Something Better

Chapter 13

Alyssa’s P.O.V.

Why didn’t I just pull away? Why didn’t I just stop it right then and there when I noticed he was getting closer to me?

I have no idea. But… I was just lonely. I needed someone to hold me. Someone to tell me everything would be alright. Someone to dry my tears.

Unfortunately, Nick was the only one available at that moment. And we just so happened to take advantage of the moment.

After a few minutes ofpassionately kissing Nick, I pulled away and sighed.

“Nick, do you know how wrong this is?” I lifted my eyes from the floor and looked at him. You could tell he was sorry.

“Oh my God. Alyssa, I’m so, so sorry. I-I shouldn’t have done that. It was wrong. We’re not even dating anymore!” He closed his eyes and put his head his head in his hands ad rested his elbows on the counter.

You see? That kiss was completely innocent. It had absolutely no meaning whatsoever. Just a simple mistake.

“Do you regret it?” I asked after a moment of silence.

What?! Come on, you can’t necessarily blame me. The words were itching to come out. I was curious!

Nick lifted his head and rested his chin on his hands. He folded his hands flat so his chin fit on top perfectly. He turned and looked at me. He waited a while before he answered.

“No.”

You think I would’ve stopped it right there? No! Of course not! Why on this blessed earth would I do that?

Instead of doing the right thing and just dropping it, I replied back, “Neither do I.” Well… I really didn’t.

A small smile appeared on his lips, then quickly vanished. “Rachel.” He groaned, closing his eyes.

OH SHIT!

Okay. At least Joe did something to deserve this, but Rachel did absolutely nothing. Poor girl is in college thinking, ‘Oh, nothing is going to happen back home because I trust Nick. Besides, what could my best friend in the entire world, Alyssa, do to ruin mine and Nick’s relationship?’

Oh, dear Lord child, you don’t even know.

“Listen, we should just forget this whole thing ever happened. Rachel doesn’t have to know, Joe doesn’t have to know. It’s just between the two of us.” I said calmly, with a reassuring smile on my face.

“What don’t I have to know?”

Oh my fuck… please don’t tell me…

Nick and I both turned around to see Joe standing in the kitchen doorway with a very confused and hurt expression on his face.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit…

“What are you guys talking about?” He asked walking towards us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter. I know it's not the best... but I owed you guys an update and this is the best I could come up with. Sorry for the delay, but I've been in a pretty shitty mood lately. Anyways, the next chapter should be up soon, but I'm not promising anything.

:)