Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Out Numbered

30 wolves.

We had about 20 of us in total.

We were outnumbered, but we had the element of surprise.

I stood looking out over the area where the werewolf camp was.

It was dark, but I could just make out the steady glow of their camp fire.

A soft thump to my right, woke me from my gaze out into the darkness.

I didn’t need to look at who it was.

Her soft breathing was enough for me to know It was Kailli.

I had a job for her to do.

But it would be dangerous.

I had contemplated sending someone else, but no one was as experienced as her, as loyal as her.

Sending someone else would definitely get them caught, and us all exposed.

I sighed and turned to her.

“Kailli, I have a job for you.”

She had been gazing out into the darkness, like I had been, but now she turned to me, her eyes searching my face for something.

She nodded slightly and I continued.

Once I was sure she knew what she had to do, I lead her down the edge of the ledge we were on.

I crouched down in between bushes, looking out over the camp.

I could smell them again, their disgusting aroma creeping into my nose, and causing the hairs on my arm to stand on end.

“If you enter here, they shouldn’t see you. You have two hours, after that we will come and look for you, if you haven’t returned.”

She nodded.

When I had told her, what I wanted her to do, she had not seemed shocked or surprised.

She also hadn’t seemed scared, even though she was going into a dangerous situation.

She would be in danger.

But she was the best I have, no one else can handle themselves like her.

“Good luck.” I said softly, as she did up her coat, and got ready to move.

“Luck is for those who need it.”

I chuckled, she always was confident.

On the spur of the moment, I kissed her softly on the cheek, my lips just grazing across her smooth skin.

I heard her gasp, but before I could tell what her real reaction was, she was gone.

I could only hope she would survive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey...Well I feel unloved, as I'm sure Hopeless Heart would...
No comments...
Oh well..
:(
hope you like!
Comments are Loved