Status: Hiatus

Memories Won't Let Me Cry

Twenty-Eight

Lyndsey's POV

"Can we just…stay here forever?" I asked with a sigh, my eyes closed as I lay beneath the hot afternoon sun.

"And do what?" Matt chuckled. "Be lazy-asses and do nothing? No touring, no record making, o family, friends, restaurants, shoe stores-"

"You've made your point, Matt." I replied grumpily and he laughed.

"I knew I'd get you with the shoes."

"Don't forget purses." I added, opening my eyes to nod at him and he rolled his eyes.

"I love it here, too, Lynds, but we do need to go back soon." He said, ignoring the way I groaned in protest. "We have to finish the album so we can get back out on the road."

I sighed and shifted as I lay on the towel that covered the sand and Matt rested on his stomach beside me, holding himself up on his elbows.

"I know. And speaking of the album, I have it on good authority that there are a couple songs that you're anxious for me to hear."

He pulled his sunglasses down his nose to look at me with a smirk. "Oh, really? And who told you this?"

I shrugged one shoulder. "Don't know."

He huffed out a laugh. "It was Brian, wasn't it? That little fucker can never keep anything from you."

I laughed and took his glasses off completely, tossing them beside me as I ran my fingers through his slightly tousled Mohawk.

"Well, I'm excited to hear them." I admitted and he smiled before leaning down to kiss me.

"Hey!" Brian shouted from the water. "Take that shit inside!"

Matt pulled away to scream, "Fuck off, Haner!" before turning back to kiss me again.

I pulled away after a few seconds when my stomach lurched and I sat up immediately, taking a few deep breaths to keep the sickness at bay.

"Hey." Matt said softly, sitting up to run the backs of his fingers gently down my cheek. "What is it?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I just…felt dizzy there for a second."

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. "You're not getting sick again, are you?"

I shook my head with a smile, feeling suddenly better. "No, no, I'm fine. It's just the heat."

He looked like he didn't believe me. "Are you sure?"

I nodded and kissed him. "I'm going in for some water."

"Okay." He nodded and watched me as I stood up, fixing my bikini bottoms. "Maybe you should eat something, too."

I smiled and nodded, but inside I was groaning. Everyone was so obsessed with making me eat and sooner or later, I was going to look like a whale.

Stepping into my flip-flops, I took off for the cabin, waving as the guys whistled when I walked by.

The cabin was blissfully cool inside, and I said a silent thank you for air conditioning as I went into the kitchen and pulled a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"You okay?" Memphis asked and I smiled, knowing that she would have followed me in here.

"Yeah, it's just too hot out there."

"Matt said you were dizzy or something." She said, leaning against the counter across from me.

"No, not anymore."

I took another sip of water before I boosted myself onto the counter, letting my legs swing as I watched her watching me.

We both burst into laughter minutes later and she reached behind her for an apple.

"So things with you and Brian are good, huh?" I asked with a smirk, remembering the reaction Matt and I had when we walked in on them getting rather friendly that morning.

She grinned. "You bet your ass they are."

I laughed. "I'm happy for you guys, I really am. I haven't seen Brian this happy in…" I blew out a breath and shook my head. "Well, since I met him."

She nodded. "I haven’t been this happy in a long time either." She paused before getting more serious. ""So, I've been thinking about when we can go-"

"I better not be interrupting one of your girly-girl talks and if I am, I don't really care." Johnny announced carelessly as he walked through the kitchen and when he passed me I kicked him in the ass.

"Thanks for the warning, Christ." Memphis said smartly and he saluted her.

"So Katie's really nice." I said.

"Isn't she?" He said with a grin, opening the fridge. "She is just so-holy hell."

"What?" Mems and I asked together.

"We're running out of beer." He said sorrowfully.

I looked at Memphis with a hopeful expression and she hid her grin as she poked her head into the fridge to take a look.

"Oh, really? Oh, yeah, and we could use some more bottles of water."

She glanced at me and I took this opportunity to clear my throat and say thoughtfully, "Hey, Mems, didn't you say there was a store just down the road or something?"

"Mmm…" She pretended to think about it, and I held back laughter. "Yeah, I think so. Yeah, there's one just down the road, a few miles from here. Remember, Johnny?"

He looked at her blankly when she prodded him and said, "Huh?"

Rolling her eyes, Memphis nodded to me. "Lynds and I will go for a beer run."

I was jumping off the counter when Johnny stopped us.

"Hold on, you might want to get some more of Zacky's JD, and some Vodka for Brian."

"Matt's good with his beer, and so is Jimmy." Memphis said ad I nodded.

"And I want…chips." Johnny grinned. "Whatever kind of chips you can get, that's what I want."

Laughing, Mems said she'd meet me outside so I could run up and throw on some clothes.

My heart was already pounding in nervousness as I pulled on some jean shorts over my bikini bottoms, and pulled a white tank over my bikini top. I put on my flip-flops again, grabbed my sunglasses and purse and practically raced down the steps to meet Memphis outside.

She was already there, in a jean skirt and black halter, and was telling the guys we planned on leaving.

"What do you need to go for?" He asked in a whiny voice.

"Because the beer's almost gone." She said simply and all the guys, minus Johnny, gasped.

"For serious?" Zacky asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Zacky, for serious." She smiled at me. "You ready to go, babe?"

I nodded back, feeling my boyfriend's eyes on me.

"Maybe one of us should-"

"No." I said, almost too quickly, and patted his shoulder. "No, because we won't be gone that long."

"Yeah, Mattie, the store's just down the road that way." Memphis assured him, waving her arm in some direction. "I know how to get there and how to get back. Don't worry, big brother, I'll have her back before nine."

He flipped her off.

"Anything else you guys want?" I asked as she and I started walking away.

"Chips."

"I heard you the first time, Johnny."

"Ice cream!" Corie, Katie and Josceline shouted at the same time.

"Oh, that sounds good." I murmured and Memphis laughed at me, grabbing my hand and tugging me along beside her down the road.