Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Should A Promise Always Be Kept?

Kailli’s POV

The images kept coming,

The voice kept talking it was too much.

I stumbled and screamed as I fell to my knees again and again.

Memories of too many life times filled my head.

The end was the worst, it hurt the most, not just my head but my heart.

This Donovan that I had seen, I had known him, I had loved him, I did love him.

I had sacrificed myself in return for his life.

I had promised myself to a wolf so that I could protect him.

I sat on the ground and looked up on my audience.

My screams had caught their attention and every eye was on me.

As I looked between Donovan and Kale I held my throat, the last images of them replayed in my head.

I had thrown myself in front of Kale to save him and had my throat ripped out by Donovan.

Donovan had been fighting me, wanting to kill me because he found out I had killed his mate when he was a human.

I looked into his stunned beautiful eyes, I had missed them.

He came running over to me and pulled me into his arms.

Never had we ever been this close before, I couldn’t help myself but cry and hold onto him.

For the last three years I’ve been trying to find myself, my life and now I had finally done it, I had found my home.

I had to look at him, had to make sure it was him. I pulled back to look upon that face that I had watched for many years.

“D-Donovan…?” my voice was broken but I still managed out that one, amazing word.

“Kailli, I love you.” He whispered tears flowing unrestricted down his cheeks.

This was all too good to be true.

He would soon remember what I did to him that started all this and ended what he thought was my life.

He would remember I condemned him to this fate and killed the love of his life, he would remember I ruined his happy ending.

“I love you.” I had to say it, had to tell him before he remembered.

A wolf’s howl sounded from around us.

It was so pained and heart breaking and yet so familiar.

Donovan and I watched as Kale ran into the woods, I was torn.

I had saved him and sacrificed my life as I had for Donovan.

I didn’t love Kale but…

I owed him my life.

I had promised him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not long to go now folks, hope you all are liking it, you know we both love comments too, not hinting or anything *hint* okay maybe i am XD

Comments make us feel loved!