Alone

Eleven

After a good night’s rest, Joe decided that Frankie deserved a day out around town before their flight to Virginia. After everything he’d been through these past two weeks, Joe figured it would be good for him.

Plus, he really needed to talk to Frank about Kevin and Nick. Even though he said he knew, Joe needed to explain it himself. He needed to make sure Frankie knew exactly what was happening with his brothers. He owed him that much.

So far, they been out for an early breakfast and made a stop at a local park. Frankie insisted on Joe pushing him on the swings.

“But Frank, your ten, man. You’re too old for me to push you.”

Looking up at his big brother, Frankie did what any ten year old did when they wanted to get their way, he pouted, knowing Joe would give in.

“Dang it, Frank, what is with you and Nick and those darn puppy dog eyes.” He muttered the whole way over to the swings.

Frankie grinned as he followed behind Joe.

An hour later and Joe was exhausted.

“There is no way I had this much energy when I was ten.” He whined as they made their way back to the SUV and Big Rob.

After a quick lunch, which was eaten in the backseat of the SUV, Joe saw that they had time for one more stop before the headed to the airport.

“Hey, Frank, how about some ice cream?” He asked, already knowing his little brothers answer.

“YES!” Frankie practically screamed causing Joe and Big Rob to laugh.

Twenty minutes and three ice creams later, they were on their way to the airport.

“Uh, hey Frank. You mind if we talk for a bit?” Joe asked.

“Sure. What about?”

Glancing up, Joe saw that Big Rob was nodding his head, encouraging Joe to continue.

“Its about Kevin and Nick. Frank, what exactly do you think you know about them?”

Looking up at Joe, Frankie spoke.

“They love each other. What else is there to know? Mya said love was love and you agreed. If they love each other, then who cares.” He said, firmly.

“But Frankie, do you really know what that means?”

“What? What love means? Joe, I’m ten. I hardly know what anything really is, but I’m learning. I get it. Kevin and Nick are brothers who love each other. I know I can’t tell anyone about them. Mya said no one would accept them. But I do. They are my brothers and I love them.” Frankie stopped, took a breath and went on. “Is that right?”

Joe smiled.

“You’re wrong on one part there, buddy. I think you know more than most people who are older than you are.” Reaching over, Joe ruffled Frankie’s hair.

In the front seat, Big Rob was smiling like a loon.

KevinxNick

After completely wearing themselves out, both Kevin and Nick slept peacefully through the night.

Kevin woke first the next morning. He couldn’t help a smile from forming on his face when he looked down and saw that Nick was still sleeping, his head resting on Kevin’s chest.

“I could defiantly get used to this.” He muttered to himself.

Seeing that it was still early, Kevin gently moved Nick off of him. He had things to do today and even though he’d love nothing more than to stay in bed all day with Nick, he needed to get things ready for Frankie’s arrival.

Nick needed to rest anyway.

Quietly closing the door behind him, Kevin made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Grabbing a drink from the fridge, he picked up the phone as he passed by it. Dialing Joe’s number, he waited for him to answer.

Instead of hearing Joe’s voice, Kevin was surprised to hear Frankie on the other end of the phone.

“Hello?” He whispered.

“Frankie?”

“Kevin!” This time, Frankie practically screamed. Kevin could only laugh.

“Hey, little bro.”

“Oh my gosh, Kevin! I miss you! Did you know I’m coming to live with you? Joe came and got me last night. Then this morning, he took me for breakfast and then to the park and he even stopped and got me ice cream.”

Kevin knew if he didn’t stop smiling, his cheeks would soon end up sore.

“Frank, Frankie, slow down buddy. I can tell that Joe got you ice cream. Just how many scoops did he let you have?”

“THREE!” Frankie screamed over the phone.

“Well then, I guess I’ll be having a talk with our brother, won’t I? Too much sugar is not a good thing.”

Frankie laughed.

“So, Frank, how come you’re answering Joe’s phone?”

“Oh, Joe’s asleep. We’ve been on the plane for a while now and he like passed out as soon as he sat down. He’s actually drooling a little bit. Should I wake him up?”

Kevin tried not to laugh at the image Frankie just put into his head. The great Joe Jonas, asleep and drooling all over his little brother. Hilarious.

“No, little bro. Let him sleep. I was just calling to see if you guys caught your flight.”

“Yep. Big Rob made sure we were on time. Said you’d have his head if we missed it.”

Seconds passed before Kevin spoke again.

“All right the bro, I’m gonna go. Gotta get your room ready. Tell Joe the driver will pick you guys up from the airport when you land.”

“Ok, Kev. See you soon!” Frankie hung up before Kevin could say anything else.

Shaking his head, he smiled. Kevin couldn’t wait for Frankie to get here. He’d missed his little brother.

Deciding that he wasn’t going to get anything done by sitting around all day, Kevin made his way back upstairs, intent on showering and dressing.

No sooner than stepping into his room, Kevin was nearly knocked to the ground.

Seems Nick had woken up since Kevin had been downstairs. He’s also taken a shower, since he was now dripping all over Kevin.

“Nicky, what the heck?” Kevin sputtered and laughed.

“Woke up alone. Didn’t like it. Decided your punishment was showering alone this morning so I jumped in and took one already.” Nick smirked.

Kevin’s jaw dropped in shock.

“Oh you are such a little devil!”

Letting go of Kevin and stepping back, Nick smiled.

“Why did I wake up alone, Kev?” He asked, smile dropping.

Shaking his head, Kevin grabbed Nick by his shoulders and pulled him close.

“Baby J, it was way to early when I woke up. I knew you needed your rest. I just went down stairs to call Joe. You know how he is. I was just making sure they caught their flight.”

Relaxing, Nick leaned into Kevin.

“Oh. Did they?” He asked.

“Yep. Only Joe didn’t answer his phone, Frankie did.”

At the mention of their younger brother, Nick’s face lit up.

“Are they ok?”

“Yep. Frank’s on a sugar high though. Seems Joe took him out for ice cream before their flight. Joe, however, is dead asleep. Frankie must have worn him out.”

Nick laughed, he could just picture Joe running around after Frankie all day.

“I was thinking about running into town, maybe pick up some things we need for Frankie’s room. Wanna go with me?” Kevin asked, already knowing Nick’s answer.

Nick rolled his eyes.

“Did you seriously just ask me that? Of course I want to go with you.”

“Good. Now, how about you head on down stairs, eat something and check your blood sugar. I’m gonna take a quick shower and then we’ll go.”

Reaching up, Nick placed a quick kiss on his lovers lips before dashing off towards the kitchen.

Kevin could only stand and watch. Smiling, he made his way into the bathroom.

KevinxNick

It was the constant pocking in his side that woke Joe from his sleep. Groaning, he opened his eyes and looked over to Frankie.

“Its about time. God, it takes forever to wake you.” Frankie complained.

“Frank, usually when someone’s sleeping, it means they’re tired. Little man, you wore me out today. The least you could do is let me sleep.” Joe complained.

“But Joe, the pilot said we were landing soon.”

Hearing this Joe perked up.

“Oh thank God.”

It was another twenty minutes before the plane actually landed, giving Joe enough time to almost fall back asleep.

“JOE!” Frankie screamed in his ear, causing Joe to jump and nearly fall out of his seat.

“Damn it, Frankie, what the hell?!”

Joe knew he was in trouble when he saw the smirk on Frankie’s face.

“Oh, you are in so much trouble when I tell Kevin you cussed around me.”

Joe’s jaw dropped.

Frankie was still laughing at Joe as they got off of the plane.

KevinxNick

Kevin and Nick ended up spending the better part of the day in town, buying things to go in Frankie’s room.

Since Frankie’s room was one that Kevin hadn’t furnished yet, it needed everything.

Two hours in the furniture store, another hour and a half at the local Wal-Mart buying sheets, blankets, toys and way too many video games, Kevin was exhausted. Nick, however, was still full of energy.

They did makes it home though, just in time to meet the delivery men who unloaded the bed and dressers.

They spent another two hours setting everything up. Making sure everything was just right for Frankie’s arrival.

Everything was going fine until Kevin and Nick finally came across something they disagreed on.

“But Kev, he’s ten, he needs a TV in his room.” Nick whined.

“No, Nick, he doesn’t. For the same reason, he’s just ten. If we give him his own TV we’ll never see him.”

“But Kevin…”

“Nick, you’re acting like its your room we’re talking about here. And in case you missed it, I have a huge TV in our room. So please, stop whining, you remind me of Joe.”

Nick stopped completely. With wide eyes, he turned to face Kevin.

“What did you just say?” He whispered.

“Um, I..I don’t know.” Kevin was confused.

“Kevin, you just called it ‘our’ room.”

“Yeah. And your point it?”

“Since when is it our room?”

Kevin couldn’t help but smile.

“Since last night, baby. After that, there’s no way I’m letting you sleep in another room.” Pressing a quick kiss to Nick’s lips, Kevin pulled back.

“Now, let’s get busy. We’ve still got a lot to set up and if the plane was on time, Joe and Frank should be here any minute.”

Nick couldn’t stop smiling.

KevinxNick

The same driver that had picked up Nick and Joe last time met Joe and Frankie right as the got off the plane.

A short trip to the car and they were on their way home.

“Joe, how come Kevin moved away?” Frankie asked.

“You’ll have to ask him, Frank.” Joe answered.

“Joe, how come Kevin didn’t come pick us up?” Again, Frankie asked.

“I don’t know, Frank. Ask Kevin when you see him.”

“Joe, how come Kevin lives all the way out here?”

Joe was really starting to get irritated by now.

“Because he likes it.”

“But why?”

“Ask him, Frankie.”

“Joe…” Frankie started.

“Frankie, so help me God, if you don’t shut up, I’ll make him stop this car and you’ll be walking the rest of the way to Kevin’s place.” Joe growled out.

At hearing Joe’s threat, Frankie shut up.

Joe sighed and banged his head against the window.

The driver, however, found it all hilarious.

Luckily it was only another ten minutes before they were pulling into the large driveway that led to Kevin’s house.

Not hardly waiting for the car to come to a complete stop, Joe was opening his door, practically jumping out.

He was met by both Kevin and Nick at the front door. Glancing their way, he spoke.

“He’s all yours. I am going to my room, locking the door and I swear if any of you try and bother me, you will live to regret it. Am I understood?”

Shocked, Kevin and Nick calmly nodded ‘yes’ and watched as Joe walked into the house.

“KEVIN! NICK!” It was the sound of their younger sibling that pulled their attention away from Joe.

Frankie dropped his bags and ran for Kevin. Meeting his little brother half way, Kevin scooped him up and hugged him tight.

“Frankie! Oh, little bro, I’ve missed you.” Both brothers were all smiles as they hugged each other.

Nick stood back and watched, smiling as well.

Opening his eyes, Frankie spotted Nick. Pushing back from Kevin, Frankie moved to Nick. He threw himself into his older brothers arms.

“I missed you, Nick.” He whispered, hugging Nick around his waist.

“Missed you too, Frank.”

Frankie hugged Nick for a few more seconds before pulling back.

Kevin had already gone and picked up Frankie’s bags, thanked their driver and was now making his way back up the many front steps.

“So, Frank, how about we show you to your room?” Kevin asked.

“YEAH!” He yelled, causing both of his older brothers to laugh.

Making their way inside, Frankie spoke.

“Kevin, you will not believe what Joe said to me!” He exclaimed.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Was that ok? God, I’ve pulled such a blank lately. I had the first part of this written and then nothing. I feel bad cause its taken me an extra day to get it finished and posted.

Anyway, comments are the only way to let me know if you liked it. Or if you didn’t. LoL!