I'm an Agent of Chaos and I'm Sending a Message

Sometimes The Past Is The Cause Of Our Problems

Here we were again, back at the hideout. It seems we always spent most of our time here when we weren't causing chaos. Only this time, the Joker left me here with the dogs while him and the guys left. Looking down at my new pets, I smiled while calling them over. "Come here boys, let's go find some food" I said, walking inside as the dogs padded along in my footsteps. Heading into the kitchen, I frowned when I saw there wasn't much to be eaten. Grabbing the last piece of chicken, or what I thought looked like chicken, and put it in a bowl for the dogs. "Sorry boys, there's not much else" I said, rubbing them before leaving. 'He left without so much as a good bye' I thought as I headed out the door. 'I probably shouldn't be leaving, he'll have a fit'. Not really caring if he cared or not, I walked back to my home. It had been a long walk and my feet were killing me, but I felt I needed to go back. Not only did I need my clothes, I needed something else; my sketchbook and diary.

Yes I know, pathetic for an adult like me to have a diary, but it's the only thing that kept me sane over the years. Now being stuck with the Joker, I obviously think I need something to keep my mind off him. My feelings for him were growing by the minutes and even though I knew he felt the same, he couldn't show it the way normal people would. After packing up what was left of my clothes, I found my diary and sketchbook, shoving them into the dark abyss of the bag slung over my shoulder. After I left my apartment, I took one last look at it before I set it on fire. Why did I do that might you ask? Well, it's simple. If I work for the Joker, I can't have any traces of my DNA lying around for them to trace. I don't want to be found, I guess you could say. Especially not when I'm in a tug of war between the Joker and the mob. On my way back, I saw a tattoo parlor and pulled out my idea for a tattoo before heading inside. "Miss how can I help ya?" asked the guy. "I'd like this tattooed on me" I said, handing him the drawing. "Where would you like it?" he asked. "My shoulders, please" I said as he traced it up then directed me where to sit. I laid down so he could start tattooing.

Some people say tattoos hurt, some say they don't hurt at all. Now someone who's been living with the Joker and has been beaten by him, they know the true meaning of pain and don't think small things like this hurt. After it was over, I thanked the man and paid him before leaving. By some miracle, I was back before the Joker and I smiled to myself as I went inside. The three dogs bounded over to me and started to lick my hands. "Aw hey guys, I'm sorry for leaving" I said as I knelt down to their level, causing them to slobber all over my face. Standing up quickly, I wiped the slobber off. "Yuck! No offense, but you guys have bad breath" I said, smiling at them. Heading up to my room, well the Joker's and my room, I placed my bag down on the floor before taking out my diary . Flipping through it, I stopped at one date that went back to my years in middle school. "Mom and Dad are yelling more and more. I could've sworn I heard him hit her last night, maybe I was imagining things" I read. 'That was in 6th grade' I commented. "I came home to find my dad gone. No divorce or anything, he just up and left. Guess this is a lesson telling me that love only leaves" '7th grade'. "Today I started doing drugs. Mom is never home, and I found her stash of cocaine in her drawer. Wonder how long she's been doing this" '9th grade'.

After reading all my hardships, I felt a sense of pride that I was able to overcome these things. 'Sadly, my soon to be good life was taken by the Joker' I thought. 'No, that's not right. It was taken because of my curiosity' I argued. Picking up a pen that I had found on the floor, I started to right in my diary. "Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets, Cause you're the only one I know who'll keep them. Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets, I know that you'll keep them and this is what I've done" I wrote as the words just flowed from my mind to the paper like drops of water falling from a leaf. "I've been a bad, bad girl for so long, I don't know how to change what went wrong , Daddy's little girl when he went away, What did it teach me? That love leaves" I continued to write, ignoring the tears that threatened to spill in my eyes. "Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets 'Cause you're the only one that I know who'll keep them
Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets, I know you'll keep them, so this is what I've, Done". There was no stopping the tears as I continued to write. Everything came rushing back, every bad choice just hit me like a ton of bricks. The Joker's beating's didn't break me, but this sure did. "I've been down every road you could go .I made some bad choices as you know. Seems I have the whole world cradled in my hands. But it's just like me not to understand" "Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets 'Cause you're the only one that I know who'll keep them. Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets I've been a bad, bad girl" Somehow, the Joker wasn't home yet and even though I shouldn't worry, I still did, despite the breakdown I was currently having. "I learned my lessons. I turned myself around. I've got a guardian angel tattooed on my shoulder. She's been watching over me. Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets 'Cause you're the only one that I know who'll keep them. Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets I've been a bad, bad girl. Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets 'Cause you're the only one that I know who'll keep them
Dear, dear diary, I want to tell my secrets I've been a bad, bad girl

I've been a bad, bad girl".

Throwing my diary across the room, I just took off my shirt, putting a purple spaghetti strap tank top on, and shorts, before curling into a ball on the bed. The dogs pushed open the door and curled up on the floor beside the bed as I fell asleep.

*No One's POV*

The Joker and his henchmen returned. "BEAUTIFUL!" called the Joker, receiving no reply. He growled to himself before heading upstairs. Seeing the door open to his room, he kicked it open further before seeing the dogs on the floor with Keira sleeping. His hard gaze softened before catching sight of the diary on the floor. He picked it up and read everything, even the words she had just written down before falling asleep. A piece of paper dropped down from the diary, causing the Joker to pick it up. On the piece of paper was an angel. She had long blue hair with jade eyes. Her wings were long and pearly white, surrounded by cherry blossom petals. The gown she wore was as white as snow, decorated with the same petals that surrounded the angel. Looking up from the paper, the Joker saw the same image on Keira's shoulders. Only this image had the kanji for guardian angel under it. 'I guess beautiful has her own share of troubles as well' he thought before kissing her head and walking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry that I haven't been updating this. It's just, I've been having MAJOR writer's block with this story. I still have a case of writer's block, this chapter was just inspired by Pink's 'Dear Diary', which just so happens to be in the chapter as a Diary entry