Something Better

Chapter 16

Joe’s P.O.V.

“Okay then. Are you all set sir?” The lady on the phone asked me.

“Yes. Just make sure that everything is in tip top condition and in the proper order. I can’t have any mess-ups. Am I clear?” I didn’t want to be mean, but I don’t want to be paying the workers to just lounge around all the time.

“Yes sir. Your desire is our demand. Now, would you like to pay debit, credit, or write a check?”

“Um… just put it on credit.”

“Okay sir. Can I have your card numbers please?”

I gave the lady my credit card number. This was the last and final thing I needed to do in order to set up the cruise. I really hope Alyssa will like it. It’s costing me two arms and a leg, so she better like it.

“Thank you, sir. Have a nice day.” The lady said.

“You too. Bye.” I hung up and set the phone down on my desk. I just stood there and looked at Alyssa’s ring in the corner on my desk. Along with the fact that I lost two arms and one leg, that ring cost me a liver and my other leg. I think I’m basically falling apart here.

But it’s all worth it for the love of my life.

“Hey Joe!” I heard someone yell my name from the hallway. My door opened and I turned around to see Kevin standing there with two different bow ties in each hand.

“Which one do you think I should wear tomorrow? The black one,” he held up the black bow tie, “or the white one?” He held up the white bow tie.

“Well, you are going to be wearing a black suit. I would go with the black one.” I said.

“Right. Thanks.” Kevin ran out of my room and back down the hallway.

He has been over his head the past few days. He’s always worried about how he should look and how he should act. Nick and I have been going crazy, but I guess I understand. I mean, he’s getting married tomorrow. That’s a lot to take in.

Next thing I knew, Nick was in my doorway looking a bit distraught. “Joe, Kevin is driving me crazy! He keeps asking me which shoes he should wear!” He said throwing his hands in the air.

I furrowed my brows together. “I thought we just got him new shoes like, two days ago.”

“Yeah, but he’s debating whether or not to go back and exchange them because the other pair of shoes he liked had a shinier heal.” Nick just shook his head.

“You’re joking…” I said.

“Nope. I swear, if you’re like this when you and Alyssa get married, I’m moving to Alaska!”

“Nick I need your help!” Kevin called from his room down the hall.

Nick’s eyes bulged out of his head. “Ugh!” He stomped out of the room and down the hall to Kevin’s room. I chuckled a little.

“If we get married.” I added in a whisper.

I walked over to my bed and sat down. What would happen if Alyssa didn’t accept my proposal? Would I even be able to live with myself? Would I still be alive to live with the fact that she denied me? How would I handle denial?

My thoughts were interrupted when someone yelled, “OH FUCK ME!” I thought it was Kevin, since Nick rarely even swore. Also my parents never swear when Frankie is in the house, so it had to be Kevin.

I got up off my bed and walked to the doorway to see what the entire ruckus was about. I saw Nick running down the stairs yelling, “Fuck me! Fuck me!”

“Nicholas Jonas! Franklin is in the house! Watch your language!” Mom yelled from downstairs.

I heard Nick yell back, “Sorry!” But even from up here, I could still hear him whisper, “Fuck me.” I guess he can have a temper at times…

All of a sudden, I turned my head to the side and saw Kevin standing there, looking towards the stairs.

“What did you do?” I asked him and gave him a ‘look.’

Kevin turned to me and his eyes went wide. “Why does it automatically have to be my fault?! I didn’t have anything to do with it!”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Then what happened?” I leaned against the door frame and crossed my arms over my chest.

“He just found out Rachel called him like, five times. He left his phone in the laundry room, so he couldn’t hear his phone ringing. Now he’s all mad because of something she left on his voice mail, I’m not sure what though, and then he just ran downstairs. He’s probably getting in his car or something.” Kevin said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Wow. I guess it was pretty bad considering he swore while Frankie was here.” I said.

“Yeah.”

There was a short silence between us as we heard the front door open and close. Probably Nick.

“So, since Nick isn’t here, do you mind helping me figure out what shoes to wear?” He asked, a hopeful look in his eyes.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. “Sure. Why not?” I had nothing else better to do than to mope in my own self pity anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, sorry for the really bad chapter. I was bored and thought you guys deserve an update so I did, even though it's not that good. But guess what??
THE WEDDING IS THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!
I'm really happy!! But it might be postponed to the chapter after that because I'm going to have Alyssa help Kristen get ready for the wedding and I'm not sure how that's going to come. So don't get mad at me if the actual wedding isn't the next chapter.
I love you guys! Thanks for all the amazing comments even though I never update!

:)