Status: Updated Slowly

Family Values

The Past Is Never Too Far Behind...

~Ivy's POV~

"The story isn't gonna be finished in time Ivy! The pictures will be done and developed but Renee is taking to fuckin long on the story!" Melina told me.

"What the fuck? The story is written off of the interview...she interviewed them last week!" I replied.

"That's what I don't understand! Ivy...I know it is a hard time for you but Douglas has been over here as well!"

"What?" I asked as I stopped my pacing.

"He came over and went through some of your files, employee papers and band documents. Ivy....I'd hate for you to cut your visit short but...this doesn't look good! You know how Douglas is! After the shit he pulled last year...you don't want to risk him trying to steal anything out from under you this time!" Melina replied.

Douglas was once one of my closest friends. We shared desk's together on the floor at Spin before I became editor. But once I became editor he became like one of my sworn enamies. We never spoke at all...I was just his boss and that was it. He tried to get me fired last year by saying I was stealing files from one of my best friends Mark's desk. Mark worked at Rolling Stone and both of us were pawning for a deal with Foo Fighters for a cover story. Well Spin lucked out and got the deal but Douglas tried to say I stoll papers from Mark, claiming that's how we got the deal. In the end...I was investagated and Douglas was fired by my boss...the owner of the magazine. Since then he has been looking for a way to get me fired...and with me here in Cali...he had all the opertunity to do so!

"Fuck...what am I gonna do?" I asked.

"I don't know but whatever it is you better do it fast!" Melina replied.

"Ok....I'll call you later!" I replied and flipped my phone closed.

I looked toward the house and suddenly felt the emotion of guilt wash over me. What had I done? What was I gonna do? Brian now knew about Sophia and Heaven...I couldn't just take them away from him again! Hell he hadn't even had time to meet them...he was to busy screwin my brains out! I placed my cell phone back in my pocket as I walked back through the back door.

"Well...why so glum?" Zacky asked with a slight smirk on his face.

I looked toward Brian and saw the look in his eyes. Hurt and confusion. My heart kinda broke but what was I supposed to do? My life back in New York was in jerprady of being taken away. My job....what I do to support myself and my daughters! Then back here there was all I'd really ever known. My girls could get used to this...but what would I do? Brian wouldn't have me work around here...so what was I gonna do?

"Where's the girls?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Sleeping at Mrs. Kindles!" Corie replied turning looking at me.

"Why?" Brian asked.

"I have to leave in the morning!" I replied looking away quickly.

"Huh?" Zacky replied.

"But you just got here Ivy!" Corie replied.

"I know but something's come up back in New York that I have to get back to!" I replied.

"We haven't even barried mom yet!" Corie replied.

"I know" I replied looking down.

"So...just like that your gonna leave?" Brian asked as he jumped down off the counter. "After what we just did...after me finding out that I have 2 beautiful daughters? Your gonna leave me again?"

"Brian don't do this to me!" I replied walking toward the steps.

"No Ivy don't do this to me!" he replied grabbing my arm turning me to face him. "What the fuck happened to you? Ivy I'm here...I wanna be with you!"

"Brian it's not that simple!" I replied holding back tears as I looked into his hurt filled eyes.

"Why aint it? Ivy...god...what more do you want? I can't live without you! I wont live without you!" he replied sternly.

"Excuse me?" I asked raising a brow.

"You heard me Ivy...you broke one of our rules by leaving anyways!" he stated.

"Brian fuck your rules! Your not in that fuckin gang anymore and above all else you broke it when you left!" I replied turning.

"Wait...Ivy...we're all still in the gang!" Zacky defended.

"What?" I asked looking back at him.

"Yeah...infact...we all made it offical here 2 years ago...got the matching tat's on our fingers and what not! In fact...your sister her actually has the brand on her that all the girl's in the group have!"

I looked at Corie to see her looking at Zacky. I thought they had left the gang before Brian left for college. The gang they were in was based on killing and robbing. That's all they ever did...but that's how they survived!

"Corie?" I asked.

Her eyes turned to me and she nodded slightly. The tears that were hidden had now broke free and were streaming down my face.

"Ivy I'm sorry...but....in many ways it helps out!" Corie replied.

"How? How does it help out Corie? Your bills are past due by 3 fuckin months! Your heat was cut off! You have no fuckin phone! How is it helping you? How does knowing that the man you love is going out her killing and robbing people help you out?" I screamed.

"She's is well taken care of Ivy! I see to it that she has cloths on her back and food in her stomach!" Zacky defended.

"If you loved her you wouldn't put her through this shit Zacky!" I replied looking down at him.

"You should talk about love Ivy! Big sister runs away to New York, has babies and gets a high paying job but couldn't send word to her family that she was ok...or to top that off...couldn't send a fuckin dime to take care of her mother!" Zacky snickered. "I love Core dearly...and I wouldn't loose her to anything...or anyone!"

"Your a fuckin lier! Your a free loader Zacky!" I spat out.

Zacky smirked and started toward me but Brian shot him a glare and Corie grabbed his arm. He looked at Corie and took a deep breath before looking at Brian again.

"Syn you better put your girl in check before I do!" Zacky spat.

"Don't tell me how to handle my girl Zacky...you just worry about yours!" Brian replied looking at me.

"I'm not your girl!" I spat out.

"But oh yes you are Ivy....you see...you had my daughters...I still love you...that makes you my girl regardless of what you think or say!" he replied witha slight smirk.

"Ya know what...I'm leaving!" I replied as I walked back down the steps toward the door.

Brian gripped my arm tightly turning me.

"Like I said hunny...your not going anywhere!" he said in a low voice as to try and scare me. It did but I was gonna stand my ground!

"And like I told you...I'm not your property now get the fuck off!" I replied jerking my arm.

He tightned his grip causing me to yelp. I drew back and slapped him as hard as I could across the face. This causing him to growl and push me harshly into the wall. My back stung and a pain washed over me as I slide down the wall to the floor.

"BRIAN YOU FUCKIN ASSHOLE!" Corie yelled and jerked away from Zacky running over knealing beside me.

"Shit...Ivy I'm sorry!" Brian cooed coming toward me.

I stood as quickly as I could and grabbed the lamp on the table beside me.

"Get the fuck away from me!" I replied.

"Ivy please...your only gonna make it worse!" Corie pleaded.

"Listen to your sister Ivy!" Zacky chuckled pulling Corie back toward him.

"Fuck you!" I replied walking backwards toward the door...Brian infront of me smiling a bit.

"Ivy put the lamp down and chill! I'm sorry ok but you know you dont hit me!" he replied.

"Fuck you Brian!" I replied.

"We already did that baby!" he smiled.

I reached back and turned the door knob opening the door.

"Ivy I'm serious dont walk out that door!" Brian replied in an angry tone.

That's when I did the unthinkable. I drew back and hit him in the head with the lamp causing it to break in little pieces. I then turned and ran as fast a si could toward Mrs. Kindels...I had to get my girls fast cause I knew how they were...they wouldn't let me leave!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments get updates...