Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Nineteen

*Fernando's P.O.V.*

I stopped halfway watching him walk in to the house and glanced around abruptly. He was searching for a tall, blond haired and freckled guy which happened to be me. His eyes landed on me within seconds and he smirked. I really didn’t feel like fighting with him again. He was ruining my teammate’s night and mine’s also. I noticed that he had stitches on his nose which made me feel a bit better though that feeling washed away as soon as it came. I didn’t say anything and was waiting for him to speak while my fists tightened at my sides. The others although drunk stood up, waiting for a spark to ignite a fire. In other words, attack him.

Out of nowhere, Xabi came beside with an angry expression and started to cuss in Spanish ready to lunge at him but I grabbed both of his arms and pulled him back. He tried to escape my hold and boy he was strong when drunk! However, I managed to keep a firm grasp until some of the guys took him.

“What? No hello? Your friend over there seemed more welcoming than you.” He finally spoke with an amused look and tilted his head towards Xabi’s direction.

“You have no business, so leave! You have no right to be here.” I said firmly yet as calm as I could.

The little devil laughed shaking his head. “I’m here to make things even, you stepped on my territory and I stepped on yours.” He took two steps forward.

“Are you kidding me? This is a private party and it’s not even close. I came to Old Trafford for a reason and I didn’t crash someone’s party there.” I was getting pissed every time he opened his mouth to speak.

“I couldn’t find any other time to come here so it seems like the perfect time just now.” Ronaldo took a few more steps standing just one foot away from me. “I also came here to finish what you started the last time.”

I wasn’t fast enough to block his fist from hitting my face, more likely my left eye. I put my hand covering it and winced at the pain it had caused. He was about to give me another punch, but I blocked it this time and punched his ribs. However, the fight stopped right there as a few players stopped the both of us while we carried on to break from their hold. After knowing we couldn’t, he gave up first calming down and I followed his movements. The guys let go of him, but still keeping their eyes on him not sure of his later actions.

Ronaldo seemed to have calmed down and fixed his shirt, dusting off the imaginary dusts on it. “This isn’t the last you’ve heard of me.” With that he left abruptly and Steven who had been clinging at the doorknob the whole time closed the door behind him.

Everybody looked at me with shock and confusion written on their faces along with worry. I shrugged it off and said nothing knowing full well they understood what went along earlier. I headed to the kitchen to deal with my eye. I opened the freezer and to my luck I found a steak. Carefully I placed it on my eye and winced at the pain along with the coolness of the meat. The good thing about all of this was that there was no press around. The party went on normally, but I spaced out and too caught up in my thoughts and in pain to even enjoy it. All that I kept thinking was, how was I going to explain this to Rachel?

*Rachel's P.O.V.*

The party was so much fun! We danced, drunk, talked and I even met a few people mostly WAGs. Some of them were snobs, but I tried to avoid them as much as I could. I was drunk! Mission accomplished. I couldn’t stand straight so I mostly sat down and talked. The girls I was hanging out with were Nagore, Yolanda, Jennifer and Gina. Nagore, Yolanda and I were the bridesmaids, Jennifer the bride of course and Gina the maid of honor.
We talked about the wedding and the honeymoon. Apparently, they were going to travel around Asia which I found it fun and interesting. They were leaving the next day and would be back in a month.

After a couple of hours, it was time for the strippers. Even though I was hammered, I still felt weird about the show but kind of excited. I cheered along with the rest of the girls as two male strippers danced around Jen and slowly stripped their clothes in a teasing manner. We could all notice how red Jen was getting then loosened a bit and enjoyed it. After a few minutes, the others joined them and started dancing around the guys occasionally feeling them up and grinding against them. I followed the girls’ actions and did the same not feeling any guilt at all.

The next morning, I woke up with a huge headache and groaned falling back on the bed. I sighed getting up and heading to the kitchen to get some aspirin and a glass of water. I couldn’t remember a thing that happened last night other than drinking and dancing and talking to the girls. After a while, the pain was gone and I was glad. The others woke up in the same state that I was earlier.

It was almost noon, so we didn’t have much time to waste. I grabbed an apple and munched on it as the hairdressers and make-up artists came to the house. Each had its own hairdresser and make-up artist to speed things up. It took a couple of hours then we got in our dresses and heels waiting for the photographer.

I kept glancing at Jennifer and observing her. She wasn’t nervous at all, quite the opposite actually. The girl was on top of the world! I was expecting her to be a little tense, but she wasn’t even close to that. She was enjoying every minute of it, getting her pictures taken around the house, with us and her family.

And now finally, it was time. Jennifer got in the limo along with Gina and we followed her with our cars, but since I didn’t come with mine I went with one of the girls. I remembered that I haven’t spoken to Fernando nor did I check my phone that day. Thankfully, I didn’t forget it at the house and pulled it out to see ten missed calls and three messages all from him. I dialed his number ignoring the messages and waited for him to pick up.

After five rings he finally answered. “Rachel! Thank God. I thought something happened to you.”

“No, no I’m fine. I’m so sorry. I didn’t check my phone today, woke up late and was in a hurry to get ready. I can’t believe I forgot.” I mentally slapped myself.

“It’s alright. I just wanted to let you know that I was going to pick you up, but I’m guessing you’re already on your way.”

I chuckled slightly “Yeah, you’re at the church now right?”

“Mhm, waiting for the bride…She’s not going to back down, is she?” He asked concerned.

I laughed “No, that girl’s so happy I thought she was high.”

“Oh wow! Same goes to Jamie, though he’s a little nervous which is fine we’re trying to calm him down.” He paused a bit then said “I miss you, Rachel.”

“I miss you too.” I bit my lip excited to see him. “We’re almost there, another fifteen minutes. Just to make sure, you’re my escort right?”

He chuckled “Yes, I am. I’ll be waiting at the door.” His last sentence didn’t match the first one which was with a happy and excited tone. I felt something was wrong and asked.

“Nando, what’s wrong?”

Fernando didn’t answer, obviously trying to think of something to say probably a lie. “Nothing. It’s nothing, don’t worry about it.”

“So, there is something.” When he told me not to worry he gave it away. Something was up with him. The thought of him cheating on me with a stripper crossed my mind, but I wouldn’t believe that. Fernando wasn’t the cheating type, was he? When someone tells you not to worry, you can’t help but do the opposite.

“I can’t tell you right now, but you will find out soon. I promise.”

I believed him and muttered “Ok. See you.”

Right before I hung up he said those three words I always wanted to hear. “I love you.”
That made me smile like always. “I love you too.” With that I hung up and looked at the mirror to make sure everything looked perfect and nothing ruined.

Ten minutes passed and we finally arrived. We were supposed to enter before the bride as she was still seated in the limo. I searched for Fernando while still in the car and spotted that blond you can’t miss. He was facing the church with his back turned to us. I slowly got out of the car and walked up to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind and whispered in his ear “If you look this good from the back, God knows how hot you look from the front.”

His body tensed and I felt that still having my arms around him. Fernando didn’t turn around nor did he answer me. He just put his hands on top of mine rubbing them. “You really want to see my looks up front?”

I chuckled lightly at how silly he was. “Yes, of course. What, I’m not allowed to look at my wonderful boyfriend?”

Fernando sighed not saying anything. He squeezed my hands then pulled them apart so he could turn around. I already had a grin wanting to see him so badly. I couldn’t go a day without seeing that adorable face of his. Once he faced me, my grin fell. I didn’t know what to feel. Shocked? Angry? Hurt? Pity? Confused? How about all those emotions mixed together? Yes, that’s how I felt at that moment.

His gaze dropped from mine as he noticed my grin disappear once he showed me his face. I grabbed both sides of his face and ran my thumb over his bluish purple eye and he winced slightly. “How did this happen? Does it hurt a lot? This looks nasty…Sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.”

Fernando cracked a smile then said “No you’re right. It does look nasty and horrible. Not so much. I put a steak on it last night the swelling was gone when I woke up, but it still hurts though better than yesterday.”

I nodded noticing that he didn’t answer my first question yet. I waited for him to do answer, but he sighed shaking his head. “I’ll tell you everything later. It’s their day let’s just focus on them.” He grabbed my hand to drag me in, but I pulled back.

“I just want to know one thing…Was it an accident?”

Fernando looked away again trying to find something to say. He knew better than to lie to me, so he gave up with a sigh then said “No, it wasn’t.”

I just nodded not questioning him any further. He let go of my hand wrapping it around my waist and pulling me closer to him and whispered in my ear. “Might I say, Miss, you look ravishing and breathtaking in that dress and even more without it I’m sure.”

I blushed pushing him away playfully then pecked his lips lightly. “Thank you. Now let’s go, it’s been a while since I’ve been to a wedding.”

He laughed and we entered the church. The scene was breathtaking! The decoration and the church inside were amazing. It was the perfect big wedding! During the whole ceremony, I couldn’t help but think when my time would come to walk down the aisle with my father who will give me away to Fer-my husband. I glanced down at the promise ring Fernando gave me and smiled. I looked up to see him grinning at me and winked with his good eye. He still looked handsome even with a beaten eye.I just grinned back and watched the ceremony wondering if Fernando was the one. I know I was only 22 and still young and wanted to be at least 24 or 25 to get married. However, life is short as people say. Should I believe that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, I worked hard on this one.
So, your thoughts?