Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 12

~~Thursday~~

“Amelia come on…” I said trying to convince Amelia to go with me to buy the dress, I didn’t want to go alone and Lenny couldn’t see my dress because it would spoil the surprise.

“But miss what if your father needs me?” Amelia said.

“He’s on the company and he never comes for lunch. Please Amelia I don’t want to go alone.” I said making puppy dog eyes, Amelia smiled and got her car keys out to drive to the nearest mall.

I spotted a beautiful long strapless black dress with golden touches around the bottom of the dress and the top of it. I grabbed it and tried it on.

“So?” I asked Amelia.

“You look beautiful miss. Someone’s going to like it.” Amelia said smiling, yes even she approved Bruce.

Besides my father also Amelia cheered for Bruce. My life was great! I felt more depressed than ever, I couldn't leave the house by myself because I was scared to do so and I had nightmares every time I slept. Jim told me about Dr. Rain and that she offered to be my psychiatrist because she’s curious to know more about The Joker and my nightmares. I only started having them the night that I supposedly seen him in my father’s house balcony then something clicked inside of my head, something I had never noticed, something that made me want The Joker around me, something so weird that put my mind spinning.

Only thinking about this made me feel bad so I took the black dress, I also bought a pair of black high heels, a sparkling white necklace, the matching ear rings and a dark blue Chinese bracelet.

Amelia and I went home and I decided to draw something, because since I had been back that my inspiration was broken to pieces. I only draw things involving purple and green or weird smiles instead of buildings. I tried my best to do a building because maybe Bruce was still interest in it.

I made a normal 30 store building, it was for a man named Lau. He was Chinese and for what my father told a very smart man, very good with numbers and under Jim’s suspicions to be related to the mob. I turned the TV on and of course The News was on.

‘The mob leaders presented to court registered the largest amount of accusations ever made on any Gotham court room. The sentence wasn’t revealed but there is another case involving Maroni in which the DA Harvey Dent is one of the chargers.’ The 40 year old reporter announced.

Rachel must be busy with this, if it is involved Harvey she must be there too.

Rachel’s P.O.V

I was impatiently waiting for Harvey to come, this morning we had Maroni on the court but our witness turned to his side. Which proved that we were getting better in proving Maroni’s guilt.

“I’m sorry for being late.” Harvey greeted kissing me sweetly on the lips

“It’s okay Harvey. I’m just wondering when this is going to stop…” I mumbled, Harvey looked puzzled at me.

“What are you talking about?” Harvey asked me.

“All the Maroni case and now that Lau. Bruce was going to rebuilt a company for him but now he ran to China, very appropriate don’t you think?” I said.

“I’ll take care of it.” Harvey said kissing me again and leaving.

Jim Gordon’s P.O.V

~~Later that same night~~

I was standing in the police station’s rooftop with the Batman’s light on. Harvey had been around me all week to talk to him but thank god that I found Ashley this week, it was the only good thing happening.

“Hello Gordon.” Harvey greeted me.

“Hi Harvey.” I greeted back observing the skies, not even a sign of the Batman, that man was a hard one to find but finally from a black corner, the Batman appeared.

“You’re a hard man to reach.” Harvey said.

“If I bring you Lau can you get him to talk?” Batman’s deep voice asked.

“I can get him to dance. I just want to know where the money is, Jim and you worked too hard to stop those bastards.” Harvey said looking at Jim.

“It’s not that easy, The Joker has his hands on a part of the money.” I said.

“But with the Joker…” Harvey stopped talking when he realized that Batman was gone.

“He does that often.” I said smiling to myself and leaving.

Ashley’s P.O.V

My father wasn’t home yet and it was getting late so I got out of my bed and went to his room. He wasn’t there but for the first time ever I noticed a pictured next to mine. My father had a little table next to his bed with his most important pictures, it had one of me, one of my father with Bruce’s father when they started working together and behind all of them a picture of a boy that I had never noticed.

I picked it up and my eyes widened. He was just like Red. It wasn’t possible, the boy was too young but the face was practically the same, his eyes had the same sweet look but the hair was different. The boy in the picture had dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, tanned skin and he was tall and he was also holding a baby in his arms. I was confused, my father never told me about any boy.

“Hi sweetie.” my father said interrupting my inside battle to remember anything that could remember me of this boy, I bit my lower lip and placed the picture quickly on its place.

“Sorry dad, I was just wondering where you were. I haven’t seen you since breakfast.” I said turning to my father so we were face to face.

“I’m working. You should go to sleep, you have a party tomorrow remember?” my father said.

“Yes I know. Don’t send to bed I’m not a 12 year old! Night dad!” I said smiling weakly and leaving to my room leaving my dad laughing, in his eyes I would never grow up.

~~The next day~~

I woke up and looked at my watch: 11 am. I looked at my closet and there was my dress in a hang, it was so beautiful. I went downstairs and sense my father had left for work I ate something on the kitchen to keep Amelia company. Then I left upstairs to draw some more sketches before starting to get ready for the party.

Lenny’s P.O.V

I had been awaken for a long time wondering if Ashley deserved what I had been doing to her. If it wasn’t for me maybe she would had never been kidnapped. I worked for the Joker since I was 17 years old, by then Ashley was my biggest friend and The Joker being the mind controller he is he made me spit every detail of my life.

I ended up mentioning Ashley and how important she was to me, bad idea, very bad actually. She never suspect, she always thought I went to study at night but no, I went to kill people. I watched her being beaten up right in front of my eyes. It hurt but I couldn’t let her know that the person who she trusted for years was working for a psychopath.

When The Joker appeared with Ashley telling everyone that she was his new toy, I knew that it was more than that. He had plans for her, big ones. We both knew that The Batman had saved her once, he knew I cared for her and I had told them several times that I wanted to get out but he would never let me at least alive. He was using her to affect me inside and it worked, I stayed. I was the computer nerd of his henchmen and they called me Nell. I never tried to take her out of there, how coward was I?

I’m sure she would risk her life for mine and I didn’t even raise a finger to stop The Joker from hurting her but Red did. Only if Ashley knew how much they had in common she wouldn’t believe.

I feel such a bastard, her smile is gone thanks to him it’s true that she smiles but it’s not a real smile. She lost something inside of her and I regret I couldn’t protect her. Now I can't even figure what The Joker has in his sleeve but he's been quiet for almost 4 days, I was with him last night and he didn’t mention Ashley in fact he was in his room for all of the time.

“Crap!” I yelled starting to dress my suit and getting done for Harvey Dent’s found raiser.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment