Something Better

Chapter 8

Still Rachel’s P.O.V.

Come on, come on… What was it again?

I was staring at the ceiling, sitting criss-cross apple sauce on my bed, History notes spread out in front of me, trying to remember what John Rolf did.

Damn it! I forget!

I angrily looked back at my notes to find the freaking answer.

He married Pocahontas.

Gah!! Why couldn’t I remember that?! I hate History. I hate it, I hate it, and I hate it!!

Just as I was about to pull all my hair out, my phone rang. I sighed and got off my bed and went over to my dresser. The caller ID read ‘Nick.’

This is how the conversation went:

Nick: Hey babe. What’s up?
Me: Nothing really, just studying for a History test. God, I hate History!
Nick: (Laughs) Calm down. I’m sure it can’t be that bad…
Me: Oh, but it is, Nick. You just don’t even know.
Nick: Don’t worry. I have faith in you. I’m sure you’ll do fine.
Me: Aw… thanks Nick.
Nick: No problem!

There were some voices in the background.

Nick: Hold on a second.
Me: Alright.

“Wait, what happened?” I heard Nick ask. Apparently, there as something wrong, since the other person was screaming their head off at Nick.

“Well then go turn it off!” Nick yelled. The other person started screaming again. I think Nick was covering the receiver, since I could hardly hear what the other person was saying.

“Wait, she sent them to me?” Nick asked.

I didn’t like where this was going. Whatever happened, Nick is obviously involved. And it doesn’t sound good.

“What the hell… that whore! Ugh…” Nick said. Maybe it was a stalker fan…

Nick: Hey. Sorry about that.
Me: Oh, don’t worry. What happened?

“Yes, go do that now!” Nick yelled. I heard thumping, so the other person probably ran off.

Nick: Ugh, it turns out that Miley sent me some pictures of her naked.

My blood boiled.

Nick: But don’t worry, I didn’t see them yet. Anyway, Joe was checking our e-mail, and he saw something from Miley. Thinking nothing was wrong, he clicked on it and opened it. Then that’s when the pictures showed up. When he came to tell me this, we heard a noise come from his room. He went to go check it out, and when he came back he told me that when he was gone, Frankie had gone into his room and saw the pictures. So he comes running back down to tell me that Frankie’s looking at the pictures. That’s when I told him to go turn it off. Why didn’t he just do it when he first saw Frankie in his room? He’s such a moron.

Wow… only someone like Joe would do that.

Me: Oh my goodness… wow.
Nick: Yeah, I know. Frankie’s poor virgin eyes…

We both started laughing.

Then realization hit me. ‘Joe.’ Alyssa had told me before that Joe and she weren’t on best terms. I wonder what’s happened since the last time I talked to her.

Me: Hey Nick?
Nick: Yeah?
Me: Has Joe said anything about being mad at Alyssa, or something like that?
Nick: What? No, no. He would never say that. He loves Alyssa way too much. Why?
Me: Well… the last time I talked to Alyssa, she was talking about how Joe had been ignoring her and stuff.
Nick: Oh… yeah, about that. It wasn’t because he was ignoring her. You see…

There was a short pause.

Nick: You have to promise not to tell her.
Me: Okay. Promise.

Yeah, I probably will end up telling her. He he.

Nick: Well… the reason Joe has been distant with her is because he’s planning this really nice vacation for the both of them. It has to be special because he’s going to propose to her while there. We just recently went ring shopping and found this beyond gorgeous ring. It cost a fortune, so Alyssa had better like it, but Joe is really persistent about this. I haven’t seen him so dedicated to something in his entire life.

Aw…………………………… That is just too cute!

Me: Oh my God, Nick that’s wonderful! I know Alyssa will say yes. She just has to. The two of them are so in love it’s annoying.
Nick: Yeah, but he’s planning on doing this after Kevin and Kristen’s wedding so they don’t take away their moment. It’s Kevin and Kristen’s time to shine, not theirs.
Me: Very true. Listen, I should get going. This test won’t put an ‘A’ on itself.
Nick: Okay, I’ll let you go. Love you.
Me: Love you, too. Bye.

We hung up.

Great. Now I have to get back to studying. Yeah, I totally want to be doing this right now. NOT!

Just then, someone knocked on my dorm room door.

Yay! A distraction!

I put my phone back on my dresser and went over to the door. I opened it and saw Andrew standing there.

“Hey dude. What’s up?” I asked.

“Nothing. I got bored of studying, so I was going to head over to a pizza place. Did you want to come?”

Yay! Food! And another distraction!

“Sure. Hold on a second.” I went over to my bed and grabbed my black Victoria’s Secret sweatshirt. Then I quickly grabbed my phone and headed back over to where Andrew was standing.

“Let’s go.” I shut the door behind me and we headed down the hall.

Once we got outside, we quickly went over to Andrew’s car. He had a little car. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t the best. Hey, at least it could get him places.

We hopped in and drove to the nearest pizza place.

We finally decided on a little place called ‘Rico’s Pizza Palace.’ We got out of the car and went in.

There was no one at the counter. “Hello?” Andrew asked, ringing the bell that was on the counter multiple times.

A few second later, a guy with short blond hair emerged from the back. He had his hair in a tiny Mohawk. Sort of like what Joe used to have.

“Hello. What can I get you guys?”

Before I could speak up, Andrew answered. “Two medium pizzas. One cheese, and he other garlic and bacon.”

Oh, he actually remembered my favorite kind of pizza.

“Coming right up. Feel free to take a seat anywhere.” He pointed to the little dining are that was right next to the lobby. I followed Andrew and we took a table by the window. It was one of those kinds that could only fit two people.

“Dear Lord, did you see that guy? He need some proactive or something, ‘cause his face is all messed up.” Andrew said.

I tried my hardest not to laugh.

“Andrew! That’s so mean.”

“No, you know what? He needs more than just proactive. He needs some Jesus!”

I could’t hold it in anymore. I was laughing so hard that everyone in the dining area stopped what they were doing and looked at me. Even the people who were cooking in the back room. Talk about awkward…

“Andrew!” It came out sounding muffled though, what with all the laughing.

“Seriously man .That boy needs some Jesus.”
♠ ♠ ♠
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
I was laughing my butt off so hard when I was writing this chapter. Ahaha. Actually, this wasn't even my idea. It's based on a true story.
I used to date this guy, and he was really ugly. I mean, he seemed nice, so i was like, 'fine I'll go out with you.' But he turned out to be a stalker, so I broke up with him. Well, one day my friend saw him passing in the hallway during school, and she turns to me and goes, "That boy needs some Jesus. He is sooooo ugly." We both started cracking up. It's been a joke ever since, and I just had to add it in my story. I hope you guys liked it as much as I did. Ah, good times. Good times.

Oh, and i also wrote this chapter while I was studying for history. Yeah, I got really bored and I had this great idea for my story. So I decided to have Rachel study so this way I wouldn't be the only one. Even though she's lucky and she really didn't need to study for a history test. We have different teachers.

Comment!! Banners!! Subscribe!!

:)