Something Better

Chapter 9

Kristen’s P.O.V.

“Kristen! Kristen! Come here!” I heard Alyssa scream my name. We were currently at a wedding store looking for dresses. I found a few that I liked, but something just stood out in each one that bothered me. So far, I haven’t tried any on.

“Oh, you’re right. This one is nice.” I took the dress from Alyssa and examined it.

“You should seriously go try it on. If this were my weeding, that would be my dress.” Alyssa said. A thought went through my head.

“No. I don’t like it. Why don’t you keep it on hold until your wedding?”

Oh shit! I did not just say that. Why can’t I keep my big freaking mouth shut?!

The truth is, I do know that Joe is going to propose to her on that cruise thing… or whatever… he’ll take her on. Kevin told me. And dumb ass me, I wasn’t supposed to tell her!

God, what is wrong with me?! First I ruin Kevin’s proposal, now Joe’s?? I swear, I must be cursed or something.

Alyssa looked at me, confusion filling her face.

“Oh, um… No, no, I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just… I-I would feel guilty if I was wearing someone else’s dream dress. I would rather find a dress that has more ‘me’ written on it than ‘you.’

Yeah, great cover Kristen.

“Oh, okay good. I thought you knew that Joe was going to propose to me or something behind my back.” She laughed.

I just smiled and nodded my head. I knew the redness was going to my cheeks.

Alyssa stopped laughing. She squinted her eyes at me and just nodded, as if she was coming on to me. “You aren’t really keeping something from me. Right?”

Shit.

I didn’t really know what to say, so I did the first thing that came to mind. “Oh, hey! Look at that dress over there.” I pointed to the other side of the store, trying to get out of this uncomfortable situation. I don’t even know what I was pointing at. My finger just sort of went wherever.

Alyssa looked to where I was pointing. A disgusted look came over her face. “Ew, Kristen you can’t be serious.”

I finally looked over to where my finger was pointing. She was right. As soon as I looked over at the dress, I felt vomit coming up my throat. The dress was a peach color that came to just above your knees. It went straight down, with no curve to it what-so-ever. The top of the dress went straight across as if trying to say, “This dress is for flat-chested women only.” It was also sleeveless, yet not spaghetti strap. You know what I mean? Those straps that are just a bit bigger than strings? Yeah, the dress had ‘vomit’ written all over it.

“Yeah, I know right? That dress makes me want to puke.” I turned to Kristen.

“Tell me about it. Let’s stay over here, where the fashionable dresses are.” We both laughed.

The vomit feeling never left my stomach. Suddenly, my eyes went wide. I felt something inching its way up my throat. “Alyssa, be right back.”

I rushed off before she could even answer to go find a lady’s room. Once I found it, I threw open the door and dumped my whole breakfast into the toilet. It was a one person bathroom. I feel bad for the next person who has to pee.

Once I was sure I was done, I flushed the toilet and went over to the sink. I just stood there and looked into the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot. My hair was frizzy and in a messy bun. And my lips were all puffy from the puking.

Oh, beautiful. This is what Kevin wants to marry?

I heard knocking on the door. “Kristen, are you okay?” It was Alyssa.

“Yeah, be out in a minute.” I called back. I stood staring at myself for a few more seconds, then I splashed some water on my face and walked out.

“Hey, is everything alright? You look pale.” Alyssa put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a concerned look.

“No, not really. Can we just go home?”

“Yeah, of course. Come on. I’ll take you to Kevin.” She put her arm around my shoulder and led me to my car. She opened the passenger side door for me and waited until I got in, then closed it. She went around to the driver’s side and climbed in. She started the car and we were on our way to the Jonas’.

It was pretty much a quiet ride until halfway there, Alyssa spoke. “Kristen, are you pregnant?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter!! Sorry it took a while. I have an idea, but I just don't know how to get there. It sucks.
Anyway, I just realized that I don't have a banner for this story. That makes me really sad. But I'm not going to be mean and say that I won't update until I get a banner, but one would make me really happy. I'm sure you guys want a happy author, right? So remember.
Banners= Happy author!!! There won't be great updates if I don't get a banner. :(
Comments make me happy too!!

:)