Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Nineteen

Everything seemed to feel right. It had been in two months now since I accepted the job. The season of 2007-2008 was finally over. Although Liverpool didn’t win any titles, I was still proud of them. However, I was thrilled that Manchester United had won and by two points from Chelsea, it was nerve wrecking. I even called and talked to everyone on the team, minus Ronaldo of course, and congratulated them. They invited me to celebrate with them and as much as I wanted to I passed it knowing Cristiano he would pester me till I talk to him. However, I couldn’t not avoid him that long since I would be seeing him a lot in Austria for the Euro Cup and not to mention a whole season.

That should be the least of my worries now as tomorrow would be none other than Jennifer and Jamie’s wedding. They had already planned it since March and waited for the season to be over to finally tie the knot. Tonight was the bachelorette party and I helped the maid of honor, Jen’s sister Gina, to organize it. Jen insisted that we bring strippers. I was expecting her to say the opposite, I know I would. I had a feeling that it was going to be a fun night and I planned on getting hammered since we were going to stay at Jen’s.

I was in my room now packing my dress and some other clothes, make-up and shoes. Fernando offered to give me a ride since he was going to Jamie’s house which was twenty minutes away from Jen’s. He didn’t plan on staying there which meant he had to stay sober plus he was Xabi’s and Pepe’s ride home.

“What’s taking you so long?” Fernando groaned plopping down on my bed.

“I’m almost done, just checking if I packed everything.” I said zipping up the two bags.

“Right. You’re going to stay there only one night and taking two bags?” He grabbed one expecting it to be light and lost balance. “Woah! What you did you pack in these? Rocks?”

I rolled my eyes and said “Don’t be such a girl, Nando. I can carry both bags just fine. I’m just surprised you’re complaining when you’re stronger than me.” I was about to take the bags when Fernando stopped me with his hands. “Fernando!...Stop!” He was tickling me knowing well my ticklish spots. I fell back on the bed laughing hard at the point of losing my breath.

He got on top of me still tickling and I tried my best to fight him off but to no avail. “Take it back.”

“No!” I said firmly then he tickled me harder. “Torres, stop!...We’re…going…to be…late.” I managed to say in between laughs.

“Then say that I’m the sexiest footballer you’ve ever seen!”

“You’re the sexiest footballer I’ve ever seen!” I yelled out and he stopped smirking. I quickly got up and grabbed one bag and before I left the room I said “You know that I said that just so you’d stop, right?” And with that I made a run for it, thankfully I wasn’t wearing heels thought Fernando was way faster than me and caught up with me once I reached the living room.

“Don’t tickle me again!” I warned him as he wrapped his arms around me not letting me escape his grasp.

“I won’t promise…But I’m hurt that you don’t think I’m sexy.” He pouted and I rolled my eyes.

“Well you are sexy, just not the sexiest I’ve ever seen.” I gave him an innocent smile and he scoffed.

“Right, I’m not going to ask who since we’re going to be late and I don’t feel like ripping that guy’s head off.” Fernando said sounding pissed and took the bag from hands and the other was already in his. He was about to head out, but I pulled his arm. “I was just playing with you. Come on don’t be like that.”

He pulled his arm back and left my apartment heading to his car. I just shook my head and followed him. The drive was silent and neither the radio was on. The only thing I wondered why he got all worked up for such a silly thing. I glanced at him and he had a blank expression which made me sigh and say “Would you just get over it, God!”

I noticed he was biting his lip to stop from laughing and I glared at him. “Fernando! And I thought you were mad at me. Thanks, you’re a sweetheart.”

That was it and he burst out laughing. I just shook my head at how childish he was earlier, though it was pretty funny when he acts that way. A small smile tugged on my lips and Fernando noticed it. “See, you can’t stay mad at me even if you tried. And I was just playing your game, love.”

I nodded not bothering to look at him. He took my hand and gently squeezed it to get me to look at him and I did. He gave me that smile that made the girls melt, including me. I smiled back then turned my gaze back to the road.

“Before I forget, no strippers Rachel!” Fernando said out of the blue.

“What? Hey now, there’s going to be strippers at Jamie’s party too. Don’t act like you don’t know.” I got defensive for no reason. I wasn’t going to dance with the strippers anyway, but when I’m drunk anything can happen. Yes, I could hold my drink but tonight I planned on getting hammered. It had been ages since I partied like crazy, you could say since college.

“You think I’m going to have fun at the party? With the strippers? I’m staying sober not because I’m driving them home but to keep an eye on Xabi before he does something stupid like cheating on his girlfriend.” He said truthfully and I believed him.

And to think I was counting on Xabi to make sure no stripper got near Fernando. “No, but….No, I trust you. It’s the strippers that I don’t trust. Believe me even if it is Jamie’s party, they’ll still be all over you guys.” The jealousy kicked in.

“I know, love. Don’t worry everything will be fine. Now back to you…” I groaned.

“You actually think that I would prefer a stripper over you?”

“That’s not it. The problem is you getting drunk. Remember last time? You flirted with yourself by looking at the mirror.” He said chuckling while I got red as a tomato.

“Alright point taken. I’ll try my best to behave.” We had arrived already and I kissed his cheek before getting out of the car and taking the bags.

“Have fun! But not too much.”

I smiled “You too.” I blew him a kiss and made my way to the front door. I rang the doorbell and an excited Jen opened the door and yanked me in.

“We are going to have so much fun! Come on I’ll show you your room and get settled quick the others are on their way.”

I greeted her sister and a few others I recognized to be bridesmaids. “Here it is. Hurry up and join us downstairs.” She said with a huge grin and skipped back down.

I shook my head laughing at how giddy she was. I don’t blame her though, any girl would be that happy to get married. I put away my stuff checked my make-up before joining the girls downstairs.

*Fernando's P.O.V.*

I arrived at Jamie’s house and saw many cars already parked outside. Most of the guests were already there and I shrugged not caring. I knocked on the door and Jamie opened it with a huge grin. “Fernando! Come in, mate.” He pulled me in and I glanced around. It was an all men’s party; you could see smoke and beer everywhere not to mention some were watching football.

“Finally, you made it!” Xabi approached me and handed me a beer which was going to be only drink I was going to have that night. “I’m so glad you volunteered to stay sober, thanks amigo.”

“I didn’t. You made me, remember?” I said glaring at him.

“Whatever, you’re a good guy. Even if I just asked you would have said yes.” He smirked.

“Yeah, yeah…” I took a sip of my beer and mingled.

After a few hours, someone called out “Stripper time!” And everyone cheered. I noticed how they got excited and were waiting impatiently though Jamie was the first one to get a dance. Just as the strippers were about to show, the doorbell rang. Everyone looked at one another confused and me being one of them.

“I’ll get that.” Steven volunteered and headed to the door.

Once he opened it he said “What are you doing here? You’re not invited!” His tone was aggressive and I was about to join Steven when the mystery person pushed past Steven and entered…Ronaldo.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :)
comments = love!