Drowning Lessons

Fire At Will

Gerard’s POV

My baby. My friend. Frankie.

Here I was, crying like a child in Frank’s arms when he was the one who got beaten to a pulp. My baby, how could they do this to him? I cried harder at the thought.

“Never,” I repeated. I finally stopped crying, “We should really get you to a doctor, they might’ve broken something.” He stared down at me and played with my hair, “I think I’ll be fine.” I grabbed his hand and kissed it gently, “Please… For me?” He sighed, “Okay honey… For you.” I smiled, “Thank you muchly babe.” I kissed his hand again.

“I love you Frankie.” I observed his face further. The sight made me wanna cry, “Revenge…”

Frankie looked at me through his swollen eyes, “Huh?”

“Revenge, Frankie… Revenge…” I balled up my fists.

He put his hand on lap, “Gerard. If I do anything or if any of us try to get revenge, they will hurt you.”

What? Those assholes can’t hurt me. “They can’t hurt me.”

I know my lover was taken aback, “Look at me Gee. They can KILL you. They could’ve killed me…”

He’s right. I don’t want to lose my soulmate because of my actions. Taking a punch and not fighting back really pissed me off, it was so unfair… “Okay.” I gave him a light kiss on his swollen lips, making sure not to cause pain.

He smiled, “Thank you babe.” I smiled back. “Let’s get you checked up okay?”

He nodded. I stood up and took his hand, holding it loosely. We made our way to the door. I spotted Mikey sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee. “Hey Mikes, we are heading to the doctor okay?” He nodded, “See you.” He grimaced when he saw Frankie, who looked like that guy off of Texas Chain Massacre… You know, the Leatherface dude? It was that bad.

I dragged Frankie outside and opened the passenger door for him, “Maaddaaammm.” He chuckled, “I’m not a girl!”

I laughed, hopped into the drivers seat, shut the door and turned the car on. Frankie turned on the radio, obviously wanting a little bit of silence. I complied and drove the walk in clinic. It was fairly empty.

We sat down in the waiting room. Frankie rested his head on my shoulder. The movement looked painful. I kissed him on his head; tasting sweat and blood and… Frankie. I love him so much.

“Frank Iero?” We heard a voice come from the front; it was doctor. Frank nodded and got up from his chair. I followed. I hoped this doctor wasn’t homophobic.

Frankie’s POV

I hate doctors.

We were lead into a small room and I was seated on a hospital bed. I looked over at Gerard. He spotted some needles. Poor boy, I’ll have to feed him even more love after this.

I looked up at the doctor and saw his nameplate, Dr. Cole. He looked down at me with a surprised look. “So, Mr. Iero, what exactly happened to you?”

I shrugged, feeling a sharp pain in my rib. I gasped. “Um. Got jumped.”

He nodded, “Fair enough. Where do you feel pain?”

“Everywhere.”

I looked at Gee; he had that apologetic look on his face.

“Okay Mr. Iero. I’m just gonna check some stuff here.” Dr. Cole stepped toward me and placed a hand on my ribcage, slightly pressed. I nearly shrieked, “Fuck!” He jerked back, “Hurts?” I nodded, grimacing. “Okay. Maybe we should just get X-Rays… I wanna check some other things first though.” I nodded again.

He placed his finger on my eye. It stung like a bitch so I jumped slightly. He put his finger on my cut eyebrow, I jumped again. “Looks like we are gonna have to stitch this up.

Dr. Cole pulled out a needle and I saw Gee cower away, the sweat on his forehead made him look shiny. He plunged the needle into my wound, injecting some type of stuff that numbs the skin. He pulled out some sutures and worked on my face. Eventually, he was done. Thank god. He just put tape on the rest of my cuts and re-arranged my nose.

“Now that that is done… Anymore pain?” I nodded, “My arms, legs, back.”

Dr. Cole gazed at me, “Probably hurt your kidney. Possibly a fractured elbow, broken wrist…” He felt my fingers and I jumped, not noticing they hurt beforehand, “Broken fingers…”

I looked at Gerard again. Poor guy, he had to hear all of this. I just want to be in his arms. Fuck doctors.

“Mr. Iero?” I looked at Dr. Cole, who was trying to get my attention. “X-Rays?”

“Oh.. Yeah.” I got up and followed Dr. Cole, leaving Gerard to follow. Gee grabbed my hand and I felt another pain shoot up my arm. I tried to ignore it but decided to snatch my hand back, “It hurts babe…” He kissed my ear, “Okays.”

We finally made it to the X-Ray room. I was put in a gown and some type of protective thing… Made of lead… Literally.

I was put behind a machine and the X-Ray was turned on. I hate doctors; with their arrogance and fetish for cotton balls. When I was done, I followed Dr. Cole and he showed me my bones. “Mr. Iero, it seems you have all ten broken fingers… One broken wrist, hipbone, cracked and broken rib, fractured wrist and lastly, a fractured elbow.”

Gee’s mouth was wide open, as well as Dr. Coles, “I’m surprised you can walk, that is truly amazing. We will have to put you on pain killers and a wheel chair so your hip and ribs can heal, also a cast and sling for your fingers, wrists and elbow.”

I nodded. This really sucks. I just got so emo I fell apart. Hah-Hah. Not funny. You aren’t emo. I hate that word, ‘emo’.

After all the procedures were done we exited the clinic. I glanced over at Gerard and saw him welling up, “Aww, sugar don’t cry!” He looked at me with those hazel eyes, “I never knew it was this bad… I’m amazed you can walk.” He petted my face. I love when he does that, even if my face is full of sutures, gauze and medical tape.

“I’m tired.”

Gee nodded, “I know hun… Let’s get some sleep.”

I grinned.

Let’s?

I’d enjoy that.