Status: In progress of next chapter. :)

Intuition.

0001.

Frank’s POV.
I stood at the gate and looked at the house in front of me. It was extremely white. Annoyingly white, even. My Dad came over and stood next to me and looked at it with me.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” he smiled, nudging me.

“It’ll do,” I mumbled. He either didn’t pick up on the tone of my voice or he ignored it. I doubt he picked up on it. I pushed open the iron gate and walked up to the front door which was already open, revealing the moving company workers assembling our furniture.

I took three steps in and looked around. In front of me was a huge staircase, leading to the second level where our rooms where. To my left was a kitchen and my right, a lounge room. There were workers bustling around everywhere.

“Frank.”

I turned to my Dad. “Yeah?”

“I have to go to the hospital now. Will you be right by yourself?” he asked, a small, almost proud, smile on his face.

“Yeah, Dad. I’ll be fine,” I replied, faking a smile back. He ruffled my hair and turned to stride out of the house, down to his car. I watched him drive away with a small frown.

“Hey kid, get out the way,” one of the workmen puffed. I quickly darted out of the way; he was helping to carry the grand piano.

“Sorry,” I murmured. I looked around one more time at the chaos around me before taking the stairs two at a time to my room. My room was already unpacked and only had a few finishing touches that needed to be done.

To someone else it would’ve looked like something from an asylum cell. To me, it was normal. Dad and I never stayed in the one place for long. Fifteen cities in seven years. I was eight years old when we first moved away from where I was born. And we’ve never gone back.

I was surprised that Dad always put all his medical certificates and awards up in his study though. He had so many of them; it took nearly a whole day to put them all up when I was doing it. I’d only done it once. Since then I’d left it to the moving company people.

I never bothered with anything like that. My room always remained bare. No posters, no pictures, nothing. The only things I kept in my room nowadays were essentials.

“Hey kid.” It was the guy from before. “Could you just give us a quick hand? The piano’s gone funny on us and I don’t think Mr. Iero would be too happy about it if we don’t figure it out.”

“The piano’s mine, not his. What have you done to it?” I replied, frowning.

“It don’t sound right, is all.”

I walked past the guy and marched downstairs to where they had placed the piano. I pressed a key, aware of the man’s curious gaze, and frowned. It didn’t sound normal. I pressed the key again and then looked under the piano at the pedals. One of them was caught. I bent down and expertly fixed the pedal then pressed the key again.

“There. It’s fixed,” I said, already walking back up to my room.

“Thanks, kid!” he shouted after me.

“Don’t call me kid,” I grumbled, knowing full well that he couldn’t hear me.

Back in my room, I absentmindedly chose out an outfit for school the following week. Flopping down on my bed, I closed my eyes. A new city, a new house, a new school, a new hospital for Dad to work at, another city to check off my list.