Something Better

Chapter 12

Image

Kristen’s P.O.V.

“Okay thanks.” I smiled to Nick as I practically ran up the steps to Kevin’s room. I jogged down the hall and stopped in front of Kevin’s door. I was about to enter until I heard the strumming of a guitar. He was probably practicing or something.

I didn’t want to intrude, but then again I didn’t want to just leave. I opened up the door a little, since it was only opened just a crack. I stuck my head in as a familiar song flooded my ears.

“You know what I’m going to say before my mouth even makes a sound
And that’s why we make a good you and me.”

That was the song he sand to me when he first told me he loved me. Ever since, it’s been my favorite song. But… why would he be singing it again?

“I know from the sound of your breathing exactly what you are feeling
This is why we make a good you and me.”

I managed to get my whole body through the door without making a sound.

“Make a good you and me
Make a good you and me
You and me.”

I watched quietly as he finished the song. Man, I love him so much. I can’t believe I’m getting married to him.

I remember just when I first started liking him. It was when we were all on tour together with Alyssa. I mean, I was friends with him way before that, but something intrigued me about him when we were on tour. Maybe it was because he got older and became more of a man…

Kevin stopped playing and just sat on his bed. He kept one hand on the guitar and brought the other up to his chin. It looked as if he was thinking. What if he’s having second thoughts about the marriage?

He finally looked over at me and his eyes lit up. He smiled wide and said, “Oh, hey! I didn’t notice you standing there.” He chuckled a little bit.

“Yeah, sorry to disturb you.” I faked a smile.

“No, no. Don’t worry about it. Come, sit down.” He placed his guitar on the floor and patted the space next to him. I slowly walked over and sat down next to him, not even bothering to look at him.

“Is everything alright?” He asked. He was staring at me intently.

Should I tell him?

Of course! He’s your fiancé, why wouldn’t you tell him?

But what if he doesn’t want to marry me anymore?

Oh, just shut up. He loves you and he’ll be there with you throughout the whole thing.

But what if he doesn’t give me the right answer? Then I’ll start crying in front of him, since I’m at an emotional stage right now.

Just tell him!

Kevin sat there, waiting patiently for me to answer. I finally turned to him and looked him straight in the eyes. All I saw in his eyes was love. It’s like he didn’t care about anything else in the world except for me. We loved each other and that’s all that mattered. I knew right then and there that he loved me and that he would never leave me.

“You have to promise you won’t be mad at me.” A look of confusion came over his beautiful face.

“Kristen, how could I be mad at you? That could never happen. I will always love you no matter what.” He took my hand in both of his and stroked it gently. Here goes nothing.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Then I opened them and said, “Kevin… I’m pregnant.”

A faint smile appeared on Kevin’s lips. It was so faint, that you had to really be focusing on him in order to see it. “Why would I be mad at you? It’s not your fault.”

“I know, but… I didn’t know how you were going to react. I didn’t know if you were going to call off the wedding or not.”

The faint smile disappeared on his face. It turned into a look of hurt. “I thought you knew me better than that, Kristen. I thought you knew that no matter what, I could never stop loving you, especially if it’s something that’s not even your fault. I’m really disappointed in you. I don’t care that you’re pregnant. I will love that child just as much as I love you. I’m just very shocked that you thought I would do that to you.” He let go of my hand.

Of course he would never do that to me! Of course he will love the baby with all of his heart! Why on earth would I ever think that he wouldn’t? God, I’m such a loser!

Tears started to fall from my eyes. “I’m sorry Kevin. I know you would love the baby. It’s just… I don’t know. I was going through a hard time, what with the wedding and everything. So much is going on that, I didn’t know what to think. I’m so sorry.” I wasn’t sobbing, but I was crying silently. I was too weak at the moment to sob.

Kevin looked at me, the hurt expression still on his face. Then it softened a little. “It’s okay. I just want you to know that I’m here for you all the way. No backing out. I love you, baby.” The faint smile reappeared on his lips, but a little more noticeable now.

I smiled back. “You know I love you?”

A huge smile replaced the faint one. “Yeah, I love you too.” He grabbed me and held me tight in his arms. I smiled wider and cuddled closer to him.

“We’re going to have a baby!” Kevin said quietly but excitedly. I couldn’t have been happier at that exact moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWESOME BANNER MADE BY lastsongyou'llsing!!!!!!!! This girl is amazing. I love her so much.
Anyway, this chapter was basically just a filler, just so you can know that Kristen finally told Kevin, but the next chapter should be pretty good. All I'm saying is that Joe will be there. SO BE PREPARED!!! Ahaha.

Song: by Plain White T's Listen to their music, it's awesome.

comments and banners are appreciated!

:)