Something Better

Chapter 10

Image

Alyssa’s P.O.V.

“Kristen, are you pregnant?” I asked.

She immediately froze in her seat as her eyes widened. Was she keeping something from me?

“Kristen…” I said after nothing came out of her mouth.

She turned to me. Only her head seemed to move. Her eyes were still wide with fear. “I think you’re right.”

What?! I am so confused right now.

“You mean to tell me that you’re not sure if you’re pregnant or not?” I looked over at her as I stopped at a red light. She just shook her head.

“Well then. I guess we’ll just have to find out.” I did a u-turn back towards the city to find the nearest CVS.

“Wait, what are you doing?” Kristen asked, her attention now on the road in front of us.

“I’m going to buy you a few pregnancy tests to find out for sure if you’re going to end up like me.” Finally! I won’t be the only land whale! Maybe…

“Wait, but what if I am pregnant? What will my parents say? What will Kevin say? What if he breaks up with me? What if my parents throw me out of the house-“

“Kristen!” I yelled pulling into the CVS parking lot. Poor girl is going through the same thing I went through.

“But seriously Alyssa, what’s going to happen? I don’t want to be disowned by everyone.” I gave her a look as if saying, “You’re such a moron!”

“I highly doubt anyone is going to disown you, Kristen. And it’s better finding out now then waking up one morning with a belly.”

She looked out into space as if she was thinking. After a moment or two, she sighed and her eyes landed on the building in front of us. “I guess you’re right.”

I reached over and gave her hand a comforting squeeze. “Don’t worry. Kevin is not the type of person to ever leave someone for something like this. And you always have me.” She looked over at me and I smiled at her. She returned a weak smile.

“Let’s go.” I said. We both got out of the car and headed into the store.

I did happen to receive a few stares from people. Joe and I still haven’t exactly told everyone the fact that I’m pregnant. It’s bound to get out soon. I keep telling him this, but he just keeps brushing it off like dust. It’s really starting to get on my nerves. All I wanted to do then was shout out, “I’m pregnant with Joe Jonas’ child!” But he would practically kill me. So I kept my cool as we made it over to the pregnancy tests.

“Alyssa, you pick. You have more experience then I do.” Kristen said as she bit her lip, looking at all the different types.

I quickly grabbed five different tests, not even bothering to look at the brand, and raced to the bathroom. Yeah, for a fat lady, I can walk fast.

“Wait, shouldn’t we pay for them first?” Kristen asked.

“Who cares? Just get in there.” I shoved the five tests in her arms and pushed her into the bathroom, shutting the door after her. I turned around and crossed my arms over my chest. I chuckled a little bit. I must look like a pregnant body-guard. HA! I would love to see one of those at a Jonas Brothers concert.

5 minutes later.

Ugh, where is this girl? How long does it take to do five pregnancy tests? Seriously. All this weight is bothering my back and… oh shit… I think I have to pee again. Just great. I turned around and started knocking on the bathroom door.

“Kristen, are you done yet?” I heard a few faint sobs coming from inside. My heart beat raced as all these thoughts crowded inside my head.

“Come in.” Came a weak voice, which had to be Kristen’s. I slowly turned the knob and opened the door. There, on the floor, were four positive tests and one negative one, while Kristen was in the corner crying her eyes out.

I hate to say this but…

I’M NO LONGER THE ONLY LAND WHALE!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Again people, I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. This one would have actually been out last night, but my computer just shut down for no reason and I couldn't get in on. Also, things have been really buy with school and everything. All of last week I had tests because the marking period was ending. So like, every night I had to study for a few tests.
Here's another chapter!!!! Hope you like it!!!!

P.S. This lovely banner is made by the one and only lastsongyou'llsing. Thank you so much again for the banner!!

Anyway, comments and banners!! Thank you!!

:)