Drowning Lessons

Oh, How Wrong We....Weren't!?

Frank’s POV

I sat there as we were being lectured, paying no mind to what the teacher had to say. I was completely lost in my thoughts… I’m going insane. I guess love can kill.

I looked down at my hands and observed them. It would be so nice if these hands were grasping Gerard’s. That moment would be perfect. I nearly fainted at the thought, I was so freaking nervous.

Ten minutes passed as I gazed off into la-la-land. I was quickly transferred back into the real world when the bell rang. I nearly jumped out of my skin. Thank god.

I quickly gathered my books and headed for the door. I nearly exited when I felt a large hand on my shoulder.

“Mr. Iero.” Oh shit, it was Mr. Vetter… I hate that dude.

I looked down, “Yes Mr. Vetter?”

He glared at me, goddamn cockbrain, “Why were you late for class and why,” He emphasized, “Were you not paying attention today?”

I frowned, “Sorry sir, I ran into some jerks in the hallway. I haven’t got any sleep either so… I’m sorry,” I lied. I hate this dude… He’s so… intrusive... I’m pretty sure he’s a homophobe.

Mr. Vetter glared at me harder, “Don’t let this happen again.”

“Yes sir,” I nodded. Gr, get off my dick you retard…

I turned away and started walking, “Hardass…”

I heard a voice booming behind me, “I heard that young man! Detention tomorrow!”

Shit. I smacked myself in the head; my mind immediately focusing on one thing… Gerard.

I sighed in frustration… I’m gonna tell him… Today.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I ran into Rick, some jock who enjoys beating the shit out of me.

“Watch it pussy-boy!” He grabbed my arm.

I nodded, “Sorry Rick.”

He bared his teeth, “Better be.” He spat right in my face.

Oh, that’s it, asshole… I’m not in the goddamn mood.

I paused as I wiped off the saliva… Everyone laughed at me. I spotted Gerard staring at me in horror.

Oh fuck, buddy… You are going down.

Rick grinned at me, “What you gonna do?”

I smiled and pretended to turn away, but instead my fist collided with Rick’s nose, making blood spill down his pretty little letterman jacket.

I sacked him and pushed him to the ground, “Don’t touch me mother-”

Ouch. Two other jocks rammed me against the lockers as Rick rose, holding his balls.

I spat at him, “I hope they shrunk!”

He smiled as he raised his fist, winding up for a big one.

Oh… Shit…

Gerard’s POV

Oh no, you don’t!!!

As Rick went to swing I quickly grabbed his hand and stopped him, “Don’t touch him.”

He turned around, “What you gonna do Gee-tard?”

Ray, Bob and Mikey stood behind me. I grinned.

Rick’s cronies let go of Frankie and stood behind him.

Thank god, he isn’t hurt.

Frankie quickly ran beside me; brave man. Made me love him even more. I stared at him, distracted. I was quickly reminded of what I was doing before, because Rick’s fist came hard across my jaw. I fell to the ground.

I heard Frankie scream, “Fucker!” as he jumped on Rick. Mikey followed, knowing full well that Frankie didn’t stand a chance. I hope he’s okay…

I got up and saw Bob throw the other jock, named Rogan, against the locker. What a brute… I was surprised when Bob raised his foot, making Rogan’s head come between his boot and the locker. He fucking curb stomped him, leaving the guy unconscious.

I glanced at Ray, who had Tony, another crony, on top of him. He was almost getting beat. I ran over to Tony and pulled him off… Me and Ray got advantage and started kicking the shit out of him till we heard a rib crack. I brought my foot down on his face and watched blood spurt out of his nose… Two down… One to go.

I looked over and saw Mikey sprawled on the ground. Frankie was up against the locker, his face covered in blood. Shit!

“Rick you asshole!” I ran as fast as I could and tackled him. He recovered quickly and backed against a locker. Me and the boys surrounded him.

I stepped forward, “You son of a bitch,” I quickly raised a fist, only to have it blocked. I felt a hard punch to stomach as I stumbled forward, running into the locker. That guy can hit hard.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up… Frankie? I smiled. He smiled back.

I recovered and looked at Rick, who was pinned against the locker by Bob and Ray. I walked over, “Don’t,” I brought my knee to his stomach, “Ever,” I head butted him, “Touch,” I elbowed in the head, “My,” I uppercutted him, “Frankie.” I brought my foot as high as I could, hitting him square in the facial area. He collapsed. We all took turns spitting on him as Mr. Vetter appeared through the crowd of people.

He spotted the three jocks down and spotted Mikey, who was still out cold.

“What the hell is going on over here!?”

Frankie stepped forward, “I-”

Ah, I cut him off, “It was me sir, Rick hit me so I hit him back… Then his friends came along… I’m responsible for doing this… Not these guys,” I pointed to Frankie especially, “They happened to walk in the middle of it…”

Mr. Vetter nodded and glared at Frank. He looked around, “Everybody! Go home! School’s over for today am I right?”

The halls emptied quite quickly. He walked over to me. “All of you, I don’t wanna see your goddamn faces for a week, excluding Rick and his friends, Mr. Iero… Come with me.”

I stepped forward, “Frank is not responsible.”

He raised an eyebrow… “Is that so?”

I nodded.

A second eyebrow rose, “I don’t give a shit Mr. Way. I could care less about you people. I know Mr. Iero is responsible for your heroic actions. I know he is a little fa-”

Strike three, motherfucker! You are OUT! I smashed him as hard as I could, square in the fucking noggin… He collapsed. Oops, I just hit a teacher.

Uh-oh.

My eyes darted to the boys, “Let’s go… Now!”

We picked up Mikey and ran out of the school, being careful not to trip over the unconscious dudes.

Oh my, now Frank’s gonna know.. Isn’t he?

We rounded a block, “Guys! I think we are good!” I heard Frankie yell.

“Yeah,” I nodded, “Go ahead!”

Me and Frankie walked beside each other until we came near an alley, I was pulled into it and thrust against a wall.

I stared in amazement, “Frank, what are you doing?”

He gazed at me nervously, “I need to tell you, and this probably isn’t the best way, but after what I saw back there I know I can’t be wrong. I love you...”

I smiled, “I-I-I’ve been waiting for you to say that…”

He smiled back and relaxed, letting go of my arms.

This is the best day ever.