Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 13

Ashley’s P.O.V

I was fully dressed and examining myself in the mirror, my body wasn’t bruised anymore at least that but the hideous ‘J’ scar was there to hunt me down. Tears formed in my eyes, what was wrong with me?

Before I was kidnapped, The Joker was the worst person to live in this earth in my eyes but now he seemed so familiar. I could imagine him right behind me, this was awkward. Something was missing though I couldn’t explain what it was, something so deep inside me that I had never noticed it until I faced his eyes for the first time.

I shook my head lightly applying some simple makeup, some eyeliner around my blue eyes, light red lipstick and some mascara to light up my face. My hair was loose to my back with its tips curled. The dress had the back cut off showing my skin.

“Miss...” Amelia said knocking on the door and entering. “Lenny is waiting for you.” Amelia said smiling, I looked at her and I started to walk out of my room and then down the stairs.

“Hi Lenny.” I said hugging him.

“Hi Ash.. Wow!” Lenny said hugging me back and then spinning me around observing me.

“You’re stunning.” Lenny said making me blush a light shade of pink.

“Ow you’re handsome yourself.” I said and in fact he was.

He had a dark grey shirt and a black suit on, his hair was wild like always, it never seemed to be combed but I like it that way, Lenny’s way. Minutes later we were going up an elevator, this sure was intimidating.

The elevator’s door opened to reveal a room full of people, I mean it. All seemed rich and when they saw me I guess that they recognized me like ‘the girl who escaped from The Joker’. I felt like Harry Potter! Except he had survived Voldemort and stuff and well I had ran away from The Joker. I didn’t feel comfortable here and when I looked to my left side Lenny was gone, great. I spotted Alfred serving drinks so I went up to him.

“Alfred…” I almost whispered, he turned and smiled.

“Ashley, I’m glad you came.” Alfred said serving me a glass of champagne.

“Where is Bruce? Wasn’t he supposed to be here to start this for Harvey?” I asked following him while we walked inside the crowd of people.

“I know, he’ll be here soon enough.” Alfred said with his eyes on the window.

We turned to go to another spot of the room but everyone’s heads turned to the window. A helicopter landed on the roof top and Bruce came from it with 3 girls. I signed heavily while Alfred gave me a sympathetic look. That kind of look that says ‘don’t worry’.

“Harvey Dent.” Bruce said and Harvey immediately appeared because the people around him moved from his way creating a kind of a circle around the room where Bruce and Harvey were on the center.

I was with Alfred behind Harvey when I saw Bruce deeply looking at me. I stared back when Rachel interrupted.

“Ashy.” Rachel greeted, I hated the nickname she called me but whatever if I say something she would be worse.

“Rach!” I said hugging her, I missed her. When we were teenagers we spent a lot of time together so it’s was kind of normal to miss her.

“Everyone please let’s celebrate all together the amazing success of Harvey Dent, Gotham’s White Knight. Without him maybe not even a single criminal would be arrested.” Bruce said shooting glances at me. I rose my glass in the air while everyone else did the same and then we all drank.

I knew Bruce a little and all that bla bla talk was pointless, he didn’t mean a word of it. I went with Rachel to meet Harvey but before I could even greet him Bruce got into the way.

“Excuse me can I borrow here beautiful Ley from you?” Bruce said slipping his arm around my waist and taking me away from Rachel and Harvey, whose expressions were in the middle of shock and happiness. Why did everyone see this so right?

“What was that for?” I asked Bruce while he took me to the ‘dance floor’ and pulled me to him starting to guide me through the music. I blushed, something I didn’t do for a long time in front of Bruce.

“Well Harvey has his company for the night.” Bruce said leaning closer to me while still dancing but suddenly he started walking and taking me with him. Suddenly I found myself on the balcony with Bruce.

“So I had to get my own.” Bruce said and in the end of his sentence he cut me off with his lips locking with mine.

I gasped not knowing how to react to this, he was kissing me again and I was just there standing like if nothing was happening.

BANG.

Bruce broke the kiss and Rachel came running to the balcony. Bruce ran in the direction she had came and she grabbed my hand.

“Ashy be calm okay? Grab my hand let’s go.” Rachel said grabbing my hand and taking me inside again. I was totally on planet 0 because people were in a circle again and JESUS CHRIST! He’s BACK!

The Joker’s P.O.V

“Evening ladies and gents. We are tonight’s entertainment!” I said shooting another bullet to the roof seeing those miserable people scuff in their place. They are so funny!

I placed my hand behind my back giving signal to Red, Sca, Kiz and Nell. Nell and Red grabbed some random people and pointed the guns at their heads while Sca and Kiz were watching everyone’s movements while I had my fun.

“So I only have one question. Where is Harvey Dent?” I asked taking a glass of champagne from a girl's hand and drinking half of it and them throwing it on the ground.

Nobody moved, God were these people stupid toys? Speaking of toys, where’s my angel? She must be here somewhere… I thought scanning the room.

“You know Harvey Dent? Seen him?” I asked a guy while going towards every corner searching for him.

“I guess I’ll go to his relatives.” I said looking to an older man.

“We’re not afraid of thugs like you!” the man said with a hint of sudden courage on his voice.

“You know… you remind me of my father. I HATED MY FATHER!” I said taking my knife out and putting it on the corner of his lips.

Ashley’s P.O.V

I was petrified behind people, watching him acting his show. What was he doing here? Maybe he didn’t know I was here. Oh damn it who was I trying to fool? Of course he knew, he knows everything.

His eyes crossed my skin, even though he didn’t see me directly I could feel it, it was terrifying. Suddenly Rachel stood up leaving me for everyone to see.

“Okay just stop it.” Rachel said walking towards the Joker.

“Well hello beautiful.” The Joker said noticing her and fixing his hair while walking towards her. I shivered in my spot, that damn look and that damn knife again.

“What’s the matter? You look nervous.” The Joker said cupping her face in his hand. I had to get the guts and do something but my legs wouldn’t obey.

“Let her go.” I said almost in a whisper.

“I beg you pardon?” The Joker said laughing so the person would repeat.

I stood with my legs shaking.

“Leave her alone, she has nothing to do with Harvey.” I said in a shaking voice. The Joker’s eyes could penetrate my body, he seemed excited for seeing me. Everyone gulped and some people tried to push me behind them, everyone knew he was also looking for me. Any hostage couldn't ran away from him but I did.

“She’s Dent’s bunny and she’s beautiful but…” The Joker said throwing Rachel to the floor hard and walking towards me.

I looked at her watching her being helped and looking at me. I knew she did that to distract him so I could run but I ruined it, I wouldn’t let him hurt her because of me, that would be selfish.

“You’re even more beautiful.” The Joker said walking around me in a tight circle, I tried to control my breathing.

“So angel missed me?” The Joker said suddenly cupping my face in his purple gloved hand kissing me roughly.

“Because I sure missed you.” The Joker said licking my neck, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped. I didn’t stop to think so I kicked him in the stomach making him laugh.

“AH AH A little fight in you, I’ve always liked that.” The Joker said going towards me again.

“Then you’re going to love me.” Batman said appearing out of nowhere and starting to fight the Joker and his clowns.

I ran away but one of the henchmen grabbed me, I think he was Sca. He had spiky black hair and his eyes seemed a shade of green but I wasn’t sure because I had never seen him without the mask.

“Come here.” The Joker yelled grabbing Rachel then he shot the glass window and he put her out but he was still grabbing her.

“Ah don’t move an inch Batman.” The Joker said.

“Leave her alone.” Batman said.

“Sure you just have to show us all who you are.” The Joker teased.

“Let her go.” Batman said.

“Poor choice of words.” The Joker said letting Rachel go and I saw her fall down the window.

“NO!” I yelled trying to get free while Batman jumped behind Rachel to catch her.

“Oh don’t worry your pretty head, she will be just fine with your friend Bat boy.” The Joker said in my ear.

“I’ll come for you.” The Joker said in my face and then he kissed me again but this time it was a quick kiss and then he shot the roof again and ran away laughing.

I feel to the floor while all the people panicking and starting to go down the stairs. Alfred rushed over to my side while tears ran down my cheeks, I couldn't believe he was there and that he actually kissed me.

“It’s going to be alright.” Alfred said hugging me while I cried in his shoulder.

“Did they catch Harvey? How’s Rachel?” I said, Alfred smiled.

“They’re both fine, rest.” Alfred said taking me a soft couch.

When I laid my head I immediately fell asleep. Too many emotions for one night only specially seeing the Joker, I wasn’t ready at all. I had no idea and Lenny where the hell was he? All of this went through my mind before I truly fell asleep.

The Joker’s P.O.V

Hell went loose. Tomorrow would be a good day, very good in fact. I knew she was there and the feeling of her lips on mine felt so right that it even tickled my insides.

What was happening to me? I never made hostages and when I did they died has soon has they stepped the hideout but she was important in some way. Batman didn’t hesitate on saving her but he left my angel back to save Harvey’s sweetheart. It doesn’t matter anyway, she will not need him, she’s going to be mine sooner than she thinks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment