Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Two

I woke up the next day and took a shower feeling refreshed. I got changed and then went to work. I did the regular paper works and then soon came lunch. Jennifer came into my office and we went to lunch. Eventually, she brought up about what happened yesterday.

“Xabi told me that Fernando liked me then I saw him dancing really close with some girl.” I told her while I pictured it in my head.

“Oh, well what he told you is true. He really likes you, Rach.” She assured me. “He keeps going on and on about you, like today.”

“Why would he like me if he has a girlfriend?”

“Oh she, Nando was going to break up with her before he met you. But I guess he didn’t yet.”

“Can we change the subject?” I said feeling annoyed.

She nodded then after lunch we went back to work. An hour before I was supposed to go home someone knocked on my door.

“It’s open.” I said while looking at some papers.

It was Xabi; he entered my office then closed the door behind him. He had a smile on his face which made me curious as though why.

“What are you smiling about?” I asked him and looked at him straight in the eyes to see if he’s going to tell me the truth.

“Oh nothing, when do you finish work? I want to show you something.”

“In an hour, what are you going to show?”

“I can’t tell. Meet me at the stadium when you finish.” He said then left my office leaving me
to think what he was up to.

Finally, I was done with my work. I grab my jacket and go to the stadium. I looked around trying to find Xabi but no luck. Then I decided to go to the pitch. Still no one was there. There was a football around the corner. So, I grabbed it and started to dribble then started to comment myself.

“Rachel keeps going forward but seems to be blocked. Fortunately, she manages to continue, then she shoots and she scores.”

I heard clapping coming from behind. I turned around to see Fernando.

“I didn’t know you can play.” He said slowly walking up to me.

“Well there are a lot of things you don’t know about me.” I told him then passed the ball to him.

“Then why don’t you tell me at dinner tonight.”

I was shocked that he was asking me out. I remembered that I was supposed to meet him here then I realized that he tricked me just so I would talk to Fernando.

“I can’t believe he did this” I thought to myself.

Nando was waiting for my reply. I wasn’t sure if I should go or not.

“I guess I’ll go.” I answered finally.

“Great, let’s go.” He smiled then grabbed my hand and we went to his car and he drove off.
He pulled over some restaurant and we went inside. Until our dinner came, like promised, I
told him about myself.

“I was born in London, but I live in Liverpool because my work is here.”

“Cool, so how old are you?”

“I’m 22.”

“Wow I thought that you might be older.” He said to me with a surprised face.

“Why do I like look like I’m old?”

“Oh no, not at all. It’s just that I’ve never seen a doctor this young.”

“Yeah well I was good at school.” I explained to him then our dinner came and we started to eat.

We talked even more and I started to enjoy dinner. He seemed to be fun and has a great sense of humor. After this he took me home.

“I have to admit I had fun tonight.” I said getting out of the car.

“Me too, I finally got to know you better.” He followed me to the door.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” I said to him but before I entered my house, he grabbed my hand, spun me around and kissed me.

I was surprised at that first then kissed him back. Then I remembered that he has a girlfriend but since he was going to break up with her there’s no harm in just a kiss. We pulled away and I smiled then said goodbye to him and went to sleep dreaming about Fernando.

The next morning I was feeling great. I took a long shower then got dressed. On my way to work I grabbed a newspaper and guess who made the front page. Me. It was me and Fernando kissing yesterday and the headline read “FERNANDO CHEATING ON OLALLA?” I wasn’t expecting from the paparazzi to follow us. I felt bad for Olalla even though I never liked her. I went straight to work and in my office I saw Jennifer waiting for me. I had a questionable look on my face then she showed me the newspaper.

“Oh, I already saw that.” I sat on my chair acting like nothing happened.

“How come you didn’t tell me that you went out with him?”

When I was going to respond to her, someone came running into my office. It was Xabi. He had a huge grin on his face.

“Did you girls see the front page of the paper?” he asked enthusiastically.

“Yeah we did and what’s your point.” I snapped at him.

“My point is that my plan worked. I told you that he likes you.” He pointed out.

“Then why does he still have a girlfriend?” When I asked that I heard yelling.

The three of us got out to see Ollala yelling at Fernando. He didn’t answer to her until she was done.

“Look, I already wanted to break up with you before I even met her.”

At that she slapped him across the face and stormed out. Fernando held his cheek then turned around to see the whole team looking at him. He just shook his head and went to the locker room.

“Come on let’s go, I’ll let you get in the locker room.” Xabi grabbed my arm and dragged me over there.

“Why are you being so pushy? He just got out of a relationship; you don’t expect him to bounce back.” I said when we arrived in front of the locker room.

“Look, just try okay. He won’t be mad if he got out of a relationship he wanted to end a long time ago. He should be glad by now. Just go.”

I had to admit that he was somewhat right. I nod then take a deep breath and enter the locker room. I saw him taking some stuff out of his bag. I go and sit down on a bench and he notices me.

“I’m really sorry at what happened back there…” He cut my off by saying.

“It’s not your fault; it’s me I should have broken up with her a long time ago. I didn’t want it to turn out like this but it did. Though I’m glad that it’s over.” He explained to me then closed his locker and smiled at me.

“What? Is there something on my face?”

“No you’re perfect.” He leaned in and kissed me while I here clapping out of the locker room. I pulled away to see that all of the players were standing there. I blushed a little seeing that they had to get in the locker room and that they were waiting me to leave. I kissed him again then leave and go to my office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry Ronaldo's gonna be in the next chap xD
comment so I can update.