Status: In progress of next chapter. :)

Intuition.

0003.

The rest of the lesson passed slowly. I was glad about that though because the teacher, Miss Brown, was excellent. She was extremely nice and had the ability to get anyone excited about English let alone a student who thoroughly enjoys the subject like I do.

She asked us about reading, like who read out of school. Only a few hands shot up. But then she went into a rant about reading, explaining that even a magazine or searching the internet was reading. By then, everyone’s hands were in the air and everyone was excited.

I was kind of sad when the class did end though. I had science next. It wasn’t my best subject, much to Dad’s disappointment. He’s just glad I’m actually still trying at school though.

I walked the halls with many curious eyes on me. It was unsettling, but I stayed true to my confident exterior. The science lab smelt of bleach and looked extremely clean. Too clean, even. I took a seat up the back again and watched as more students filed in and took their seats.

Some I recognised from English but most of them were unfamiliar. One stood out though, he looked like he would be the ‘it’ guy. I watched him closely for a while until the teacher strolled in.

“Okay class, give me no trouble and this year will run smoothly for you all,” the teacher announced, his voice booming off the walls for such a frail looking old man. “I understand we have a new student this year. No doubt you will all make him feel welcome.”

I was waiting for him to tell me to get up and introduce myself but the words never left his mouth.

“Now, we’re doing a semester on chemistry, don’t like it then get a transfer to another class. Is that clear?”

There was a chorus of mumbled, yeses before the teacher turned to one of the boys I had noticed when he first walked in.

“Mr. Way! Would you kindly remove your hand from Miss Ballato’s thigh? Thank you.”

The class giggled and threw knowing glances at the boy and girl. The boy in front of me sniggered, “Nice one, Gerard.”

Gerard turned and smirked at him.

“Is there something amusing, Mr. Way?”

“No Mr. Smith. Please continue,” Gerard retorted, smirk still in place. Mr. Smith glared at him for a few moments before continuing. I wasn’t really listening though; I was too busy trying to think of ways to become friends with Gerard Way