burn like molten silver, and stare intently at my brown ones.

“Why do I ha--?!? Maybe I don’t hate you. Maybe you hate me!” I fight back against his grip, and he falters.

I push off the wall and turn to grab the skillet. I bend over and just about grab the handle when two strong arms wrap around my middle and jerk me away, turning me to face the other direction.

“Do you really think that?” He says as he picks up the pan.

His voice is softer than before. He sets the pan on the stove and braces himself against it. He looks so… broken.

I take one step to him and I reach my hand out to place on his shoulder. He looks at me from the corner of his eye; actually, it's more of a glare.

I stop and lower my hand. I turn on my heels and run out of the kitchen. Run out of the back door and out of the backyard. I slam the red door behind me and bolt through the woods.

My woods

I collapse in a small clearing I found a week ago. I trail my fingers in the water of a small stream that goes along in the woods. I look up at the clouds, finding shapes. I start to drift off, sleep pulling heavy on my eye lids. I fight it, but only for a little bit.

I wake a little later, remember a weird dream about a wolf. The sky is getting darker and I worry about another thunder storm.

“Forgive me, please.”

I sit up straight and sharp, looking across the clearing. Troy stands sheepishly against a tree. I look at him and give a little half smile.

What?!? I’m a sucker for a sincere apology.

He walks over to me and offers his hand. I grab it and he pulls me up. We walk back to the house, but I stop him at the back door.

“I forgive you, if...” He tenses at the possiblity of some crazy thing, “If...you forgive me, too.”

He smirks and opens the door. I follow him into the kitchen, and we start to make the quesadillas. I think he forgives me, but I'm never sure with this guy.

I hear the lock slide open on the front door. I know it's Father, as I lean backwards to see. Of course, me being me, I lose my balance, trying to keep my feet in one place and lean back at the same time.

Once more I feel strong arms wrap around my waist. I look up at Troy holding me in a stance that could look like the dip that they have in dancing. He looks down at me and smiles.

I widen my eyes. He has an absolutely, amazingly gorgeous smile. His eyes even sparkle a little since the smile is sincere.

"I forgive you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, they just magically start getting along once they realize they don't hate each other.

~Love, AMBER~
XD