Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Twenty-Two

Spain never lost. They kept winning every match. I was very proud and supportive all the way. The Spain NT has finally reached the quarter finals. I didn’t go to any of Portugal’s games, not wanting to deal with any more drama. I kept in touch with Nani and a few of his teammates. They’re also in the quarter finals against Germany. The game was tonight, Spain’s match was in three days. I never liked the German team. Don’t get me wrong, they have wonderful players, but I’ve grown to hate them because my parents do. Like most British families, my family’s a football fanatic. They also support Manchester United.

I was thinking of going to the game that night. I had kind of missed Nani and it was a tough match, they needed the support. Besides, we slowly became best friends and I wanted to see and talk to him at least every day. Annoying I know, but the guy was addicting. Don’t ask.

“Nando?” I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind while he was sitting on the couch. “Can we go to the game tonight?”

“Why? We all know that Germany will win.” He said nonchalantly.

“But I want to!” Fernando knew how close I got to Nani that made him a bit worried. “Come on. It’s an intense match and I don’t want to miss it.”

“We’ll watch it on TV.” He was as cool as ice.

“Ugh! You’re impossible! Just say yes…I know you want to go.” I whispered in his hair nibbling his earlobe which made him shiver slightly. I ran my hands on his chest through his shirt making him cave.

“Alright, alright we’ll go. You owe me!” He said smirking and leaned in for a kiss.

I pulled away before his lips touched mine. “Great. Let me change and we’ll go.”

He sighed heavily and turned his attention to the TV. I went to put on my Nani jersey and applied some light make-up then was ready to go. By now, I cared less if Ronaldo saw me or not. I was going to the game to support my best friend. I doubted if he saw me he would approach me since Fernando won’t leave me alone for a second.

“You’re not leaving my sight, you hear me?”

See what did I tell you? He treats me like a child.

“Yes, I know…I’m not a child Fernando so stop treating me like one.” I said annoyed and got out of the car.

“Sorry, but I’m just looking out for you.” He swung an arm on my shoulders as we entered the stadium. I responded with a nod while observing the arena. The crowd was unbelievable. The stadium was full, there were no empty seats. All German and Portugal fans were there ready to watch the game.

“Hey, um…I’ll be right back. Just want to wish him good luck.” I kissed Nando’s cheek quickly and sped off before he could object.

It didn’t take me long to spot Nani. He was rubbing his hands and muttering a few words to himself. Without scaring him this time I walked up beside him. “Hey.”

Once seeing me, he pulled me in a tight hug. “Ok, can’t breathe.” He laughed letting me go.

“I came here to wish you good luck. I know the German’s are hard to beat, but do your best. I know you can do it.” I said with a smile and rubbed his hands to calm him.

“Thank you. I’m still not sure about this.” Nani was worried.

“Oh, don’t say that! You guys can do it.” I glanced at the others and said it out loud for them to hear as well. They all gave me a slight nod and some mumbled a ‘thank you’.

Before I could carry on, I spotted Ronaldo approaching. “I have to go.” I made a run for it, but no use as I heard him calling me and stopped by grabbing my arm.

“Rachel, wait! I wanted to talk to you…”

“NO! Leave me alone, Ronaldo. I don’t want anything to do with you and don’t apologize it wouldn’t work. You’ve got an important match right now. So good luck and good bye!” I stormed off leaving a confused and upset Ronaldo in the hallway.

Once I reached my seat, Fernando noticed my flushed face and anger but didn’t question. He just took my hand giving it a kiss before holding it. I smiled at him which he returned and we turned our attention to the game.

Portugal 2-3 Germany

They lost. Fernando looked indifferent, but I was upset for my best friend. They had played so well, but couldn’t win in the end. I left Nando and told him to meet me in the car while I went to console Nani. He was in tears which made me tear up as well. I pulled him into a long hug. “Let it out.”

He started to say things while sobbing until he was out of tears. His eyes were bloodshot from sobbing. “There’s always next time.” I said with a small smile.

He laughed a bit which was a good sign. Nani then nodded and gave me a final hug. “I’ll see you in Manchester.” He said with a wink then I headed to the car.

“Are you ok?” Fernando asked concerned and rubbed my back.
“Yeah, I’m good.”

“Good, because you still owe me.” He ran his hand from my leg up to my thigh.

“Oh? What do you want me to do?”

He leaned in and whispered dirty things your mother won’t like to hear. “I never knew you could do that!”

Fernando started the car and smirked. “You’ll see.”