Status: Hiatus

Memories Won't Let Me Cry

Twenty-Six

I stumbled down the stairs the next morning, running my fingers through my hair. I adjusted the Slayer tee shirt that I stole from Matt's suitcase, throwing it on before stepping into a pair of jean shorts. I heard some laughter from the kitchen and was about to go in there when I saw Matt in the front, sitting on a lawn chair.

I stepped into my flip-flops, which were by the door, and stepped out into the hot sunshine.

Matt was there, and Brian was sitting beside him with Memphis perched on his lap. They were all talking quietly and I was about to go back inside, not wanting to interrupt, when Memphis called my name.

I turned back around and started to go closer, smiling as they all turned to watch me. Memphis got off of Brian's lap and came over to hug me tightly.

"I'm sorry for losing it on all of you yesterday." She whispered and I shook my head as I hugged her back.

"Don't be sorry, it's okay. Are you okay?"

She nodded and pulled away to smile at me. "Yeah. Brian stayed with me last night and we talked this morning. I'm okay…well, I will be okay."

I smiled a little and pushed some hair away from her face. "Well, as long as you talk to us. I'm here for you, all the time, and I hope you know that."

She nodded. "I do." She took a deep breath before frowning and whispered, "Are you feeling okay?"

I glanced at the guys, but they were in their own discussion so I nodded, "Yeah, I feel alright for now. I still don't know."

"When we're back in the city, we should get a test."

I nodded and laughed when Brian shouted, "No whispering!"

Memphis rolled her eyes at me before going to sit on his lap again, resting her arm around his shoulder.

"A little early for the juice, don't you think, baby?" I asked Matt as I stood beside him, nodding at the beer he had in his hand.

"That's why it's a vacation, babe." He winked and handed me the bottle. "You want some?"

I shook my head and patted his shoulder. "No, thanks. Too early for me."

He nodded and put the half-empty bottle on the ground before pulling me down to sit in his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"How long are we staying here for, guys?" Memphis asked.

"I don't know. Maybe a week or something." Brian said with a shrug.

I nodded and sighed, tilting my head to the side and closing my eyes as I listened to them talk, but not really paying attention to their words.

"You should go eat something." Matt said suddenly and I opened my eyes to look down at him in confusion.

"What?"

"You haven't eaten anything in a couple days, Lyndsey." He said, and I just knew he was narrowing his eyes at me behind his aviators.

"Yes, please, go eat." Brian shouted from across from me. "You look almost unhealthy."

I looked to Memphis with shock. "Are you listening to this?"

She was chuckling even as she said, "Yeah, but I have to agree with them, Lynds. You've lost too much weight in the past few weeks. You need to take better care of yourself."

I heard the hidden meaning behind her words and nodded.

"Fine. I'll be back." I kissed Matt before hopping off his lap and going to run into the cabin.

"Jimmy!" I screamed out his name and he came running out of the kitchen, his grin making me smile.

"Yes, my lady?"

I skipped over to him and kissed his cheek before taking his hand and pulling him back into the kitchen with me.

"What are you doing?" Johnny asked with a chuckle and I smiled before hopping onto the counter.

"Jimster, make me a sandwich."