Something Better

Chapter 11

Image

Kristen sat in the corner with her head in her arms. Literally. Like, it looked as if she cut off her head and had her arms crossed. Her knees were pulled up to her chest and her arms wrapped around them.

I immediately ran over to Kristen and held her in my arms. “Hey, shhhhh. It’s going to be okay. Please don’t cry. Shhhhh.” I said, trying to calm her down. She was hyperventilating and crying at the same time. Poor thing.

“What am I g-going to d-do?” She sobbed into my chest. Barely. With my huge belly in the way, it’s kind of hard for anyone to reach my chest.

“Everything’s going to be okay, Kristen. Don’t worry.” I said. I would rock her back and forth, but my bladder is about to explode. I don’t think Kristen would appreciate it if I peed all over her. Especially in the state she’s in.

“How do y-you k-know?” She looked up at me, tears spilling freely from her eyes. I looked back down at her, wanting so badly to take all her pain away. But, unfortunately, she’s right. I don’t know. I don’t know if everything’s going to be okay. I don’t know if her parents will kick her out or not. I don’t know if the Jonas’ will disown her or not. I mean, come on. All the boys lost their virginity except Frankie. That’s kind of harsh, don’t you think? Especially since they all made a promise to God.

So I didn’t answer her. I don’t want to lie to her and tell her I know something when I really don’t. She doesn’t deserve to be lied to.

I think she took my hint since she went back to sobbing into my chest. God, I can’t hold it in anymore!

“Kristen, honey, I’m really sorry, but I have to pee really bad. And I don’t want to get my urine all over you, so do you mind waiting in the car? We’ll go strait to Kevin after this. Don’t worry about the tests, they’re on me. And here are your keys.” I pulled her keys out of my pocket and handed them to her.

Surprisingly, Kristen just laughed through her tears and grabbed the keys. “Don’t worry. I understand. We have to get out of here sometime anyway.” She smiled weakly at me before getting up and walking out.

Finally!!

I ran over to the toilet, pulled my pants down, and sat. I sighed as my bladder let itself free.

Once I was done I flushed the toilet and washed my hands. There’s no way in hell I won’t wash my hands in a public bathroom. You couldn’t pay me to do it. Do you know how many germs could be in here?!

I decided to leave the pregnancy tests in the bathroom and only took the empty boxes. It’s too much to carry. That’ll have to be the janitor’s problem, not mine.

I walked over to the check out place and placed all the boxes on the counter. The lady behind the counter gave me a strange look, and then turned her attention to my stomach. Ugh… doesn’t anyone have manners anymore?!

“They’re for a friend.” I sighed. She just started laughing.

“Okay good. I was going to say, you couldn’t already tell?” She laughed again. My eyes narrowed at her as my teeth gritted together. If there wasn’t a counter in the way, this lady would be dead by now.

“Your total is 20.95. Would you like me to throw these out for you?” She pointed to the boxes. I nodded.

Damn. I knew it would be expensive, but damn.

I gave the lady thirty dollars and she handed me back my change.

“Here you go. Have a nice day.” She smiled at me, not showing her teeth. I half smiled and just walked away. I don’t bother being nice to rude people.

I got outside and saw that Kristen was in the passenger seat. She probably still isn’t ready to drive yet. I wouldn’t be either. Right now, I just want to get her to Kevin. Hopefully he can reassure her about this whole thing. Scratch that. I know he will. He’s a really good guy. Unlike Joe, who’s never there…

I got in the car and closed the door. After a few seconds I turned to Kristen. “You know we have to tell Kevin, right?” She looked at me, her eyes still red and puffy.

“Yeah, I want to tell him. He deserves to know.”

I smiled at her. “Good.” Since the keys were already in the ignition, I just put the car into drive. Now, we’re headed off to Kevin’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
This lovely banner was made by lastsongyou'llsing!! She seems to be the only person willing to make me banners. A round of applause for Christine!!!(lastsongyou'llsing)

I know this is a boring chapter, but there will be a second part to it. I was too lazy to write the rest so you guys will get it soon enough. I promise it won't take long to come out. Thanks for reading and commenting!!! I really appreciate it!!

:)