Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Distraction To A Deadly End

Donovan's Point Of View:

Our two swords clashed once more, the scarping of metal echoing through the room.

Quite why he had decided it would be a good idea to fight using swords rather than our hands, I don’t know.

His face was set, betraying no other emotion, other than anger.

I sighed to myself, and threw the sword across the room.

“Emery, this is ridiculous, we should be fighting like the true creatures we are.” I growled.

He hissed at me, throwing his sword to the ground, as he launched himself at me.

He pinned me to the ground, and I knew he was trying to kill me.

After all that loyal service I have given him, even after he killed Lilly.

And now, he wishes to kill me.

Anger boiled, and I lost control of my rational thought, as I struggled and fought against his hold.

Slowly, he moved his hands from my arm, to around my neck, squeezing tightly.

I coughed and choked, losing oxygen, as his hands began to break the delicate bones in my neck.

I saw the glowing eyes of Emery, he was angrier than I had ever seen him.

“Because of you, she isn’t coming back.” He hissed, as he squeezed tighter.

“Please, Emery.” I gasped out, as my breath got more difficult, and I could hear the straining bones.

Then he stopped.

Sitting up, and sighing, I couldn’t move properly due to him being sat on me, but he hadn’t killed me.

“I-I can’t. I-I can’t take a life.” He whispered, shaking his head.

“I can’t kill someone.”

I flew at him, knocking him backwards, and releasing myself from under him.

I began tightening my hands around his throat, squeezing hard, as I saw him starting to loose life.

He couldn’t kill ‘someone’! So what did that make Lilly? A no one?

I squeezed harder, and he gasped and struggled, but this was a fight I would win.

I leaned down to his ear, whispering into his dying body, “For Lilly.”

Then, with one final squeeze, his neck snapped, and his head lolled to the side, his eyes rolling into the back of his head.

His face, still contorted into a look of confusion.

But it was over, my revenge was served.

I heard a noise in what appeared to be the far distant, as I sat on top of the dead, cold body of Emery.

“Damn, Donovan. You were only meant to distract him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow...I haven't posted my Chapter in ages! I really should have done :S
Most sorry!
Anyway!
I hope you like this!!! And Well, Comments are loved quite a lot by all :)