Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Another One Bites The Dust

“They will kill him?” Kailli asked, focusing on the wolf.

“Yes” he growled in anger at her, I swear if he steps nearer to her, I will kill him.

“I can’t stay here, I don’t belong” Kailli said softly.

I could practically see the wolf cringe in sadness.

But he didn‘t deserve her, even I didn‘t deserve her.

“The others will be suspicious” he replied

How is it everyone falls for her?

Emery, the wolf, me…

“This is so like you Kailli” I snapped at her.

She was ruining our mission of killing the wolves, and instead falling in love with one of them!

“How is this like me?“ She snapped back.

“You attract enemies, even on the same side.”

I turned and stormed from the tent like area, I can’t believe it, out of all the different possibilities of what had happened to her, had run through my head.

A love sick werewolf was not one of them.

I began aimlessly walking, but soon came to an abrupt stop as I noticed I wasn’t alone.

I had foolishly been focusing on the floor, not remembering where I was.

Now as I looked up, my hair stood on end, that awful smell so strong it was making me cringe, I realised I was surrounded.

And sure enough, slowly wolves began creeping from my surroundings.

I was stood in the middle of their camp, the small fire crackling at my feet.

Wolves began leaking from tents, from within the trees, from everywhere.

I turned my head back, even the path to the tent containing Kailli had been blocked.

Creatures, of all different colours, some brown, some black, blonde, white…so many different colours.

And yet all as menacing.

I know understood why Emery hated werewolves so much.

They were big…and scary.

There were around 15 surrounding me, each baring their teeth, drool dripping from their sharp canines.

I gulped and tried to walk away, run away, find a way out.

But I ended up running in circles, inside the ring of wolves.

Their throaty laughter, came out as strangled howls.

“What do we have here then?” One of them growled, as he slowly transformed into a human shape.

The echo of snapping bones and stretching ligaments still haunting my ears.

“Lock him up, he dies at sun-up.”

I gulped again.

The wolves pounced, I dodged as many as possible, keeping my distance, as they lunged with their gigantic paws and teeth.
One wolf managed to catch the side of my head, and I fell to the ground, my palms scratching across the rocky surface.

All the air in my small body, went gushing out.

I slowly struggled to my feet, grimacing as pain rushed through me.

The pain would stop soon, as soon as I fed.

Once on my feet, I began moving about, once more trying to distance myself from the wolves.

It was like a sacred dance, passed down through generations, the constant fight between wolves and vampires.

It was then, that a familiar smell drifted into my nose, I turned my head, just as the majority of the wolves did.

There stood Kailli, her eyes wide in shock, her lips silently whispering my name.

I watched as a few of the wolves began to turn towards her.

Where was her new lover?

Why wasn’t he saving her?

They began pacing towards Kailli, so I ran, pushing past the ferocious creatures, jumping over them, when I couldn’t get around.

Until I stood in between Kailli and the approaching wolves.

I adopted a fighting stance, and then quickly turned to Kailli.

“Run!” I screamed.

She seemed scared, frozen to the spot, but then I saw the normal control and calm drift into her eyes.

I had to save her.

I can’t let her die.

I can’t let another woman I love die.

I heard her gasp, and quickly refocused my attention on the wolves, they must be about to pounce.

But then I heard her scream, I span around, not caring for the wolves who would take advantage of my distraction.

It was the wolf from before, carrying her away to safety.

As I felt my knees buckle, my chin meet the floor, the wolves piling on top of me, as claws and teeth tore into my pale flesh., I was happy, knowing that she was safe.

Her screaming my name, was the only sound that entered my ears, as her worry stricken face became my only image in my mind, as I drifted alarming quickly, into unconsciousness.

Maybe never to wake up…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like!!!
Comments are loved :)

P.S. Hopeless Heart is back :)