You Saved Me

Meph!

“Steph? What are you doing here?” Brittany asked as she ran to her friend who was sitting in front of a little fire in between Nick and Kevin.

“They said they were having smores. So I had to come.” she said back to her, getting up from her seat and pulling Brittany into a hug.

“HEY!” Kevin yelled with protest from his seat.

“And to see him as well.” she said with a laugh, turning around and making her way towards Kevin who pulled her onto his lap, giving her a quick peck on the cheek in the process and saying a quick hey to Brittany with a wave.

“Hey Tris-Brittany. Sorry. I’m not used to calling people a name when it’s not really their name.” Nick said with a laugh as he got up from his chair to give her a quick hug before sitting back down.

“Oh, but it is her name. Because I said so.” Joe said from beside her, putting his arm over her shoulder and pulling her into him.

“Whatever Joe. But I’m tired and I fulfilled my promise to you. So, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow. It was nice seeing you again Tr-Brittany.” Nick said with a yawn and then got up from the chair and made his way inside after saying a quick bye to Steph and Kevin who were still sharing a chair.

“What promise?” Brittany whispered to Joe while she watched Nick fade away into the darkness of the house.

She was actually hoping that he’d stay with them, only because she wanted to get to know him a little better.

“He had to keep your chair warm.” Joe stated to her, giving her a smile and a shrug.

She started to laugh quietly at his response when Steph asked, “Can we make smores now?” while she looked down at Kevin and gave him a smile.

“No. We can’t.” he stated, causing her to pull her head back a little bit to get a better look at him.

“Me and Joe will make the smores while you and Brittany relax.” he finished, giving her a quick peck on the lips and then tapping her legs lightly to have her get off of him.

She giggled a little from his response and then got up off of him and sat down into her chair that was next to his.

“So this was your plan for me not to be mad at you? Wow. You do know a way to a girls heart Joe. Chocolate and marshmallows.” Brittany said with a laugh as her and Joe walked towards the chairs.

“Well it’s just a part of the plan Hun.” he said with a smile as she took a seat next to Steph in the chair that Nick was sitting in before.

As he turned halfway towards the fire, he stopped and turned back towards her and leaned onto the arm rests of the chairs, trapping her in it as he leaned down and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“And that‘s also part of the plan.” he stated as he saw a look of confusion flash across Brittany’s face from his action before he turned back around to start working on smores with Kevin.

“Don’t burn mine please.” Steph said quickly to Kevin once he put the marshmallow over the fire and then turned to a blushing Brittany.

“So…what’s going on with you two?” she asked quietly so the boys wouldn’t over hear them.

Brittany shook her head to get herself out of her little trance that Joe had put her in before answering.

“Nothing. That I know of anyways. That’s like the second time he’s kissed me in a matter of a half hour.”

“Really?” she asked excitedly and then lowered her voice when the boys looked over at her with confused looks to ask, “Where else did he kiss you?”

“In the car.” Brittany said somewhat dreamily while she watched the way Joe’s smile came onto his face as he looked at her over the fire before looking over at Kevin and talking about something.

“Not that where! Like where on your body!” Steph let out a light laugh, which brought Brittany out of her daydream and shook her head quickly before responding.

“Um…just on the hand.”

“Wow. That’s so cute. I love it when a guy does that. It’s so…old school and gentleman-like. No guys do that anymore.” Steph said and then turned her head to Kevin and gave him a giant smile which he returned along with a wink.

“I can think of two guys who do it.” Brittany said with a smirk, having witnessed the little exchange between Kevin and Steph.

“What’s going on with you two? Are you guys dating?” Brittany asked as she playfully shoved Steph in the arm to get her attention.

“Well…not officially. At least, I don’t think so. He never came out and asked me to be his girlfriend. But we went out on two dates this past week. He took me to see a movie Tuesday, which you already knew about.” she stated while Brittany nodded her head in agreement and for Steph to continue since she didn’t know about the second date.

Courtesy of Bobby for grounding her.

“And we went bowling Friday. Although it got cut short when some of his fans practically mulled him for pictures and autographs. But we came back here and played Monopoly with the family.”

“Wow. Sounds like you two are like an older couple more than anything. Not that stupid high school crap. Like a seriously older couple who go on casual dates.” Brittany said with a laugh, only because she saw Joe’s marshmallow fall off his stick, causing Kevin to laugh at him, so Joe hit his stick, causing Kevin’s marshmallow to fall off as well.

“Well what do you expect? He is 20. Almost 21. Sometimes I ask myself why he’s dating me. I’m 19. Doesn’t he look like the type of guy who goes for older girls than younger?” Steph asked as she watched him put another marshmallow onto his stick and smile adoringly at him.

“Come on Steph. Don’t do this. He’s dating you because he likes you and you probably give him that warm fuzzy feeling.” she said with a slight giggle at her choice of words.

She heard Steph let out a sigh as she continued to watch Kevin make her smore.

“All done. Sorry it took so long. Joe pushed your marshmallow off the stick and into the fire.” Kevin said a few minutes later, kneeling down in front of her to be at her height and handed her a smore.

“Thanks. And don’t worry about it.” she said with a smile towards him and before she had even a chance to look away or take a bite out of her smore, he smiled widely at her and then pulled her towards him, giving her a very hard kiss.

“Uh….he’s a…here’s your smore.” Joe stuttered, clearly shocked by his brothers action.

Kevin just didn’t seem like a PDA type of person and not a very…passionate, if that’s the right word, at that either.

“Let’s give them some alone time.” Brittany said, her eyes still somewhat bugged out from the random kiss that was turning into a make out session between the two as her and Joe started to walk off towards the other side of the yard.

Now that she was away from the fire, she felt a tad bit chilly, causing her to shiver somewhat but not too noticeable as they took a seat on the grass on the other side of the yard.

“So…are you still mad at me?” Joe asked after a couple of silent seconds passed by between the two.

She laughed a little bit and then looked over at him to see him looking up at the stars, and for some reason she wanted to tell him no. Just to see if he had any other plans up his sleeve.

“That depends.” she said and then took a bite out of her smore that was really good.

Courtesy of Joe.

“On what?” he asked back, snapping his head towards her and causing her to laugh a little bit from his reaction.

She finished her bite before answering him.

“On if there’s anything else involved in your plan to not make me mad.”

She saw a smile come across his face quickly as he looked at her and she couldn’t help but think about how adorable he was.

The moonlight reflected off his eyes, making them look more beautiful than normal, if that’s possible, as his hair shined gorgeously while it was messy around his face, like always, that held a boy-ish grin which made him look even more charming than he already was.

“There’s always more to my plans.”

“And am I gonna like it?” she asked and then took another bite, only to stop their intense gaze they were sharing.

She was getting butterflies in her stomach and her skin kept tingling. Although, that might be because she was cold.

He let out a sigh and laid down, tucking his hands behind his head as a pillow while he said, “I really hope so.”

“Well…then I guess I’m a little bit mad at you.” she said, sending him a smile before finishing up her smore and laying down next to him in the cool grass which made her shiver somewhat.

“Cold?” he asked her once he noticed her skin in the moonlight that was covered in goosebumps.

“A little.” she said as she turned her head towards him.

“A little is an understatement. Your whole body is covered in goosebumps. Come here.” he said, while he let one of his hands slid out from underneath his head and pull her towards him, allowing her to curl up into his side for some body warmth.

“Thanks.” she said softly as she laid her head onto his chest and smiled a little bit to herself.

She was feeling warm now, but it probably wasn’t because he was so much warmer. Only because from having his arm around her made her blush like crazy, having her body instantly warm up from his touch.

“So…want to play a game?” he asked as a few minutes passed by them.

“Sure.”

“Ok. You gotta clear your mind of everything. Close your eyes and forget about everything that’s going on and pick one of the two things I say. Got it?” he asked as he maneuvered himself a little bit so he could see her face better.

She let out a small laugh from his directions, causing him to look at her with a questioning look.

“What’s so funny?”

“How is this a game? It’s more like asking me more questions about myself.” she replied back with a laugh.

“It’s supposed to see what you really want. Like a snap decision. You can do it to me after we’re done. You’ll see. You’ll like it.” he said with a smile towards her as he leaned up onto one of his arms, letting his hand cradle his head as his other arm rested over her stomach.

She looked up at him and let out a loud sigh before saying ‘fine’ and closing her eyes.

She took a few deep breaths to clear her mind and let herself be at peace.

Well, as much peace she was going to get since she was laying in the grass with a guy that she was crazy about.

“Ready?” she heard Joe say just above a whisper and she nodded her head towards him, a small smile playing on her lips.

“Ok.” he said just as softly and then re-positioned himself since his arm was starting to go stiff on him and then fired off his questions.

“Peanut butter or Jelly?”

“Peanut butter.” she said instantly while a small came onto Joe’s face for her to actually play along.

“Blue or Purple?”

“Blue.”

“Up or down?”

“Up.” she said with a small laugh, only because it was such a weird question.

“Sun or moon?”

“Moon.”

“Phone or Ipod.”

“Ipod.”

“Inside or outside?”

“Outside.”

“Stars or clouds?”

“Stars.”

“Friends or Family?”

“Fa-.” she stopped, and a look of anguish came across her face.

“Sorry. I shouldn’t have asked you that.” Joe said softly next to her while she opened her eyes.

“It’s ok. It’s not normal for someone to not have any family. It’s not your fault. But I’d have to say family. You, and Steph and everyone else that I’m close with are like my family anyways.” she said with a genuine smile towards him.

He smiled back at her and started to lean down towards her but she cut off his momentum when she shut her eyes and said, “Come on. Keep going. This is fun.”

He let out a small laugh and retracted himself from her from the few inches he got closer to her before firing off more questions.

“Hot or cold?”

“Cold.”

“Kevin or Nick.”

“Kevin. Huh…” she said with a little bit of a laugh.

“Umm…me or Steph?”

“Meph.” she said and then laughed a little at herself. Keeping her eyes closed she shrugged and said, “Sorry…I can’t decide.”

He let out a small laugh too as he re-positioned himself closer to her since his arm was falling asleep so he was now leaning over her more with his forearm in the grass instead of his elbow.

“Hugs or Kisses?”

“K-” she cut herself off and found herself growing hot from what her answer was going to be.

Joe was the only guy she’d ever kissed and she was hoping that he might forget that little piece of information about her as she finished the word.

Joe’s smile grew wider from hearing her say that and then changed his question last minute from her answer.

“You or Me?”

“You.” she said quickly and then she instantly felt his soft, moist lips against hers while one of his warm hands cupped the side of her face.

She felt like her insides burst from his kiss and she couldn’t stop the smile that was forming on her face from it.

He pulled her closer to him, wrapping her up in his arms as she brought her hands up and got them tangled in his hair.

Both of their hearts were beating like crazy as they continued the kiss.

Ever since they kissed three weeks ago in Steph’s kitchen they both were anticipating the next time they would get to.

Kevin and Steph let out a faint, “Woah” when they say the two of them kissing, Joe on top of Brittany, well he wasn’t really on top of her. He was leaning over her, but from their view from the side of the yard, it looked like he was on top of her, but neither Joe nor Brittany heard it.

All they could hear was the sound of their own hear beats pumping loudly in their ears and now hot they had become.

All the goosebumps she had from being cold where now gone, but soon came back to her when she felt his tongue flick across her lips seductively, making her eyes roll back into her head briefly.

“Should we stop them?” Kevin asked quietly to Steph while his eyes were glued to his little brother and Brittany, as were Steph’s eyes.

“No. Not yet anyways. They both have been dying to do that. Give it like 2 more minutes before we have to stop them.” she said with a giggle and then gave him a quick peck on the lips.

He smiled at how cute she was and then nodded his head in agreement before looking back over to see Joe and Brittany still kissing.

Brittany was in a state of bliss right now.

Not only because she was kissing, wait, scratch that, making out with the most adorable and greatest guy she ever met under the stars, but because he knew what he was doing.

And she was very thankful for that. And the fact that he didn’t seem to have a problem with her lack of making out experience.

But then it ended and she couldn’t decide if she was disappointed or happy about the fact that he was smiling down at her, taking in deep breaths.

“Are you sure you’ve never done that before? Because it felt like you knew what you were doing.”

She let out a small laugh from his statement as he widened the gap between them but was still hovering over her.

“Yes I’m sure. But I think I learned from the best so…” she trailed off and was very ecstatic at the fact that he couldn’t see her blush from her own comment.

He let out a short laugh before dipping down and giving her a soft kiss on her lips before pulling away from her all together to lay down next to her, pulling her into him.

It was silent between the two as they laid their, their heart beats slowing down as their breathing went back to normal as they looked up at the stars.

“So now I have a question for you.” Brittany said after a few silent minutes.

She saw felt him nod his head and say a faint ‘anything’.

“Where does this put us? Like…are we still friends or…what?” she asked nervously, afraid that he might get mad at her for her question and storm off since their previous fight about what they were came rushing back into her mind.

“Whatever you want it to mean. I don’t want to pressure you into a relationship if your not ready. I’ll wait for you.” he said, moving away from her so he could look into her face and let her see that he was genuine about everything he just said.

She smiled up at him, looking at him adoringly before her smile widened even more.

“Well….considering you called yourself ‘My Man’ earlier tonight and the fact that you’ve kissed me three times within a matter of an hour…I think it’s safe to say that we’ve crossed that ‘just friends' line.”

He smiled at her from her statement and then asked, “So does that mean instead of putting ‘justa’ before the word ‘friend’ I can put ‘girl’ their instead?”

She laughed at his sentence and laughed even more at the fact that she understood everything he just said and nodded yes at him.

“I think you can.”

He let out a yell of excitement before pulling her face towards his to give her a kiss that ended way to quickly for her liking.

“Let’s go eat some more smores!” he said excitedly as he got up from the ground and then helped her up while she laughed.

“Sounds like a good idea. But first…I need a sweatshirt or something cuz I’m freezing.” she stated, having her teeth chatter a couple seconds later to solidify her request.

“I can just hold you close when we sit by the fire.” he said as he wrapped her in a hug and then picked her up while walking back towards the other side of the yard.

She let out small laugh and then nodded her head while she wrapped her legs around him to make it somewhat easier for him to carry her.

Today, October 26th, is by far the best day of my life!
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so.....I hope you liked this update and I know it's a little bit cliche so to speak that they finally got together, but I figured if I held off any longer that you guys would just get frustrated and bored. lol

Anyways, I hope you like it! Comment if you want! Which right now, before I forget, thank you to everyone who reads this and comments it. It just moved up to 8 stars! Yeah! : )

Also, thanks to Love.Life. Her and I made a deal so when she updates, I update. lol And since she did, I did. Go read her stories. I'm practically addicted to her Called You For The First Time today. (For all you Joe lovers) and for all you Nick lovers check out gearhah 's PSD Inc. It's really amazing as well. I love both of those stories! : )

I haven't found a Kevin story yet so if you've read a really good one....send it my way. lol