So Here's to Living Life Miserable

A night of pain

Later on that night everyone was asleep but me. I was in too much pain; it was coming in random bursts all through my body quite frequently. It felt like I was being hit by a car over and over again.
It gave me time to think, when I wasn’t in pain. Perhaps a little too much time to think. I just kept replaying how Ryan described Spencer’s death.
Ryan had made Scott take Jade into the room across the hall so he could tell us. I was absolutely horrified when he finished.
They had apparently teamed up on Spencer, overpowering him, while some distracted Ryan. They started to scratch and bite him as they drug him out into the street, where they fought over him like wild animals. All the while Spencer was screaming for Ryan to help him, but Ryan couldn’t.
The few that were fighting Ryan hobbled off to join in on the feeding frenzy, as Ryan just stood there too frightened to move as he watched his best friend get his torso ripped open, and all his insides pulled out and thrown around. That’s when Ryan ran up stairs.
I knew he felt that it was his fault that Spencer died, and he felt horrible because he didn’t even try to help Spencer.
Though even if he did help Spencer, he would have had to kill him anyway. But that wasn’t the point. Spencer was his best friend and he just stood idly by as he was ripped apart by zombies.
I knew how he felt somewhat. I had lost my best friend too. Though I didn’t know what he was fully going through seeing as I did everything I could to save her.
As soon as that thought ended another surge of pain shot through my body, causing me to convulse and grind my teeth together.
Ryan pulled me closer and held me tighter in his sleep, which was somewhat comforting. But it still didn’t help the pain.
It was so bad this time that I passed out.

***

The next morning I awoke to the feeling of being watched. I shrugged it off and stretched, as I yawned and opened my eyes to be met with the sight of everyone staring at me as if I was some sort of science experiment.
“What?” I asked tiredly
“What happened to you?” Ryan asked looking concerned
“What do you mean? Nothing happened to me” I shrugged as I got up off my spot on the floor
“I beg to differ, honey” Jimmy smiled slightly as he held up a broken mirror.
I looked in shock at the reflection that was staring back at me. I was horrified but excited at the same time. This had to be some kind of joke, or dream.
My eyes had changed from their ocean blue to a dark purple. And my skin had gone from a white to a pasty white with a green tinge.
“Is this some kind of joke?” I asked as I touched my face
They all shook there heads, as Jade piped up and gave me a hug.
“Maybe this happened because you got bit!” she exclaimed in a wondering tone
“You were what!” Ryan exclaimed as everyone’s look of confusion changed to a look of shock and a little anger
“Well yesterday when Jade ran off, I got bitten when I found her” I explained looking down at my hands shamefully, “I told her not to tell, and I didn’t tell, because I wanted to stay and help all of you before… you know”
They were all quiet. I figured they were speechless with rage. I couldn’t blame them; I had put them all in danger because I was selfish. I did it because I didn’t want to die and know that I didn’t help them get to safety.
“So maybe this means we do have a chance” Jimmy said after about a minute of silence, “I mean… if you could survive being bitten then maybe others can too, or perhaps we can find a cure. I’m sure I could if you let me study you”
I gave him a confused look, he should have been furious with me. And I assumed everyone agreed with me… for a moment at least, until his words sunk in.
“You think you could really do that?” Brendon asked hopefully
“Most definitely, if I had the equipment that is. And well Sara’s permission to test her like a lad rat” Jimmy laughed at his joke, “oh my! I should contact Arnold and tell him the good news!
With that he rushed over to his equipment and started to franticly type.
Ryan shook his head in distaste as he glanced over at Jimmy; he then looked back at me and forced a slight smile.
“You should have told us,” he said as he took a seat on the bed
I sat beside him and looked at my lap, “I know, but I couldn’t. You would have just killed me, and I wouldn’t have been able to help you. I figured that I could at least help you guys one more time before I kicked the bucket… you know” I let out a quick fake laugh, “some help I was”
I looked up at Ryan to be met by his gorgeous brown eyes. I really wanted to know what he was thinking at the moment.
“Can I see where you were bitten?” Brendon asked, “it’s probably still all gross, seeing as you weren’t able to take care of it”
I smiled slightly and nodded, “sure”
I took off the jacket I had stolen from my attacker, then I untied the scrap of material I had tied around it to reveal a very nasty… scar?
I quickly ran my fingers over it in shock. Yes, it was most definitely a scar. It was in the shape of a very nasty human bite, it was quite haggard and lumpy. It kinda reminded me of the joker’s scars… but worse.
“Well it looks like Doctor Brendon isn’t needed” Brendon joker, trying to lighten the mood.
Which he did successfully, seeing as he made Jade giggle and Scott chuckle
I rolled my eyes and smiled, “I guess not”
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha this story's had 69 readers XD... I hope someone understands why I find that funny...

Sorry about Spencer... but it had to happen... :'(

So I didnt have school today, so I decided to work on this story. And I am happy to say that I have finished writing it! there are 2 more parts after this and an alternate ending... for thoes who like an unhappy ending like I do :D

Thanks to Fangsup, heartbreakisforever, and PromEqualsHalloween for commenting, as always :D