Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Fourteen

I haven’t spoken to Cris since the day that I called him. It was now the day before my meeting with Sir Alex. Nervous? Yes. Scared? A little. Doubtful? No, which I’m very proud of myself for. Fernando hadn’t asked me about my decision, probably not wanting me to stress over it and I appreciated it. I had already made up my mind and was sure that I won’t change it the last minute. Curious to know? Well, you just have to wait till I tell Nando and you will know then.

It was a Tuesday morning and I just arrived at Anfield stadium. I greeted Jen and went to my office. The team was training for their derby match against Everton. I really didn't have much to do and decided to watch them train. I checked to see if Jennifer was busy and she was and told me she would join me later. I nodded headed to the field.

Benitez seemed pissed off and worried. I wanted to ask him what was wrong when I approached him, but he already spoke up. "Is Kuyt in good shape to play on Saturday?" He asked me with his back turned to me.

"I would like to say yes, but I'm not sure yet. We have to wait till the day of the match to find out." I answered sadly.

Benitez sighed and walked towards the team and talked to a few players. I went to sit where the crowd usually does. I got the best seat and the view was way better than on the bench in my opinion of course. You could see every angle from here.

I watched how they were warming up by running a lap around the field and sprinting and stretching which was the best part! Hey, I can be as much perverted as the next person. You could see how fit the players were and all those muscles. Sure, I was Fernando's but couldn't help but look. I wasn't going to touch anyway, only when injured of course to check.

My eyes fell on the one who stole my heart. I was mostly watching him and how he moved every muscle in his body. Not long after, he caught my gaze and noticed me checking him out. Nando blushed and winked. I giggled and gave a small wave which he returned.

Then suddenly someone yelled out in pain. All out heads turned to the source of the voice. It turned out to be Babel. He was clutching his thigh and I rushed over to him as fast as I could. Everyone was surrounding him and I pushed passed them to reach Babel. I checked his leg and thigh and he kept saying it was just a cramp. The others left and went to their training while I massaged his thigh after applying a spray.

Soon after he got better and was able to walk. I patted his back and he thanked me. I went back to my seat and watched the training till it was over. Fernando walked over and sat down next to me. He pecked my lips before leaning back with his arm around my shoulders. "Nando, you stink!" I said jokingly and slapped his arm away.

"So? I don't mind when you're all sweaty and smelly."

I gasped then huffed turning to look away. Of course I wasn't mad and was just playing along. However, Fernando didn't seem to follow that. He thought I was upset and kept apologizing. I laughed looking at his face, it was priceless.

"You're mean!" He exclaimed then chugged on his water bottle.

"Aww, come here." I took his arm and put it around me as it was before. I brought his face to mine and gave him a sweet kiss. I felt him smile through the kiss and deepened it. He licked my bottom lip begging for entrance, but I was playing hard to get and didn't let him. Fernando groaned and pulled away to kiss my jaw and reach my neck. Soon after, he found my spot and I let gasped which he took advantage of and his tongue entered my mouth. We explored each other's mouths until breaking away for air.

We were breathing heavily and it took us a while to catch our breath. "It's been forever since we got this hot." He said out of nowhere which made me blush.

"I know. You've been busy a lot and I was stressed for the past two weeks." I got up and sat on his lap. "I really miss us." I said kissing his cheek.

"Me too. We should go out soon, how about tonight?" He asked grinning.

"Yeah tonight sound perfect." I grinned back and sighed looking at the field.

We just sat there in silence, enjoying each other's company. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was a soothing one. Suddenly he asked. "Do you remember the first time I asked you out?"

I smiled knowing he was looking at the same spot as I. "How can I forget? Xabi tricked me into coming out on the field, but now I'm glad he did that." It had been almost six months since we started dating. Relationships with me never lasted that long and I hoped this one would last longer if not forever.

"I've been meaning to ask you this, but I think now is the right time. I didn't want to pressure you before." He turned his gaze to me and asked "What are you going to say to Ferguson tomorrow? I was waiting for you to tell me, but I couldn't wait that long."

I sighed knowing he was right and Fernando should be at least the first one to know about my decision. I took a deep breath and looked at him. "I'm going to refuse the offer."

He looked at me surprised, but waited for me to tell the reason why. "I just can't leave here, I've build a life for the past six months and made friends, found love. I can't leave my friends, the team, this club and especially you. It would be hard on us if I left. Don't get me started on the press and fans, it would ruin your image and mine making our life hell and I won't let you and me live like that."

I let out a deep breath and searched his face for a reaction. He seemed to stare blankly at me and I nudged him a bit. "Nando? Say something." I urged getting scared and nervous.

Fernando grinned and hugged me tightly till I couldn't breath. "Can't...breath." He let go planting a rough kiss on my lips. "I thought you were going to leave. I'm still in shock that you're going to decline the job."

I laughed and helped him to snap out of it and calm down. "Well, I was going to accept then realized something and changed my mind. Don't worry though, I made up my mind and won't change it in the last minute." I assured him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe please!
Let me know what you think about this one.