Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

I feel like such a gossiper

Once I had laid out my outfit for Ellen and sorted out all the things I would need for tomorrow I skipped into Romeo’s room and sat down on the floor with him.

“What you doing champ?” I asked him.

“Trying to find ‘Finding Nemo.’” He told me as he looked at the numerous DVDs.

I stared at them and scanned my eyes over them until I spotted it. I grabbed it out and stood up, “I’ll watch it with you.”

We walked down to the home cinema. I took a seat in-between him and Brooklyn, Cruz sat on Claire’s lap.

Half way through the film Romeo turned to me and whispered, “I love Dory.”

I smirked. “I’m meeting her tomorrow.”

“No way!”

“Way.” I laughed at how American he was acting all ready.

“Can I come?” He asked excitedly.

“Ask Daddy.” I told him then turned back to the screen.

The next day was pretty hectic. Mom was rushing around the house trying to find god knows what, Dad was helping Mom out and the boys were running riot around the house. I stayed in the confines of my room and changed into my outfit for Ellen.

I was dressed in a long sleeved grey shirt and a grey skirt with a petticoat underneath, it had a high waist and it was a skirt that made you want to twirl around. I added a pair of Dior satin pumps with a bow which had a mirror charm on the top.

Once I was changed Maria-Louise and Ben did my make up and I headed downstairs. Dad was stood at the door with his keys in his hands, I smiled at him as he put on his Ray Ban aviators.

“Hey David.” Ben smiled as he walked past, Maria-Louise smiled at him then they disappeared.

“What’s this?” I asked as I grabbed my bag from the foot of the stairs and threw it over my shoulder.

“I thought it was about time we spent some time together, even if I am just coming to an interview you’re doing.”

I smiled ever wider and launched onto him wrapping my legs around his waist. He hugged me back then put me down on the floor. “Lets go, did you sign all those footballs?”

As we walked out to his car he turned to me. “Yes, my wrist is killing but they’re all over there now. Oh and by the way I told the producers to have us some McDonalds in the dressing room.” He smirked. “I have to power.” He boasted as I climbed into the passengers side.

We sung along to the radio happily until we arrived around the back of the studio. They had people ready and waiting to escort us and press were behind barriers, I’d prefer them behind bars to be honest. They started taking pictures as soon as we pulled up, “Stay in here.” Dad told me as he climbed out the car and walked around to my side.

He opened the door and helped me out. As we walked through the press he kept a hand on my back until we were safely inside. We turned a few heads as we followed a woman to my dressing/waiting room. And as he promise, there were two McDonalds bags on the coffee table.

We messed around like normal Father and Daughters do. I tossed chips at him and he tried to catch them in his mouth, we eventually gave up as we realised we were wasting good chips. We were interrupted by a woman poking her head through the door and telling me I was on in 5 minutes and had to follow her.

We both stood up and followed her down the corridor, the put a microphone onto my shirt as I stood with my Dad waiting for a cue to walk out. The hair and make up artists messed around with me as if I were a doll as Ellen introduced me.

“…please welcome Julia Beckham!”

“Go.” A woman dressed in black told me, my Dad kissed my cheek and I walked out onto the set. I waved at the crowd and walked straight over to Ellen.

“Hello.” She said happily as we hugged, I gave one last wave to the crowd before sitting down in the single seated cushion chair. “How are you? You look wonderful.”

“I’m great, thanks.” I smiled.

“Wow, so lets fire up with some questions. Let’s not beat around the bush, what is it like being a Beckham?” Ellen asked.

“There’s a common misconception that we’re a really exciting family and we like, have alligators in our pool and we’re wild people. But to be honest, we’re just like any other family. I love my Mom and my Dad, they’re the greatest parents ever.” I told her as the audience snickered.

“There’s one thing I always wonder about being a Beckham child. Do your friends drool over your Dad?” I let out a laugh. “I mean you went to a public school didn’t you, what was that like?”

I gasped as a picture of me in my school uniform which consisted of knee high socks, a black skirt, a white blouse and blue tie, came on the screen. It was cut from a picture of our school council.

“Oh there I am." I cringed, "Yeah some friends are a bit worrying. My best friend Sophie from England, I’ve known her since nursery and she comments on my Dad all the time. When I first went to public school everyone was really excited and ready to get a piece of me and see how I really am but after a month or so they were like ‘she’s boring and normal.’”

“You seem really humble which wasn’t really what I expected.” She seemed genuinely shocked.

I nodded, “I try to not let everything go to my head. I’m not the kind of person who doesn’t know how good they’ve got it, I’m really thankful and I know how lucky I am.”

“How do you keep humble?” She asked.

I let out a giggle, “Well there’s a band called the Jonas Brothers I’m sure you’ve heard of them.”

“They were on the show a few days ago.”

“I know.” I grinned, “Well I was watching an interview they did and they said something along the lines of ‘live like you’re at the bottom, even if you’re at the top’ and it stuck in my brain even since I heard it so I’ve kind of stole their motto.”

“Such lovely boys.”

“I know, they’re just real gentlemen to be honest, or they seem it. They have awesome dress sense too, when my brothers are older I’m going to make them dress like that.” I smiled.

“You go to a lot of concerts apparently. Tell us about some of your favourite bands.”

“Okay, my music range is extremely wide. My all time favourite band is definitely My Chemical Romance.” Her eyes widened in shock, “I know, you wouldn’t expect it. There’s a few British bands who are just breaking Europe like Elliot Minor, You Me At Six and Go Audio. But then I love pop bands like the Jonas Brothers, Mcfly. And I like people such as Michael Buble and Rod Stewart.”

“That is a wide range you got there. See, I’d have thought you’d like Miley Cyrus, usually the Jonas Brothers and her share fans.”

I couldn’t help it, I burst out laughing and covered my mouth I was laughing that much. “I don’t understand her music, I bought her album and all the songs are practically the same. ‘I broke up with my boy friend, bla bla bla, I don’t want him back, bla bla bla.’ It’s all a bit too whiney for me.”

“What did you make of her picture scandal?”

“I understand, in some respects, the Vanity Fair ones. It was a professional photo shoot so of course she’s going to do it. But the weird ones of her like, dragging her shirt up I really don’t understand.”

Everyone laughed, “What about the one where she’s in the shower?”

“It creeps me out. I don’t understand her pout thing either. I don’t know Miley personally and I’m sure she’s awesome but you know it’s not a good impression to make. Another thing that annoyed me is that recently she said in Seventeen magazine--”

Ellen interjected, “I read this.” The audience giggled.

“I feel like such a gossiper but I don’t really care. She said that Nick Jonas was on a ‘quest’ to meet her. Does she know what a quest means, isn’t it an expedition undertaken in medieval romance? Did he ride in on a horse or something?” Everyone laughed, “And she also says she ‘rebelled’ and that she wanted to be ‘hardcore.’ Miley Cyrus could never be hardcore in her life.”

“Doesn’t she blabber on about how he demanded her to get highlights and stuff. See it doesn’t seem anything like him, he doesn’t seem to be the demanding kind of guy.” Ellen added.

“His parents have brought up and raised three of the most perfect guys ever, they have the best attitude towards everything they do. They have values and morals and they’re proper gentlemen and it’s really hard to find those kind of guys these days.”

“They aren’t ashamed of anything either. I mean at the VMAs I wanted to drive through my TV screen and cut off his vocal chords, he was really rude about their purity rings.” I nodded in agreement, “We’re like two old women aren’t we!” I laughed, “Change of subject, seeming as you’re still just a teenager, who are your celebrity crushes?”

I was happy for the change of subject. “You want them all? It’s a long list.” She chuckled, “Gerard Way, Adam Lazzara, Ben Barnes. Urm… oh, Robert Pattinson now he is gorgeous.” I laughed thinking about my Dad who is backstage and his reactions to all of this. “And the Jonas Brothers.”

“Who’s your favourite?”

I gasped, “You can’t make me do that!”

“Okay, I’ll reword it. Who’s the cutest?”

“See, I don’t want to answer because I’ll meet them and it will be all awkward.”

She tutted, “They won’t mind, they have a load of girls telling them they’re sexy everyday I’m sure you wont make them feel awkward.”

“Fine, Nick. There! I said it.” The crowd screamed in agreement.

“See there was one celebrity I notice you left out.” A picture of Taylor Lautner and I sun bathing on the beach together came up on the plasma. I blushed a little, “What about Mr Taylor? Didn’t you used to date him?”

“He’s a great guy.” I told her nodding my head, she kept quiet and waited for me to continue.

“Okay now we have that out of you. Are you in America for good? Your parents have been here a while and you’ve been flying in and out of everywhere but are you staying here for the rest of 08.”

“Yes I am. Which I’m so happy about, I‘m going to be here for my birthday which is going to be odd.”

“You’re turning 16 right? On the 19th September, are you having a party?” She asked.

“No I’m not. My Dad was asking me about this a few days ago, but no I don’t have anything planned for my birthday.”

“One final question for you, what do you miss most about the UK?”

“That’s easy, malt loaf and lurpak butter.” I grinned.

“Anyways, thanks so much for your time and everyone in the audience is getting a football signed by David Beckham himself thanks to Julia, give her a round of applause everyone!” They all cheered as I waved to them.