Something Better

Chapter 4

Joe’s P.O.V.

I looked at the amazingly perfect ring and thought for a moment.

That is a lot of money. But I mean, I’ve bought more expensive pairs of shoes before. We’ve got money coming out of our eyes here. We’re filthy rich!

And this is we’re talking about. Not just some random girl who we thought might like this ring.

No.

I’m talking about the love of my life. The girl who doesn’t even have to try to look pretty. The girl who I want to spend the rest of the rest of my life with. The girl who’s carrying my child. She’s worth every penny.

“We’ll take it.” I said to the lady without hesitation. Nick whipped his head towards me so fast, I’m surprised he didn’t get whip lash.

“What?!” He said.

The lady gave me a hesitant look. “Are you sure? This ring is very expensive. Plus tax…”

“I’ve never been more sure in my entire life.” And I meant every word I said.

“What?!” Nick repeated.

“Alright then. If you’re sure.” The lady closed the little brown box and started towards the door. She motioned for us to follow her.

She didn’t bother closing the door as she lead us to the check out counter. The whole time I felt eyes burning holes into my back. I turned around to see Nick staring at me bug-eyed.

“What?” I asked in an annoyed tone.

“Joe, this is a lot of money we’re dishing out for this. Remember, we have Kevin’s wedding, which will cost an arm and a leg, then there’s your wedding. Whenever you want to have it. Are you sure you want to spend all of this on just the ring?” I had completely forgotten about Kevin’s wedding. Nick does have a point.

“Can I please have your information?” I turned my attention towards the lady. Guess it’s too late for turn-backs now.

“Nick, we’ll make up for it in a week. There’s nothing to worry about.”

I started giving my information to the lady as she typed it in her computer. Now if only I can assure myself that we’ll make up the money.

Alyssa’s P.O.V.

Oh God, not again. I have to pee.

I got up off the couch and headed towards the bathroom. It was right down the hall from the living room, so at least it wasn’t that far.

I swear, the next time I have to pee, I’ going to scream. This is getting freaking ridiculous!

I flushed the toilet and stormed out of the bathroom. I went back over to the couch and picked up the tub of birthday cake flavored ice cream. Yeah, talk about having a sweet tooth…

All of a sudden, the doorbell rang. I sighed heavily, not wanting to get off the couch. I paused the TV and put the ice cream on the coffee table. Then I went to open the front door.

It’s Joe.

“Hey.” I said, not too happily. Well, why should I be? I haven’t talked to him in forever!

“Hey.” He had his hands in his pockets and he was just looking at me. He actually looked kind of sad.

“You actually came over to see me.” I said. It sounded really snotty, more than it was supposed to. And I’m proud of it.

He sighed and closed his eyes. “Look, I just came over to invite you over my house. I don’t want to fight. But remember you agreed to come over at six?”

Oh yeah, that’s right. I was so worked up in being mad at him that I completely forgot about going over his house.

“Okie dokie. Hold on, let me get changed first.” I was in my pajamas. Basically, that’s all I ever wear anymore. I’m too self-conscious to go out in public looking like I swallowed an over-sized orange. I’m not that big yet, but there’s a little lump.

I turned around and started to walk to the stairs, then Joe took hold of my wrist ever so gently. I stopped and looked at him with a confused expression.

“Don’t bother. You look beautiful in your pajamas. Just come please.”

Part of my heart fluttered when he said that I looked beautiful in my pajamas. But I stopped it and snapped back into reality.

“Fine.” I said and walked out of the house, closing the door behind me.

“Aren’t you going to lock it?” Joe asked.

Oh yeah… Jeez! Is there anything else I’m going to forget tonight?!

I sighed dramatically and turned back around to lock the door. And my keys are all the way upstairs too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. Here's another chapter. Hope you guys like it!!!
BUT!!!
Before I post another chapter, and because you guys love me so much... I won't post another chapter unless I get 10 comments. You here?! 10 COMMENTS!!!
Yeah, sorry to be harsh, but I'm in a good mood... SO MAKE ME HAPPIER!!!

:)