So Here's to Living Life Miserable

“Where the hell did you get that!?”

I was shaking from head to toe. My face was hidden in Spencer’s chest. He had his arms protectively around me holding me firmly to him.

“Where the hell did you get that!?” Ryan asked referring to the shotgun Brendon had acquired.

“My mom hid it under the bed in the spar bedroom, you know, for emergency’s” he explained

“Makes since” Spencer nodded, “remind me to thank your mom”

I turned my head from Spencer’s chest to look at the room. The large living room window had a big jagged hole in it; there was blood all over it as well. Luckily none of it was ours. There were shards of glass all over the floor.

“So, ah, do you thinks its dead?” Spencer asked

“Hopefully” Brendon shrugged, “I don’t really want to check myself, encase its not”

I slowly made my way through the maze of broken glass to the front entrance. I checked my feet for glass, and when I saw there was none I slipped my shoes on.

I grabbed the guy’s shoes and brought them to them.

“Thanks” Ryan smiled and pulled me into a hug, “are you gonna be okay?”

I nodded and he let me go. I walked over to my phone and picked it up. I really should have called Ben back, but I oddly didn’t want to.

I slipped the phone into my back pocket, “we should try and board up that window, you know, encase there’s any more of them lurking around”

“Right” Brendon nodded in agreement, “Spencer you handle the broken glass. Ryan and I will board up the window. And Sara, you go find Hayley”

We all nodded and got to our tasks.

I walked upstairs. I could hear a faint crying sound coming from the room Hayley was sleeping in. I headed straight for it and quickly let myself in.

Hayley was hiding in the closet, curled up in the fettle position crying uncontrollably.

As soon as she saw me, her arms shot out to me like a child reaching for their parent. I quickly got on my knees and embraced her in a tight hug. She cried on my shoulder for what felt like minutes, but must have been longer seeing as the guys had finished boarding up the window, and cleaning up the glass. So they came looking for us.

Hayley flinched quite visibly when she saw the gun in Brendon’s hands.

We all silently made our way back down stairs. The guys had been busier then I thought. They had the doors barricaded and all the windows boarded up with what looked like scrap wood that had been in the basement for years.

“Wow you guys were busy,” I said with a laugh.

“Yeah” Spencer nodded, “you were also hidden in a closet for 3-ish hours”

“Were we really?” Hayley asked whipping a few stray tears away.

Brendon nodded, “3 hours and 45 minutes to be exact. But who’s timing, your all better now and we’re all safe. That’s all that matters”

“What about your guy’s parents?” Hayley asked as she and I sat on the couch.

“My mums safe with some of her friends” Ryan smiled

“My mom and dad are in the hospital, my dad was visiting when they locked the place up” Spencer explained

“My moms locked up at work. She says its total chaos out side down town,” Brendon said

Hayley gasped suddenly causing us all to jump.

“What! What’s wrong!?” Brendon asked

“I have to call Alex back, he’s probably worried sick!” she smiled

I pulled out my Black Berry and handed it to her, “tell Alex to tell Ben I’m okay”

She took the phone and looked puzzled, “you’re not going to call Ben?”

I shook my head, no.

“Why not?” Ryan asked trying to hide a slight grin.

“Because I’m not in the mood to deal with him right now” I shrugged, “I don’t know if I’ll ever be,” I mumbled to myself.

Hayley frowned and called Alex. She gave Alex my message for Ben and soon after Alex had her smiling again.

It was nice to see. A frown never looked right on Hayleys face.

Brendon and Spencer had started a quiet conversation. They looked very focused, like they were coming up with a plan of action.

I looked away from Spencer and Brendon over to Ryan. Like usual Ryan’s eyes were locked on me. But instead of his usual smile he looked like he too was thinking of a plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Thanks for commenting girls, and yes there was lots of suspense! It makes the story better… maybe even a little exciting? Perhaps…