Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Fanacapan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! xo.

After sending the text I laid on my bed and awaited a reply. I loaded up Perez Hilton to check all the gossip on me then my phone buzzed beside me.

Thanks! I got a golden retriever puppy! Named it Elvis. We’re renting out Dodgers stadium tomorrow if you want to come xx

I chucked and replied.

That’s brilliant. Sure, I’d love to. Lucky ducky you are xo.

I turned my attention to Perez Hilton, crappers, it had leaked I was at the concert and that Demi and them came over yesterday. Stupid paparazzi. There were low quality pictures of me and Corrin by the amps and a video of me singing along. Then there was pictures of Demi and then the three of them arriving at my home. “Fuck.” I muttered then picked up my vibrating phone.

Seen Perez yet? Xxx

I quickly text a reply to end the conversation.

Yeah, I forgot press were sad enough to wait around my house. I’ll see you tomorrow xo

Now I needed to get him a present. I grabbed my bag and rushed down the stairs, “I’m going out I wont be long!” I called to no parent in particular.

“Wait!” I heard my Dad’s deep voice call, he came jogging out of the kitchen in a pair of pale blue jeans, a white v-neck shirt with an accessorised black belt. “I’ll come.”

I groaned and put on my sun glasses. “Fine, we’re shopping for a birthday present for Nick.” I told him as we walked across the drive to his car, my green dress blew against my right side in the breeze.

“Oooh.” He teased, I pushed him to the side and climbed into the passenger side of the car.

We drove to Saks quickly and made our way through the press and inside, we got that part emptied out before we started shopping then got to work.

“How about this?” My dad asked holding up a hideous shirt. Paparazzi were pressed up against the windows of the empty men’s store. I pulled a disgusted face and dragged my finger across my throat. “No?” He sighed and put it down then flicked through some more rack.

I scanned my eyes over the messenger bags and decided to get him one. I chose a Prada single clip black one then bought it. Now all I had to do was wait for tomorrow.

THE NEXT DAY

“Remember boys, Julia will not be happy if you come anywhere near her or Nick when he is over.” I told them again, “And what will happen if you do?” I asked them.

“You’ll take away all our toys and send Fanacapan woman after us.” Romeo replied shivering at the thought. I was good at creating monsters to come for them.

“Good, now run along.” They all ran out into the garden shouting and screaming. I sighed and rolled my eyes, when I turned around both my parents stood giving me ‘the look.’ “What?” I asked them and brushed down my jeans.

“You shouldn’t scare them like that.” My mom scolded. My heart jumped as the doorbell rang. “Oh.” I narrowed my eyes on my dad who was twitching towards the door.

“Dad…” I warned him, “Don’t do it.”

His face broke out into a full grin, I ran to the door but he was faster. I was still running as he had the door open, I launched onto his back and he stumbled forward. “Sorry, ignore whatever he just said.” I told Nick over his shoulder, man he looked gorgeous.

“Jools get off of my back.” Dad told me, I rolled my eyes and smiled at Nick before jumping off. “Nice meeting you Nick.” I stood awkward tapping my foot as they shook hands.

“You too.” Nick smiled his award winning smile and my dad backed out of the way to let me in. “Hey.” He smiled as I gestured for him to come in.

I gave him a quick hug and broke away when my Mom cleared her throat. I made a face to Nick and spun around, “Mom, this is Nick Jonas.”

“Well I know that. Hello, I’m Victoria.” She smiled and held out her hand, he shook her hand.

“Yada yada yada.” I said rudely, “Come on Nick before the devils show up.” Just as I said that they all ran into view side by side. I glared at them and their eyes all widened, they then continued to run in the direction they were going.

“Julia Rose, what have I told you about scaring the boys?” Dad shouted smirking, he was doing this on purpose.

“Nothing, Mom is the one who shouts at me, you laugh. Stop trying to embarrass me with the middle name move. Nick, let’s go upstairs before they decided to tap dance or something.” I pushed Nick up the stairs as he called down to my parents, “It was nice meeting you.” I pushed him until we got into my room where I pressed my back against the door and slapped my hand to my forehead.

“Oh my goodness.” I groaned and he started laughing, “Don’t laugh!” I snapped, I held up his hands in surrender.

He smiled softly, “They weren’t that embarrassing.” I gasped. “Seriously.”

“Anyways, change of subject. Present time.” I smiled. He flushed a shade of pink as I walked over to my bed and pulled a silver gift bag out from under it.

“You didn’t have to.” He told me and sat down on my bed. I sat down too and handed him the bag.

“But I did.” I retorted, he reached inside and pulled out the bag. He smiled widely and begun examining all of it’s zips and slips. “Like it?” I asked nervously, biting my bottom lip.

“It’s awesome, is this Prada?” I nodded, “I don’t want to know the price. Thank you so much.” He put the bag to the side and gave me a hug, I couldn’t help but marvel at his muscles even on his back they were pronounced.

We broke the hug but his hand moved down to hold the side of my waist. My heart accelerated at his touch, I glanced down at his hand then up to his eyes again. I knew what was going to happen and I wasn’t going to stop it.

We both tilted our heads to the right and leaned in, meeting half way I could have sworn the sparks between us could have put the Olympics opening ceremony fireworks to shame. We twisted our heads the other way moving our lips together romantically. He ran his hand from my hair line and into my hair using his fingers to hold me to him.

We stopped kissing but kept our faces close together staring directly into each others eyes. It was as if I was hypnotised, I couldn’t look away. I didn’t want to. He smiled first which made me smile. Then his phone buzzed in his pocket ruining the moment. “Sorry.” He murmured and pulled it out and brought it to his ear. “Hello… I am?… Urm, okay… Soon… Bye man.” He ended the call and shoved it in his pocket.

“What’s happening?” I asked him.

“I have to go, we’re going shopping for baseball gear.” I made an ‘o’ shape with my mouth and nodded. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine.” I told him and stood up. He stood up after me then enveloped me in a hug, I smiled into his shoulder. “I’ll see you tonight?” I smiled hiding my disappointment he was leaving. He nodded in reply and grabbed his gift from my bed. I walked him to the door where he gently kissed my cheek and left me in a daze.

The night soon came and I was now in a pair of shorts and a tank top with some black plimsolls. I pulled on my black jacket as I neared the entrance where I could see Demi with another girl who seemed really tall but she was in shorts too which made me feel better. Once we got close I recognised it was Taylor Swift.

“Whoa.” I whispered as we pulled to a stop, Demi opened my door before the driver got a chance. She grabbed my arm and forcefully tugged me out and into a bone crushing hug. “Hey.” I smiled as we pulled away from each other.

“Julia this is Taylor. Taylor, Julia.” Demi smiled.

“Hey.” She smiled showing her dazzling teeth. I gave her a light hug then we all walked into the arena. I gawped as it all opened out in front of me. I could see the boys all on the field in matching shirts which corresponded with their teams. One shirt was blue and the other was white. Nick was in a white shirt with red arms and his brothers arms were blue. “Are you playing?” Taylor asked me as we walked down the steps.

“Are you?” I retorted.

“I am!” Demi piped up and pointed to her shoes. “Taylor hasn’t brought the right shoes.” I glanced down and indeed she had dolly shoes on. “Please play.” Demi smiled sweetly.

We reached the bottom when Nick jogged over to us and gave us all a hug. “You playing?” Nick smirked holding out a white shirt with red arms for Demi and I. I smiled and shook my head then pulled it over my head. “Can you play?”

“Of course.” I smirked, I pulled the bobble from around my waist and tied my hair back in a messy bun.

TIME LAPSE

“Okay guys.” Nick told us slightly out of breath after running a home run. “This is the winner, we need a home run to win this. Julia you’re up to bat.”

“What!?” I exclaimed but they’d all ran back to the dugout. I grabbed the bat from Demi who gave me an apologetic look. I stepped up to the plate and got a better grip on the bat, Joe was pitching which made me nervous as he threw a very hard ball and didn’t look as if he was going to weaken up for me.

He threw the first pitch and it sped past me before I could even process it. “Strike one!” The catcher behind me shouted.

I took a deep breath and narrowed my eyes, I focus on the ball and nothing else. When it came close to me I swung the bat with as much force as I could and I heard it hit against it. I watched it as it flew high in the sky until my team mates all shouted “Run!” simultaneously.

“Fuck.” I shouted and dropped the bat and ran to first base then to second. As I ran to third I glance behind me to see how they were getting along, they’d finally got a hold of it. I ran faster until I was running to fourth and the ball was getting closer, but not close enough, before I’d even made it past fourth base my team were running out the dugouts but once I got past it just in the knick of time I was tackled to the ground with Nick directly on top of me.

“Ow, ow, ow, ow.” I winced at the weight on top of me, they all scrambled off and Nick jumped up then held out his hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me up into a hug.

“I knew you could do it.” He whispered into my ear. I smiled against his shoulder, content in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm working really hard on this.

Sorry for the slowness of updates.

Comments?