Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Anyone want to play tennis?

Watching the Jonas Brothers perform was such a rush, I couldn’t help but dance and sing along. I was right in the view of the audience, being stood behind a amp obstructed my view. I tried to hide my face better as I saw more and more people see me there, it didn’t work. But luckily the boys were a good enough distraction for most of them.

Even though I’d seen them live on TV and on the internet it didn’t live up to the actual thing. Their whole stage presence was alluring and the atmosphere in the surrounding was just filled with adrenaline, it was incredible. I sung along to every word and gave them all big hugs when they came off stage, Miley was hiding in her dressing room.

We all retreated back to Demi’s dressing room but Corrin hung behind to answer a phone call. I sat down in the same place next to a sweaty and out of breath Nick Jonas, it was awesome. “Did you enjoy it?”

“You guys are amazing live.” I complimented, Nick smiled happily and chugged some water down. Corrin walked in the room with her eyes on me.

“We have to go, the press know where you are.” I sighed angrily, “Sorry but it will be worse for everyone else who has to leave.” She told me hinting towards the boys.

“What are you guys doing tomorrow?” I asked them as I stood up and hoisted up my jeans.

“Nothing, what do you have in mind?” Kevin asked.

I smiled, “You guys should come over mine, my parents and brothers are out all day. You too Demi.” I smiled at her. She smiled back and nodded a yes.

“We’d love to.” Joe smiled and hugged me, I hugged Kevin and then finally Nick. “Just email or text one of us.”

I had retrieved their numbers and emails earlier. “I will do.” I stepped over a bag on the floor and hugged Demi tightly. “See you tomorrow.” I said to them all as I walked back out of the room.

I put my Ray Bans back on and waited for the venue security to gather around me. Corrin walked out first and flashes immediately went off, I followed behind her as we walked to the car. There was hordes of them. “Julia do you hate Miley Cyrus!?”

I climbed straight into the car fearing for my own safety and we got driving before any paparazzi could get in front of the car. We dropped Corrin off then they dropped me off, I thanked the driver as he pulled away and then sluggishly walked into the house. I could hear my Dad chasing after Cruz upstairs and the TV was playing in the living room.

“I’m home!” I called to no one in particular.

“Princess can you come and help Daddy?” Dad shouted, I smiled and jogged up the stairs. When I reached the top I grabbed Cruz who was just about to run past and launched him over my shoulder.

“Bed time.” I told him sternly and walked into his room. I put him down on his bed and tucked him in.

“I want to play.” He whined.

“If you don’t go to sleep you’ll be too tired to play tomorrow and we can’t have that.” I told him and kissed his forehead. “Night.”

“Night.” He mumbled back already drifting off to sleep. I switched off his light and made my way to my Dad’s figure which was guiding me to the door through the darkness.

“Night Dad.” I smiled and stood on my tip toes to kiss his cheek. I skipped down the white carpet to my bedroom and quietly closed the door behind me.

I quickly changed into some plaid pyjamas bottoms and a black vest top and got ready for bed, the quicker I got to sleep the faster morning would come. I slept soundly until my alarm rung at 10 in the morning. I woke up to an empty house and a note from my parents, reminding me my birthday was in a few days as if I didn’t know.

After some light breakfast I changed into my red halter neck bikini top and matching bottoms and pulled on a pair of shorts over the bottoms. I couldn’t be bothered with make up so I left my face and just tied my hair back leaving my fringe pushed back. I put Paramore’s CD Riot! in the house CD player which played music through out the house and into the garden then grabbed my laptop, Blackberry and camera.

I only got half way through the first song when the doorbell rang, I rushed out from the back garden and into the house. I swung the door open and let Demi inside, I could see her red bikini straps under her tank top. “Hey!” I smiled and hugged her.

“I love Paramore!” She exclaimed noticing the music through out the house. “What are we doing?” She asked as she followed me into the kitchen, I grabbed two packets of Oreos and she grinned, “Oreos are divine.” She told me snatching a packet out of my hand.

“I know, Red Bull?” I asked holding one out for her, she gladly took it and then followed me out into the garden. I giggled as her mouth dropped. “Nice isn’t it?”

There was a large patch of grass with three equal sized palm trees equally spaced out planted in the middle. Behind them was a large pool with 6 pool side lounges and small tables between every two. To the side of the pool their was a set of beige steps which led down to the tennis/football court.

She followed me out to the deck chairs and sat on one next to me, she pulled of her shirt revealing her red bikini top then put on a pair of large sunglasses. I put on my Ray Bans aviators and laid back.

“Nick likes you.” Demi cooed as she chewed on an Oreo.

“No he doesn’t.” I argued and sipped on some red bull.

Demi chuckled, “You were all over each other yesterday.” I gasped, “Don’t even try and deny it, all snugly on the sofa--”

She was interrupted by the doorbell ringing I shot up then stopped as I realised how Demi would take my speed. She laughed at me as I calmly walked into the house dancing to ‘Misery Business’ the door bell rang again as I entered the house.

“I’M COMING!” I shouted angrily and ran to the door, I swung it open and scowled teasingly at the boys. “Impatient.” I tutted and stepped a side. “Come on in.”

I caught Nick gazing at my body, I arched my eye brow at him and he finally realised that I knew he was looking. He flushed a pink colour, I laughed along with his brothers. “I’m assuming we need to change.” Kevin asked, I nodded.

“Follow me.” I jogged up the stairs and they followed me. I led them into the large bathroom, “Just change here. The garden is just straight forward from the door then left a bit. The whole wall is glass, you cant miss it.” I smiled and shut the door after them.

I made my way down to the garden and took my seat back down next to Demi, “They’re here then?”

I nodded and took a gulp of my Red Bull, after a few minutes the boys arrived all in shorts bearing their toned chests. I had to prop my hand under my chin to stop my mouth from dropping at the sight of Nick in just shorts. I had the urge to take millions of pictures of him right there and then. Joe saw the pool and his eyes lit up, he ran up to in and cannon balled inside. His brothers rolled their eyes and claimed the lounges either side of Demi and I.

It was so difficult not to stare at Nick’s torso. It’s like when you see a wet paint sign, you have to touch it just to see if it’s wet. I had to touch his torso just to see if it was real! It was infuriating to keep my hands to my side and try to indulge in conversation. After a while I stood up and stretched.

“Anyone want to play tennis?” I asked, Nick stood up. Oh no, anyone but him. “You’re going down.”

“I am so staying up.” He retorted and followed me down to the court, everyone else followed. Once at the bottom I reached into the case and tossed him a bat, he caught it and walked through the gate to the court taking his side furthest away from the door. I grabbed a tube of tennis balls and followed him. Demi, Kevin and Joe sat down against the fence and basked in the sun. “Rally or proper game?”

“Rally, first to miss looses.” I smirked and served up the ball.

We played for over an hour, sweat was dripping from my own body and from his. I tried not to let it distract me but his skin shimmered in the sun spectacularly. Demi, Kevin and Joe had left to go in the pool after 30 minutes, they got bored.

“Not giving up?” He asked, grunting as he hit the ball back to me.

I returned it without speaking, “Draw?” I asked as he returned it to me.

I hit it and waited for his reply, “Draw.” He hit the ball one final time and I dropped my back and let it fly past me.

“My arms hurt.” I groaned as he walked over to me as I sat on the floor cross legged, as he walked over he grabbed the two bottles of water at the side of the net. He tossed one to me and laid down on the floor after he’d taken a few gulps of his own. “Let’s go inside.” I tell him once a silence over bears me.

He followed me back up the stairs laughing as I groan in pain as my muscles ache in protest of my climbing. When we arrive at the top I see Joe, Kevin and Demi all in the pool messing around. They laugh at the sight of Nick and I covered in sweat and out of breath.

“Who won?” Kevin asked grinning madly.

“Draw.” Nick replies and stands awkwardly as I pull off my shorts so I’m just in my bikini.

I turn to him and smirk as he shakes his head. He follows me inside the house and into my bedroom, I wonder why he did follow me but I was glad he did. I go into the towel cupboard and throw him on, he wipes him self down and I copy his actions. “We can chill in my bedroom.” It was too hot outside so we decided to stay in the AC.

I sat down on my bed and he copied and sat opposite me, “So, tell me about yourself.” Nick smiled and took a gulp of his water.

“Well, there isn’t that much to me.” I shrugged.

He smiled softly, “I don’t believe that for a second.”

I sighed. “Okay, well I was born in London then lived there and was home schooled until I turned 11 then I told my Dad I wanted to go to a normal school. So he sent me up North to a place called Hartlepool and I attended St Hilds Secondary School until I turned 15 and every weekend I‘d fly to Madrid to see my family. I did my GCSE’s early so I could move over here.”

“Well, that’s just about your school. I want to know about you.”

“This is going to sound really cheesy but I’m really all about music. It’s like the core of everything I am, it’s made me who I am today. I love getting lost in it.” I confessed blushing.

He smiled as he saw me try to hide my blush. “Don’t blush, I know exactly what you mean. Tell me some more about yourself.”

“Well, I have great friends and family. I have a dog, she’s old though. Urm, I had 3 of my grandparents, my grandfather died a few weeks before I came over here.” His face fell almost as if he regretted asking me. “I can honestly say it was the worst time of my life. We were really close.” My voice cracked on the last sentence and I could feel the tears building in my eyes.

“You don’t have to say anymore.” Nick assured me. I wasn’t planning to anyway. I just nodded, “Come here.” He opened his arms and I crawled across the bed into them. He wrapped his large muscular arms around me. I stayed comfortably in his arms for a minute before pulling away from him.

“Thanks.” I smiled at him, he nodded timidly. “I guess we should go downstairs.” I said awkwardly then walked out of the room
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!