So Here's to Living Life Miserable

Death bites... they hurt... a lot!

I was shaken awake by the sudden stopping of the RV. We’d been driving for hours now. And everyone was tired, so we were taking turns driving and sleeping. At the moment it was Brendons turn.
Ryan groggily snuggled his face into the crook of my neck as he asked, “What happened Bren?”
“This piece of shit broke down” Brendon groaned, and hit his head against the steering wheel dramatically.
“You’ve got to be shitting me,” Scott groaned from his spot on the couch
“Watch your mouth, and no I’m not” Brendon sighed
“How close are we to the town?” Spencer asked as he stood up and stretched
“Well we’re in town, I was just looking for a safe place to stay before I woke everyone up” Brendon explained, “and I would have made it to the hotel right over there if this dumb thing didn’t decide to die!”
Ryan lifted his head so he could look at me, “you ready to go?”
I shrugged, “ready as I’ll ever be, I guess”
“Alright” Ryan sighed, “Scott go get your sister, everyone else grab some stuff”
We all did as we were told, then exited the RV only to find out that the hotel was just across the street.
We all snuck around to the back of the hotel and dropped our stuff beside the employee’s door.
“You guys stay here while we go check the place out,” Spencer said, as he and Ryan went inside.
I sighed and looked around to find that Jade was nowhere in sight.
“Oh god, where’s Jade?” I asked as I started to go into panic mode
“I duno, she was right here just a second ago!” Scott said as he too started to panic
“I’ll go look for her, you two stay here,” I said calmly, though I felt like I was going to explode with fear.
What if one of those things got Jade. I couldn’t let that happen, I wouldn’t let that happen!
I started to walk off when Scott quietly called my name.
“Yeah?” I asked as I turned and looked at him
“You can have this, you can probably use it better then I can” Scott smiled slightly as he handed me his gun.
“Thanks” I nodded, “I’ll be back in a sec”
I hid the gun in the back of my pants as I rushed off to find Jade. I slowly peeked my head around the corner of the building to make sure the coast was clear, and it was thankfully. Jade was petting a kitten at the mouth of the alleyway.
I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that she was okay.
“Hay Sara, look it’s a kitty” Jade said happily, “I think it’s a girl. I’ll name her mittens, because she has white paws, like mittens”
I couldn’t help but smile as she giggled. I knelt down beside her and pet the cat.
“She’s very nice, but we have to get back to your brother and Brendon now” I smiled
“Can we take mittens with us?” she asked with wide eyes, as I stood back up
I shook my head, no. She looked down at the cat sadly.
“Sorry mittens, but we cant take you with us” she said sadly as she pet the cat one last time.
She stood up smiling, but her smiled quickly turned to fear as she looked at me. She fell backwards next to the cat and pointed behind me.
I quickly grabbed the gun out of the back of my pants and turned around. Only to have the worst pain imaginable suddenly flow through my shoulder.
I pushed the zombie off of me and quickly shot it in the head, gritting my teeth together to stop myself from screaming out in pain.
I sat down next to Jade and looked at my shoulder. It luckily wasn’t too deep under normal circumstances I would live, but unluckily I already knew I was going to die from it.
I took a deep breath and looked at Jade. She was shaking from head to toe with tears. And in that moment I knew I couldn’t let them know I’d been bitten, I needed to stay with Jade and Scott for as long as possible. And when it was fully time to die I would go out in a hail of bullets, and take out as many zombies as I could before I lost all sense and became mindless just like them!
I ripped the bottom of my shit off and wrapped it around my arm to stop the little bleeding. I noticed that the zombie was around my size, and that his jacket was in surprisingly good shape.
I took the leather jacket off of the corpse of what was once a young man, and put it on. Then pushed the gun back into to the back of my pants.
I turned to Jade and sighed, “you have to promise not to tell anyone what happened, okay?”
She looked up at me and nodded, “okay”
“Good, now lets go” I said as I picked her up and started to walk back to where Brendon and Scott where.
I was surprised at how little my shoulder hurt now. Haley made it seem unbearably painful, but my bite barely even stung!
When I got back Brendon and Scott where sitting on either side of the door, looking very bored and worried.
“Oh thank god you’re both okay!” Brendon said as he hurried to his feet, “we heard a gun shot and- wait, where’d you get that jacket?”
I smirked and set Hayley down, “I took it off a dead guy, like it?”
“Ew, Sar that’s disgusting!” Brendon wrinkled his nose as he hugged Jade, “and you had me worried sick”
She giggled as she skipped over to her brother, who was still sitting by the door, “sorry”
“Its okay, at least you’re safe!” I smiled as Brendon and I sat down on the other side of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to PromEqualsHalloween and heart break is forever for commenting!
Sorry it took so long to get this out, I just never seem to post on weekends *shruggs*
GAH! I had an amazing day! I'm still really happy about it :D hopefully you'll all make it even better by commenting... perhaps? :3