Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Disney Concert for Hope

Today was the day I was finally going to get to meet the Jonas Brothers. I got my Dad to get me backstage passes for the Disney’s Concert For Hope and they were performing. I was so excited. I was running around the house screaming, my parents were out with the boys so I got no complaints.

I was wearing an over sized blouse with three quarter length sleeves and a brown waist belt to make it more fashionable. I wore black skinny jeans and black flats. My blonde hair was straightened and I had just a thin black line of liquid eye liner as my eye make up.

I was just about to call Corrin and ask her where she was when I heard a horn sound outside. I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the door. Outside was a black people carrier with tinted windows, Corrin was stood outside holding the door open as she grinned madly. I dived into the car and Corrin got in and we headed off.

When we pulled up outside I groaned at the sight of paparazzi, even out the back! How did they even get here? I put on my sunglasses and grabbed Corrin’s hand.

“You’re late.” Someone hollered as we pushed through the press. We made it inside and followed a woman towards the sound. I recognised Demi Lovato’s voice, I sped up and dragged Corrin faster behind me.

“Have they been on?” I asked as she pushed open a set of double doors.

“No, not yet.” She replied and stopped at the side of the stage. “Just stand here of if you want a less chance of you being spotted behind those amps.”

“Thank you.” I told her then she walked off. “Eeep!” I squeaked and started singing along to Demi Lovato’s new song ‘Get Back.’ I got really into it and even started dancing a bit, that was until Corrin punched me in the arm. I tilted down my sun glasses and followed her arm as she pointed across the stage.

My eyes landed on the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus who were stood out of view of the crowds at the opposite side of the stage. All four were looking at us probably trying to work out who I was, “Take your fucking sun glasses off!” Corrin demanded as I barely moved my mouth to the words of the song. When I didn’t react she pulled them off my face and I snapped back into reality.

They all smiled at me and waved in unison, I laughed and waved back. That was until Miley Cyrus her self came into view in front of them all, this was awkward. I gave her a sarcastic waved and saw the boys try to contain their laughter.

I turned my attention back to Demi and started singing along again. I would glance at the boys occasionally and always catch Miley glaring at me or Nick looking at me.

Once Demi came off stage we were led into the corridor as they changed the stage up, Corrin and I leaned up against the wall with water bottles in out hands watching crew rush around. “Hey!” A easily recognisable voice said from behind me.

I spun around and grinned, “Hey Demi.”

“Thanks for coming, I didn’t even know you were.” She smiled her full teeth smile which was her trademark.

“Of course, your set was awesome. Well the half I saw.” I told her.

She blushed, “Thanks, it’s great of you to come. Wanna come into my dressing room?” She asked politely.

“Sure.” Corrin said and we followed her down the corridor to a door which had her name on. She pushed open the door and held it for us. “Nice.” Corrin said immediately distracted by all the make up.

“Corrin.” I snapped as she went to grab some, “Sit.”

“It’s okay.” Demi laughed, “I have to much anyways.”

“Thank you Demi.” Corrin smirked and stuck her tongue out at me and started to put Demi’s make up all over her face.

I heard Miley’s music begin to play down at the stage. I groaned and covered my ears. “You interview with Ellen was so funny, she’s so pissed off right now.” Demi laughed and pulled me to an upright position.

“I’m sure she’ll survive with one less fan.” I smirked and pulled my iPhone from my bag. I check for messages, I had one text from my Dad asking if I was safe. I replied quickly and tossed it back inside.

“Could I get a picture with you?” Demi asked hesitantly.

“You beat me to the punch. Yo! Pete Burns!” I teased, Corrin spun around on the chair and scowled. “Take a picture.” Demi handed her a camera and I handed her my iPhone.

I scrunched up my face and barred my face for one picture and Demi did the same which Corrin took on both cameras. Then for another we smiled sweetly together. “Lovely.” I said once Corrin handed us our devices back, we laughed at some of the pictures and took another over head shot.

The door opened and Kevin then Joe and then Nick all walked in. I stood up and smiled at them all. “Hey!” Kevin exclaimed and hugged me. Joe hugged me after him and then finally Nick did. “Thanks for coming.”

“No problem, you guys look even better in person.” Once I processed what I said I mentally slapped my self.

“Ha, thanks.” Joe smiled, “You look awesome too. It’s weird seeing you stood here. No offence but you’re smaller than I thought.”

I lifted my foot up. “Flat shoes.” I smirked, I cringed and turned my head in the direction of the open door. Miley was trying to hit high notes, “Excuse me.” I staid stepping between them and shutting the door not bothering to watch it close. When I turned back around I glanced at Corrin who was trying to be subtle and rub some make up off her face.

“There’s a giant elephant in the room.” Corrin hollered and we all laughed, “Just ask her about Ellen, she doesn’t bite,” she spun around and faced us, “unless it’s me.” She added, I scowled at her.

It was Nick who spoke. “Thanks for what you said, it was sweet from our point of view.” I blushed and looked down hiding my smirk under my hair.

Suddenly Demi was belting out a song on her acoustic guitar. I sat down next to her and the boys took seats also. Once she finished I reached for the guitar. “May I?”

“Of course, you play?” She asked as I grabbed the guitar and pick from her.

I started to play ‘I bet that you look good on the dance floor’ by Arctic Monkeys. Everyone watched on but Demi had a massive smirk on her face, she obviously knew the song.

“Stop making the eyes at me I’ll stop making the eyes at you,
What it is that surprises me is that I don’t really want you to.
But you shoulders are frozen.”


I looked at Demi who sung, “Cold as the night.”

“Oh, but you're an explosion.”

“You're dynamite.” She sung. I smiled.

“Your name isn't Rio, but I don't care for sand
And lighting the fuse might result in a bang, b-b-bang, go!

I bet that you look good on the dance floor
I don't know if you're looking for romance or
I don't know what you're looking for
I said, I bet that you look good on the dance floor
Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984
From 1984!”


I stopped and smirked as they clapped. “You’re a great singer.”

“Cheers.” I smiled and handed Demi her guitar back. We all listened as we heard the music die down, Miley shouted something then the music stopped. “Yes.” I whispered to my self, but not quiet enough. Nick who was sat next to me on the arm of the chair let out a laugh then tried to cover it up with a cough. I lifted me head up and smiled at him, he smiled back a full toothy grin.

He kept shifting position as we all chatted casually. I moved across the sofa and patted the small space beside me, he slid down smoothly into the gap, we were very squished. He put his arm around the sofa behind me trying to create more space.

As we were talking my Blackberry beeped in my bag, I leant down and retrieved it then replied to the text from Paris. Nick was watching me as I did so. “Nosey.” I murmured and went onto the main screen. My background was Robert Pattinson.

“Who’s that?” He asked, we were now having our own little conversation.

“Robert Pattinson, he’s divine.” I swooned and fanned my self in a fake way.

Nick gasped, “I’m offended, I thought I was your celebrity crush.” He said in a low voice, I rolled my eyes and got up my camera.

“Smile.” I told him, we both cuddled together and I snapped the picture. As soon as we pulled apart my heart sunk but soon rose as I saw the picture. I set it as my background and showed him. “Happy?”

“Definitely.” He smirked and we turned our attention back to the group conversation.