So Here's to Living Life Miserable

The story of a sad road trip that never was

“I wonder if we should stop and get food here, or should we try to get to the next town?” Spencer asked from behind the wheel of our new Rv
“Well I’m hungry now, so here sounds good” Brendon said
“Sounds good to me,” I agreed, “Should we try to steel gas?”
“ That’s probably a good idea” Ryan smiled, as Spencer pulled into the gas station, “so! Game plan, Sara and Brendon get food. Spencer and I will get gas, if we can”
“And the kids?” Spencer asked as he turned off the RV
Ryan got up and grabbed his Shotgun, “its probably safest if they stay here. Are you two okay with that?”
“Yeah,” Scott nodded, “that’s fine”
“Alright lets go” Ryan said as he and Spencer exited the RV.
“Hay Scott can I use your revolver?” I asked
I didn’t really want to carry knives around any more; I would probably end up hurting myself sooner then later.
“Oh! Yeah sure” Scott nodded as he got the gun and handed it to me
“Thanks sweetie” I smiled and put it in the back of my pants.
Brendon and I got off the RV and closed the door behind us.
“Are the pumps working?” Brendon asked as we passed Spencer on our way to the store
“Yeah, luckily” he laughed, “Ryan’s getting more of those red jug things”
“Good” I nodded
The windows were already smashed out of the doors. So Brendon and I just walked through them into the store.
Brendon started to load his arms up with chips and candy, as I walked behind the counter to get plastic bags.
I walked over to Brendon and opened one of the plastic bags I grabbed.
“Good idea” he smiled and started to fill up the bag
We filled up every bag with non-perishable food items, and beverages. We had so many we had to get Ryan and Spencer to help us carry them onto the RV.
As soon as everything and everyone was on the RV, Spencer once again started up the RV and we were back on our way.
Ryan grabbed a bag of chips, and a two-leader bottle of cream soda, and sat beside me on the little couch.
“Want some?” he offered
“Psh! Heck yes! I love cream soda” I smiled and happily took the bottle from him
“I know,” he whispered to himself
“Do ya now?” I smiled
He laughed and offered the chips to Jade, “Want some?”
She smiled and nodded happily, “yes please!”
I couldn’t help but giggle at how cute she was. It was really sad that someone so young and innocent had to go through this.
“So Scott” I said, beginning a conversation, “how long were you two at the RV place?”
“Um, since this whole thing started” he said sadly
“Oh, can I ask why?” Brendon asked with his mouth full of poptart
“Our parents were going to take us on a road trip, so we were shopping for an RV…” he trailed off for a moment, “we were just coming out of one we really liked, when, ah. When one of those things came after us. I grabbed Jade, and mom and I ran for the building. The, the thing had grabbed out father and it w-was r-ripping him a-p-part”
Scott started tearing up as he stopped. I went over, kneeled down in front of him, and embraced him in a tight hug.
I soothingly rubbed his back as he cried on my shoulder
“Everything’s gonna be okay now sweetheart” I whispered and kissed the top of his head, “you and your sister are going to be just fine”
“So is your mother okay?” Spencer asked
“Mummy went to heaven with Daddy” Jade said rather cheerfully, “they’re waiting for us there”
“I’m sure they are” Brendon smiled sadly
I had an odd feeling in my chest, as Scott started to cry even harder.
I felt a sudden urge to keep these kids safe; it was a very odd and motherly feeling. Like these were my kids now, and it was my job to make sure they get out of this okay.
I looked up at Ryan, who had a sad sympathetic look in his eyes.
“Everything’s gonna be just fine” I whispered to Scott soothingly again, not breaking eye contact with Ryan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today's been a pretty good day, so I decided to update! WOO!!! If I get some comments before I go to bed I'll update again tonight :D
Thanks to PromEqualsHalloween and heartbreakisforever for commenting! and I'm sorry I made you guys cry...