Your Love Cuts The Strings

Chapter 17

I latched the necklace together around her gorgeous, swan neck. I stepped back to look at the beautiful girl. I smiled as I looked her over. Her cheeks began to redden and I could smell the blood rising to her face. It smelled wonderful. I bet she tasted even better. I shook my head. I had to snap out of it.

"So, how about we see that movie?" I pushed, trying to keep my thoughts off of her blood.

She nodded and smiled. "That sounds nice," she said quietly.

I opened the passenger door of the car. She grinned, showing the beautiful teeth that she usually kept hidden. I smiled and closed the door, quickly returning to the driver's side. I hopped in and started the car. The engine purred. I looked over at Jaden and frowned when I saw that she didn't have her seatbelt on. "Jaden, sweetie, you'll need your seatbelt on."

"Why?" she asked.

"Just trust me," I almost laughed. She hesitantly obeyed. I, then, floored the gas pedal and we shot off the driveway.

I looked over to Jaden, who was staring wide-eyed at the spedometer which was quickly powering over 90. She closed her eyes tightly. "For the love of God, Ian, slow down." I just chuckled. She looked over at me - glaring. "Slow the fuck down," she growled. "I don't feel like dying at sixteen." She sighed in relief as she saw the needle fall past 70. "Thank you," she breathed.

I smiled. She really was wonderful. I had never met a girl that would tell a man to "fucking slow down." I chuckled lowly.

"Do you have any music?" she asked gleefully, returning to her old, happy self.

I popped open the armrest. She stared wide-eyed at the collection of cds that inhabited it. "Choose whatever you wish," I told her. It took her a bit, but she soon plucked a case out. It was A Fine Frenzy's One Cell in the Sea. "Good choice." She nodded in agreement. She pushed it into the cd player and quickly turned to number four. "You Picked Me" slowly filled the car.

"Like an apple on a tree, hiding out behind the leaves. I was difficult to reach, but you picked me.
Like a shell upon a beach, just another pretty piece. I was difficult to see, but you picked me.
Yeah, you picked me..."

I felt a warm hand suddenly touch my unearthly cold one. Jaden's hand gently rested upon mine. "I was difficult to see, but you picked me," she sang softly before gazing into my eyes.

I couldn't explain the feeling in my stomach at that moment. But it was...odd. I felt warm. It felt as, though, my dead heart was beating once again.

It didn't seem like any time at all, but the theater soon appeared over the road. I sighed. I didn't want this moment to be over. "We're here," I told her. Then, I slowly kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
You really should check this chick out. She's amazing. No joke. :D Click here to see her myspace. :)

Also, thank you for the two people who have commented. It really helps us get the chapters out faster. So, what does that mean? You readers should totally comment the story. Don't you want to see what happens when they see Twilight?!