Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Time For Truth

It was just before dawn, I made my way across the common grounds and into the already constructed tent.

Here I would wait, until the wolves arrived.

I was protected by the sun, but my men who were spread around, hiding in the trees, weren’t.

Many had taken to covering up completely.

I had with me, Tailor and Thrax.

I trusted them both, and they were strong.

We were to wait, as soon as the wolf entered the tent, my men who were hiding, will slaughter the body guards.

We could only hope that no one was watching.

Tailor, Thrax and I would then capture the wolf.

I couldn’t wait, I was literally itching to kill them.

Soon Kailli.

***

About three hours after the break of dawn, the tent door moved.

I had been listening to their erratic heart beats,

Their pounding footsteps.

One of the wolves seemed lighter, smaller than the others.

With any luck that one would stay outside, it would be easier to kill.

Slowly the tent door was pulled back and in she walked.

I couldn’t believe it.

They had let her go.

I smiled, the smile spreading across my face for the first time since she left.

I took a step forward, but she took a step back.

Her eyes flicking nervously around the tent, taking in me, Tailor and Thrax.

“Where’s Emery…” Her shaky voice asked, I could see the confusion and building up of anger in her eyes.

Was she still so transfixed on him?

We are here to save her!

“That doesn’t matter. You are free, they have let you go, come on, let’s go.” I took another step forward, holding my hand out hopefully to her.

But she shook her head and I felt my heart begin to crumble.

“No, I am here to sign the treaty on behalf of the wolves.”

I heard Tailor gasp, but I only narrowed my eyes.

Was she serious?

She was siding with those…Those creatures!

“Now. Where. Is. Emery.” Her voice was now filled with anger, and I could see her twitching.

“Dead.” I replied, and before I could stop it, a big smile graced my lips.

She froze, and I could see the conflict float across her eyes.

“Who killed him?” She asked in a whisper, shaking her head, her lips moving silently as if she were making a small prayer.

“Me.”

She jumped, flying across the small table that had been set up, landing on me and knocking me to the ground.

“You killed him! Why?” She screamed, her nails digging into my shoulders, as she pinned me to the floor.

“Because he killed my Lilly.” I whispered, but something felt wrong saying it out loud.

It didn’t settle properly in my brain.

Instantly she was gone, sat in the far corner, hugging her knees and rocking slightly.

Did she love him this much?

“No. No. No.” She kept repeating, the words floating from her quivering lips.

I sat up, confused.

What was wrong with her?

She seemed to compose herself and stood up, gliding across the ground.

“Donovan. Emery didn’t kill Lilly.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, It has been so long since we updated..My fault this time!
I'm going to try and see if we can make the updates a bit more regular!
SO anyway, hope you liked this chapter!
Oh and I have written a new story:
Story Link
The Angel Elite

It includes all of the following:

Werewolves
Vampires
Elves
Pixies
Elizabeth
Mathew
Devian
Angels
Love

Hope to see you there :)