Status: Hiatus

Witness

020

Make sure you read the previous chapter, I don't think an e-mail got out to everyone =/

“So,” Mikey started that next Monday, an amused smirk lacing his features as we walked towards Gerard's car parked at the end of my road once more. He’d offered to give me a lift when he realized that he really did want a new car, and he didn’t care what happened to this one at school because he could just get whoever damages it to pay for it and he can get a new car. It made sense, I think. “You and Gerard?”

“What about us?” I asked, innocently. There really was nothing going on, so I really was innocent.

“Don’t pretend you don’t remember,”

“Should I?”

“Saturday morning? You two were in bed together! Looking pretty close if I do say so myself,”

“Wow, Mikey. You are an observant one. But no, nothing was going on. He was just being a good friend, is all,” I concluded, opening the door to the front passenger seat. Mikey let out a smug humming in response, causing Gerard to quip a confused eyebrow.

“What’re you two talking about?”

“About how I found—” Mikey started only to be cut off by me.

“—A rock on the floor, but he thought it was a huge-ass snail,” I interrupted, laughing. I didn't want Gerard to really know what we were talking about, it'd just be weird. Not so much what it was about, just because of what Mikey thought it meant.

“Only Mikey,” Gerard chuckled, looking at his brothers confused face in the rear-view mirror.

“Uh…okay. Anyway, why am I sitting in the back?”

“Because I got here first,”

“You just want to sit next to Gerard,”

“So what if I do,” I concluded, a smirk painted on my face as I looked back at the younger Way. “Do you have a problem with it?" I laughed in an almost purred voice.

“Maybe I do,”

“I have a feeling that you two have an inside joke going on,” Gerard concluded, smiling softly at our behavior.

“Nope,” Mikey smiled.

“None whatsoever,” That was from me.

“Sure,” Gerard smiled as he pulled into the school car-park.

We all climbed out and simultaneously slammed our doors listening as they squeaked and clunked to a close.

“Nice car,” James chided walking past us, almost snarling, but he didn’t do anything else but that. We’d all tensed up at that point expecting him to just run back and beat the shit out of us…or the car, but he never did and that was what caught us slightly off guard.

“It’s weird,” Gerard said watching James’ retreating form. “Since you had a go at him in the halls, Frankie, he’s completely left me alone. All my bruises have actually had a chance to heal,”

“Well, that’s a good thing then,” I smiled, and Mikey looked on knowingly.

“Yeah,” Gerard mumbled absent-mindedly. I’m sure that he was thinking pretty much the same as me. It wasn’t a bad thing that James was no-longer taking such pleasure in beating him to a crumbling mess, there was just something strange about it not happening, almost like he was waiting or something.

Either that or he was actually terrified of me. That was unlikely seeing as he’s practically seven foot high, and then there’s me, little Frankie five foot nothing. “Anyway, Frankie, we have maths, so we’d better go,”

I nodded and gave Mikey a small hug before we wondered off our separate ways.

“Do you have a thing for Mikey?” Gerard asked, a smirk playing across his lips. I laughed. Hadn't I just had this conversation in reverse?

“No, I don’t,”

“Well what was that hug about, then, eh?”

“Do you know what we were talking about before we got in the car?”

“No,”

“Well, it started with him finding us in your bed. What was that about, eh?” I winked back.

“You weren’t complaining,”

"You're right," I murmured, looking over at him. "I wasn't,"

* * *

“So you multiply X by Pi and get your answer,” the teacher droned on writing all sorts of funky little symbols on the board in front of us. I didn’t understand any of it so instead I just doodled across my page making the occasional mathematical note that I thought I might need in order to maybe pass this year.

The teacher set us some questions for us to do while she went across the hall to another class where she was supposed to be covering for another teacher.

“Why don’t they just get a proper supply teacher?” I asked Gerard as she left the room.

“No-one really wants to work here part-time. They know that they’ll get ripped to shit by us,”

“Including you?”

“Hell yeah including me. It’s the only fun in class we get. It doesn’t happen much though, for that exact reason,”

I laughed slightly and looked down at my book. “I can’t be bothered to do this,” I sighed, dropping my pen on the page of my book and leant back in my chair, laughing as Gerard did exactly the same.

“So, I was thinking…” Gerard started before being interrupted by me.

“Always a dangerous sign,”

“Oh, if you’re going to be like that then I won’t ask,”

“Ask what?”

“No, you ruined your chance,”

“My chance to what,”

“Well,” he started, smirking, obviously deciding to tell me anyway. “I was wondering if you maybe wanted to do something this weekend?”

“Would Mikey mind me tagging along again?”

“Well,” He scratched nervously at the back of his neck. “I was hoping, just you and me,”

“What, like a date?” I smirked.

“Yeah, actually, like a date,”
Okay, so that caught me off guard!

“Really?” I asked, blushing as he nodded uncertainly. “Yeah, it sounds…it sounds awesome,” I grinned, dipping my head as I leant forwards and picked up my pen, starting on the questions just to distract myself from blushing again.

While I realize that Gerard and I have only known each other a couple of weeks, it was still obvious that there was a connection between us. Wow. Frank Iero really is cliché; A connection? Since when did I become such a sap?

I was glad that in such a hectic and utterly insane time in my life – Franks life – that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Gerard. The one person who understood that even though I need someone to talk to, there’s no pressuring me into it.
He doesn’t expect to be told every single little detail of my life, and he doesn’t really care that I don’t tell him. Well, so it appeared. I appreciated that more than anything, and I think he was beginning to understand that a lot more now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm. I'm not so sure about this chapter.

Everything is becoming proper fluffy and sweet. Maybe I should tone it down a bit? :P

Comments are always loved ^_^