Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Falling Trees

The forest springs up around the house and spreads out into the vista. It is cool and green; the colors of the late afternoon sun filter through the leaves of the canopy.

We walk deeper into the woods. We pass a clearing and Troy shields me from going into it. So instead we stay under the cover of the branchs and leaves.

I sit down next to a small stream, dipping one hand in. The wind blows just then, rustling the leave in an ageless song. I close my eyes and breath it in.

My fingers laces with Troy's. I look up at the canopy and smile. Taking a walk was a good idea.

"For now." Troy responds to my thought.

"Why are you so paranoid?" I ask, slightly annoyed.

He turns to face me better at me. His eye flash gold and he looks down at me. I can see he' s concerned and worried.

"Why aren't you paranoid?" He almost growls at me. "Are you crazy? This was a bad idea. A really bad idea. I mean how can you think it's safe to go stomping around in the wood when you have a Fallen angel coming after you?"

I look down, suddenly ashamed. You're right... This was stupid. Let's go back. I look over my shoulder, back at the house.

Troy sighs and gently takes my chin, forcing me to look at him. His eyes are a molten silver with flecks of gold simmering on the outer edge.

"Kate." His says my name softly, "I just want you safe."

He leans in a gently kisses me on the forehead and helps me to my feet. As we walk he snakes an arm around my waist and holds me close.

Troy looks up at the canopy and closes his eye, taking in a deep breath. When his eyes open, the gold is starting to take over.

"It's going to rain." His voice is low.

The wind picks up even more as we head back. Soon it is a persistant gale, tossing my hair around my face.

Then the rain starts to fall. It isn't hard rain or thick, like the last time me and Troy were in the woods. But the light drizzle mixed with heavy driving wind isn't really a picnic ethier.

Crrrrrrrrack...

I look up over head and freeze.

A large dead tree branch falls towards me. Cracking through other branches and flatting leaves, causing the trees to shaking under the weight and movement.

Troy gives me a shove, pushing out of the way. I land hard on my hands and knees. A sickening crunching sound overpowers the wind, then the soft piddle of the smaller branches hitting the ground.

I don't turn around. Just get my breath and look at the wet leaves under my hands.

The rain picks up and the wind becomes softer. The thicker rain droplets make a hollow sound as they hit the large tree branch behind me. Other then that I hear no noise.

Not even breathing. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah it's short. and a really bad cliff hanger. But just so we're clear, a huge tree branch broke off of the tree and crashed down through the canopy of the forest. And Troy pushed Kate out of the way and she hasn't turned around yet.

~LOVEAMBER~
XD

p.s.
did u see the new story?

Daemonophobia