Status: Updated Slowly

Family Values

Where Is Everyone?

~Corie's POV~

I growled staring at Zacky, "Does that mean you don't want kids!?" His eyes widened as Heaven and Sophie snicker, "Oh Baker Boys in trouble!" They chanted. Zacky gulped and smiled innocently, "Can we talk about this later?" I rolled my eyes, "Later my ass, I got to go to work." His eyes widened again and he grabbed a couch pillow throwing it at me. I caught it defensively, "You're leaving me with the two brats! Hell no i was going to go visit Brian!" I gasped pegging him with it, "I need to work so I can pay the bills!" Wth that I practically ran out of the house jumping in the car and heading off to the restaurant I worked out.

I checked in sighing as I adjusted my name tag, "I got the news about the murder..." The bartender, Sam, whispered descretly. I smiled standing next to him helping him clean glases. "Yea?" He nodded handing me another one to dry. "The 'man's' gang was at church to, my wife was there. Said they were whispering behind them about money owing." I raised an eyebrow, no way in hell would my mom get into that business. I smiled drying the last glass, "Thanks Sam." I went back into the kitchen getting out my cell phone. I called up Zaky letting him no what I had just found out. Today was going to be a long day.

It wasn't that long at work, I was let go of around noon which was early for me. I drove home only to find both my house and their house completely empty. No one at all. "What's up with this??" I asked to myself and checked my cell for any messages or missed texts. Nothing whatsoever. I sighed and went inside going into the kitchen and making a sandwhich. Well if no one was going to tell me what was going on or if I needed to do anything I was perfectly fine with it. I sat down on the couch turning on the TV watching I Love Lucy on Fox.

No one came home for about three hours and finally Joel was the one who knocked. I glared at him quickly, "What do you want?" He looked around behind me, probably making sur the guys weren't here to kick his ass. "Nothing, I just came by to see Ivy?" I laughed, "She's not here she's with Brian at the hospital Brian fell and hit his head." He mouthed an 'oh' and came inside. I huffed, "Don't mind if you can come in." He apologised, "It's just cold and scary outside." I laughed and nodded letting him sit on the couch. "Why don't you get that Ivy dumped you?"

He raised his shoulders looking at me strangely, "Maybe because I love her?" I narrowed my eyes again at him making a sandwhich and handing him a can of coke. "Well obviously she doesn't love you if she dumped you smartass." I sighed heavily almost as if he had been holding it back for so long. He looked at the TV, "I wouldn't take you for a Lucy Fan." I raised an eyebrow, "And what does that mean?" I asked. He raised his shoulders, "What do you want it to mean?" This guy was a big smartass. I stood up, "Ivy's not going home anytime soon so why don't you pick your little ass up and leave?! I protected you once I can't protect you again!" I opened the door for him as he walked out, "See you in a little bit." Where the fuck was everyone?
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know you like it...