Something Better

Chapter 6

“Joe?”

“Yes my love?”

“We should probably get up before someone comes and runs us over.” Joe looked down at me with an amused expression.

“Alyssa, we’re in a quiet little town at 8:00 at night. Do you really think someone is going to be driving here by this time? Even if they did, we could move out of the way before they actually hit us.” He stated matter-of-factly, as if saying ‘Duh!’ in a nice way.

“Okay, first of all, this is Los Angeles Joe. Last time I checked, Los Angeles isn’t a quiet town. Second of all, someone could be driving by at this time. It’s highly possible. And third of all-“

“Okay, okay! Point taken.” Joe cut me off. I smiled successfully at him and went back to nuzzling my head in his neck.

“See? I told you we should move.” Joe groaned.

“But I don’t wanna move…” Joe whined in a little kid’s voice. I chuckled slightly.

“Well, would you rather get run over by a car?” I looked back up at him with my eyebrows raised.

He smiled. “It doesn’t matter as long as I’m with you.”

“Aww… that’s so full of shit.” I said the last part with a straight face. Joe looked at me like I just stabbed him in the back.

“I’m showing you how much I love you and you don’t even care? I thought girls would kill for this kind of attention.”

“Maybe, but not while they’re going through major hormone changes and pregnant.”

“True.”

We just sat there for a couple of minutes, not really doing anything except for breathing.

“Well?” I asked, getting tired of the silence.

“Well what?” Joe asked.

“Are you going to get up or what?” I heard Joe sigh heavily. Then he picked me up bridal style.

“Back to my house?” He asked.

“Yeah, I think I’ll sleep over tonight.” I closed my eyes and felt him walk over to his house. I love the feeling of being in his arms. With every step he takes I feel more and more secure with him. We arrived at his doorstep a little sooner than I wanted.

Joe rang the doorbell.

A few seconds later, Kevin answered the door in his pajamas and his glasses were on. “Oh, hey Alyssa. How are you? I haven’t seen you in a while.” He said with a smile, and then opened the door wider for us to enter.

“Hey Kevin. I’m doing pretty well. Although I’m getting fatter. Ugh… Anyway, is it alright if I stay the night?” Joe put me down once he walked through the door. Then Kevin closed it.

“Of course. You’re always welcome here.” He smiled then went back to the living room. I looked around, but found something missing that I haven’t seen in a while either.

“Where’s Nick?” I called to Kevin. Joe didn’t seem all that interested. He just started up the stairs, determined to get to his room.

“Sleeping.” Was all Kevin said. I shrugged and ran to catch up with Joe. Nick’s not the type of person to stay up late and wake up late. He likes to get to sleep early and wake up early. He says he likes to feel ‘refreshed.’ So I wasn’t surprised when Kevin said that he was asleep.

By the time I caught up with Joe, he was just opening his bedroom door.

“Sleep with me?” He asked as he walked in, pulling off his shirt. It took me a few seconds to answer, because I was too mesmerized by Joe’s beautiful chest. Dear Lord. I’ve been with him for how long? And he still has the same affect on me.

“Sure, why not. Seriously, what other trouble can we get into?” I laughed, trying to be funny.

Joe pulled off his jeans and threw them aside along with his shirt. He pulled the blanket from it’s nicely made position and got ready to get under.

“Please, don’t start. We just got into a fight about this, and I don’t want to start again. I can’t stand not talking to you for a long period of time. It kills me inside, Alyssa. And yes, I understand we can’t get into any other mishap, but…” He sighed, just standing there by his bed in his boxers.

I came up from behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“I’m sorry, Joe. You’re right, I just need to shut up. I don’t want to start another fight with you, either. I was jus trying to get a laugh.”

He turned around and pulled me into a lovingly hug. He stroked my hair and whispered in my ear,

“It’s alright. It’s over now. Let’s just get some sleep and forget that this all ever happened.” I pulled away and nodded.

“Good.” He smiled and helped me into bed. The he went around the other side and wrapped his arms firmly around me.

What would I do without this guy? I mean, he’s my entire life. Without him, I would b a wreak. I would have no purpose in life. I wouldn’t be whole.

I could feel sleep starting to overcome me. Right before I fell into a deep slumber, I heard Joe mumble something in my hair.

“I love you, Alyssa. Forever and ever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for all your comments! Keep them coming, they inspire me to write more!!
63 subscribers!!! 153 readers!!!

:)