Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Freight Train

I pull the covers over my face. The morning sun shines mercilessly into my eyes. It's Thursday, I think. It's also the third day of school. Hopefully nothing bad happens today.

"Katherine, get out of bed," Father yells from the door. "NOW!"

"Okay, okay, I'm up. I promise." I whisper the words to myself, as I put my feet on the floor.

I stumble into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair and other such hygienic things. I mean really do you want to hear about what I do in the bathroom? I don't think so.

I go downstairs and it's surprisingly empty. Mother went to school and Troy went home last night. I was starting to wonder he he'd started living here.

We might not have parted in good terms last night. But I'm not sure we were ever on good terms to start with, even with the whole apology thing.

After the dip, my father walked in with one of those 'Father-y" looks. Troy dropped me, and I fell hard on the floor. My father looked really unhappy after that, and after we had finished our food, Troy got a quick ride home.

I smirk at the thought of Father shoving Troy out of the moving car, as I put my dirty dishes in the sink. I pull on my jacket and shift my messenger bag around, and head out the door.

I wish this town had buses. Or maybe tractors that comes and goes on a time schedule. I giggle as I drag my sorry self up the stairs and into the building.

I am so not happy with all the crazy looks from everyone. And I mean everyone. I think the people who were there yesterday, told all the other people about what happened.

I HATE small towns!

Everywhere I turn someone gets all buggy eyed or points and whispers to their friend or something similar. I'm so sick of it, I just want to turn around and walk straight home and die under a rock somewhere. A really big and heavy rock.

I walk up to my locker and start to turn the dial. The people next to me, two freshies, boy and girl, and a sophomore girl, look at me with wide eyes and start giggling like there's no tomorrow.

It doesn't help that my locker is acting like poop. I smack it with my hand and still it doesn't open. I hear footsteps coming from the gigglers, so I shift my eyes in that direction.

I see one of the freshmen coming my way, flanked by his two friends. I narrow my eyes as he leans against the lockers smirking up at me.

"So I heard you had boyfriend problems yesterday,” He says, gaining confidence by the two girls at his sides.

I think better of answering and simply kick my locker in frustration. It only gains me a hurt foot. More laughs for the three underclassmen, too. The boy continues talking to me, enjoying the discomfort I'm in.

"I know you're the new girl. What did you do before this, New Girl?"

The three burst out in full fits of laughter, and my eyes roll. I bite my bottom lip, I won't let them provoke me; I refuse to let them win.

I just keep messing with my locker, hating it with the passionate flame of a thousand suns. The boy freshman straightens from laughing and turns to me, ready for round three.

"And one more t-t-thing--" He starts stuttering and looks up behind me, fear penetrating into his expression.

I feel an arm wrap around my waist. I know exactly who it is, and I'm actually glad to have him here this time.

"No, I think you're done," His low rumbling voice sounds so much like a growl. I turn my head up to look at his grey eyes,

"Now get out of here. If you know what's good for you, scram."

The giggles disappear and the three of them all scurry away, almost running to get away.I close my eyes and lean my back gently against my locker as the arm uncoils from around my waist.

I open my eyes and jerk back. Troy is standing in front of me, leaning forward with one arm resting over my head on the locker. Unfortunately, since my head is against the locker, I bang it when I jerk back.

"You are so..." Troy says softly, "accident prone."

"Well I wasn't before I moved here." I reply, somewhat comfortable with his closeness, sorta, "I was almost 'agile' before I came to this little town."

"Hmm. I think that's a lie." He says to me, "You would trip and fall into my arms, no matter what town your in."

"No, I wou-- Hey!" I realize what he said. "I'm not falling for you."

He smirks and leans closer to me. My eyes widen and I lean my head away, stopped by my locker. My throat catches and my heart beat picks up.

He stops just out of reach, his deep breaths mixing with my shallow ones. I wonder if he can hear my heart beating.

To me it sounds like a stinkin' freight train, trying to escape the confines of my ribcage. He smirks even more, and locks his grey stormy eyes to mine.

"I think you are." He whispers.

He pushes off the lockers and walks down the hall. At the corner he looks back to me, while I just stare after him.

Once his gone, I exhale a sigh I didn't know I was holding, and slide down the locker. I sit on the floor, trying to convince my heart to stop racing. The bell rings, and I stand up.

I look at the locker, then at the one next to it. I try that locker and it opens first try. ARRG I close my locker and start toward class.

People still stare at me, but I have other problems to worry about. Bigger problems, I think to myself as I slide into my deck. I refuse to look at Troy.

I can see him smirking from here.
♠ ♠ ♠
just to be clear. The locker she was fighting with wasn't hers. hers was the one next to it. hee hee
Aren't you glad i didn' hit Troy over the head with an iron skillet
XD
~Love Amber~